Workington Town (Away) - Sun 14 August. Predictions/Thoughts

Netherton Ram

Spot on Grumpy. I'll still be buying my season ticket for next year. I'm not proud to say it but I've seen some real dross over the years wearing Dewsbury shirts (and these aren't the worst by a long chalk) but we always come back for more.

Thought you didn't buy Dewsbury shirts BSJ!

Legs, Dews, Legs.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know if you were there or not but I was. I was just at the side of the dugout stood among the enemy!  And what I saw regarding Farrell was no more than a bent leg, he may have made contact but as far as I can honestly say he didn't. I would eat my words willingly if I am wrong. But what I did see was an almost football style bit of acting from the Workington player which resulted in the desired decision from the referee who was stood on the blind side and saw nothing other than the punches thrown firstly from the Workington player and the subsequent reply from Dewsbury. The resulting conversation with the touch judge confirmed to me why he has a specsaver shirt on!

And believe it or not some of the enemy said that was a harsh decision by the ref and a yellow would have been quite sufficient.

I have seen proper contact thousands of times and the players push each other away and get on with the game. Dewsbury did not play well that is true but that won't stop me watching Rugby. What would stop me watching Rugby is if the players start emulating footballers and take the acting for Oscars routine.

For some reason some Dewsbury fans seem to enjoy lambasting their own side, and that is sad.

I wa' ovver t'other side a'ground and didn't see Farrell's er, indiscretion (was talking to a Worky fan), but we saw the punch from the Workington player, which is supposed be a red card offence itself I thought. When Farrell was dismissed the Town supporters were happy, but some did suggest the red was not warranted.

The loss of players to the sin bin didn't cost us the game (we'd have lost if 14 players had been on the field), it's the going to sleep twenty minutes from time every game that is our undoing.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

I have nothing against the rams as a club and best of luck for the rest of the season. However let's summarise sunday. 1 red 3 yellows and the linesman on four times to advise the ref of a dewsbury infringement plus sevral others the ref did actually spot. Credit to the rams fans saying it did happen but to the rest trying to split hairs and criticise town players then your fooling yourselves. Games done and dusted now time to move on.

The Workington player in question is one of the toughest, fairest most no nonsense players you could meet. To suggest he took a dive or engaged football style tactics is a load of blinkered nonsense. The knee he received caused him a blood injury and many players would have got up and took exception which he did immediately. The games hard enough without that ######.

Theres a photo on the Workington twitter of Farrel throwing a punch after making knee contact with the head of a man playing the ball. In this day and age thats a red card and quite possibly two seperate charges for him to face

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

The Workington player in question is one of the toughest, fairest most no nonsense players you could meet. To suggest he took a dive or engaged football style tactics is a load of blinkered nonsense. The knee he received caused him a blood injury and many players would have got up and took exception which he did immediately. The games hard enough without that ######.

Theres a photo on the Workington twitter of Farrel throwing a punch after making knee contact with the head of a man playing the ball. In this day and age thats a red card and quite possibly two seperate charges for him to face

I along with the Workington supporters near me saw what we saw and for your own fans to suggest it was a harsh decision says it all. Did he get a knock on the head prior to the incident in question cause I don't think he could have got it from Farrell's knee. As I said in an earlier posting if I'm wrong I'll stand corrected as would I assume your own fans who saw what I saw.

He may well be a very respected player that I don't doubt but he probably got the injury elsewhere.

As I stated I was stood with your supporters and other than watch a very poor performance from my team enjoyed the company I was in.

I wa' ovver t'other side a'ground and didn't see Farrell's er, indiscretion (was talking to a Worky fan), but we saw the punch from the Workington player, which is supposed be a red card offence itself I thought. When Farrell was dismissed the Town supporters were happy, but some did suggest the red was not warranted.

The loss of players to the sin bin didn't cost us the game (we'd have lost if 14 players had been on the field), it's the going to sleep twenty minutes from time every game that is our undoing.

or maybe just unfit???? Happens every week we lose 2nd half , even with good leads. Batley have a fitness coach, we don't and it tells... That said 12, 11 or 10 men v 13 is always going to spell disaster. Would like to see the Farrell incident on rams you tube page judge for myself but it doesn't sound good. Didn't he get done and a suspension for a similar thing v Batley in Blackpool or did you see it different to the ref and rfl tribunal wellie????? ( who clearly is a relative or friend of Farrell) If I and the rams fans the ref the worky fans who claimed he should of walked are wrong then I would happily apologise to Joel in person .

Against Batley I believe that he was cited following video evidence rather than sent off. JF has had the same problem all of the time that he has played for us, simply that he isn't a team player, can't follow team structures and thinks that he is better than the rest. I've seen many players of this ilk over the years - some become wiser and use their undoubted talents to become very good players, whilst some just drift out of the game leaving a poor reputation behind them. I don't know how JF will eventually turn out but he does have talent if he chooses to use it.

I will not enter into sartorial discussions with the elitists of the South Stand.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

or maybe just unfit???? Happens every week we lose 2nd half , even with good leads. Batley have a fitness coach, we don't and it tells... That said 12, 11 or 10 men v 13 is always going to spell disaster. Would like to see the Farrell incident on rams you tube page judge for myself but it doesn't sound good. Didn't he get done and a suspension for a similar thing v Batley in Blackpool or did you see it different to the ref and rfl tribunal wellie????? ( who clearly is a relative or friend of Farrell) If I and the rams fans the ref the worky fans who claimed he should of walked are wrong then I would happily apologise to Joel in person .

As I said in an earlier post some Dewsbury fans are all too quick to lambast our own lads, and as you said earlier your were fortunate enough to not go and weren't there hence you fall directly into that category. As far as being a relative of Joel Farrell no I am not but I have a suspicion those Worky fans I were stood with AT THE GAME may well all be his relations.

If you don't travel don't comment !

As I said in an earlier post some Dewsbury fans are all too quick to lambast our own lads, and as you said earlier your were fortunate enough to not go and weren't there hence you fall directly into that category. As far as being a relative of Joel Farrell no I am not but I have a suspicion those Worky fans I were stood with AT THE GAME may well all be his relations.

If you don't travel don't comment !

I do Usualy travel mate. Have done years. I was going on what other people have said. Ok so I probably shouldn't judge until I know what's happend but 1 red 3 yellows says a lot to my mind. Just dissapointed in the player and in deed other players who's I'll discipline LOST us the game Sunday. On top of that the poor performances we've been dished out over the corse of the season- what is it? We play well 1 game in 5? Then understand fellow supporters dissapointment and frustration. Just because I didn't go doesn't mean I ain't asked friends who did how we played and can tell you this they were dissapointed! Il ask you this , do you think that everything as been all good and well this season? Anyway not arguing with a fellow supporter, entitled to your opinion just like myself

I do Usualy travel mate. Have done years. I was going on what other people have said. Ok so I probably shouldn't judge until I know what's happend but 1 red 3 yellows says a lot to my mind. Just dissapointed in the player and in deed other players who's I'll discipline LOST us the game Sunday. On top of that the poor performances we've been dished out over the corse of the season- what is it? We play well 1 game in 5? Then understand fellow supporters dissapointment and frustration. Just because I didn't go doesn't mean I ain't asked friends who did how we played and can tell you this they were dissapointed! Il ask you this , do you think that everything as been all good and well this season? Anyway not arguing with a fellow supporter, entitled to your opinion just like myself

Fair comments and in answer to your question, no they haven't played as well as last year.

I have seen the footage of the Workington game and on 2min 16 sec into the video you do indeed see Joel's knee go in but I reckon it has hit either the ball or the ball carrying arm and no way would it have caused a blood injury as suggested by a Workington fan on yesterdays postings.

There may be no need to do what he did but to be hung drawn and quartered for it is a bit over the top. And I think that if the handbags hadn't been thrown about a yellow would have been sufficient. Also bear in mind the retaliator got a yellow.

cheers and good luck.

More repercussions from the game

• Joel Farrell (Dewsbury) - Grade A Strikes with knee (EGP not available)
  • Paul Sykes (Dewsbury) - Grade B Foul and abusive language towards a Match Official (EGP available)

Death is not the end. Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush.

paraphrase of Terry Pratchett from Good Omens written in 1990.

Have just watched the incident on YouTube. That was not in any way a sending off offence. Yellow card definitely for the general incident like the Workington player. It doesn't take away from the general indiscipline, but 2-3 games for that is laughable.

Sean O LoughIn nearly decapitated a Wakefield player and got 1 game. The Wakefield player is out for the season. The Workington player got up leading with his head.

But for Sykes to get banned for abusive language is just stupid. He seems to have spent most of the season arguing with referees

Have just watched the incident on YouTube. That was not in any way a sending off offence. Yellow card definitely for the general incident like the Workington player. It doesn't take away from the general indiscipline, but 2-3 games for that is laughable.

Sean O LoughIn nearly decapitated a Wakefield player and got 1 game. The Wakefield player is out for the season. The Workington player got up leading with his head.

But for Sykes to get banned for abusive language is just stupid. He seems to have spent most of the season arguing with referees

WR don't forget Farrell's already served a ban this season for using his knee in the tackle he just can't help himself. I'll be looking at Morrison's team selection for Halifax game with interest because I expect 1 or 2 players that let us down last week to be dropped,but I won't hold my breath.

I'd agree with that, I did go on Sunday as I was on holiday, but far too many times this season we have simply not preformed in the second half which has either seen a comfortable lead go or a close game at the interval slip too far beyond our grasp. This to me if very worrying and should be the coaching staffs priority. 

The future's bright, the future's RED AMBER & BLACK!

http://www.jmgaskets-seals.co.uk/ image.png.96e4130d8b139666bf34e8fcdead30d9.png

I'd agree with that, I did go on Sunday as I was on holiday, but far too many times this season we have simply not preformed in the second half which has either seen a comfortable lead go or a close game at the interval slip too far beyond our grasp. This to me if very worrying and should be the coaching staffs priority. 

Could it be we are just not fit enough?... and resort to spoiling tactics to compensate ???

Could it be we are just not fit enough?... and resort to spoiling tactics to compensate ???

I have to assume Pricey takes the fitness sessions, and even he looks as fit as most - on one leg and with a bad back. Must be the worst fitness levels from a Dewsbury side since Andy Fisher did his coaching sessions in the pub.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Id bring nothing back that Warren Jowitt did in his time coaching Dewsbury. I agree that we don't seem as fit as a lot of other teams in the league, but bringing back the Jowitt man management manual is not the way forward.

James

Rams Scoreboard/Facebook/Twitter/Occasional announcer/Teamsheets and much more!

Also, play in a classic rock and metal covers band www.justicerising.co.uk

Think we're on the Italian fitness plan

Must have been aquired on morrison jaunt

It's called PASTA the ball more

Don't let the defending team RAVIOLI you onto your back.

If you keep your discipline you CANNELLONI not give cheap penalties away

They need to tackle harder.. We're not playing TAGLIATELLE rugby

Our current style of playing is a load of BOLOGNESE ;)

And if the players follow his instructions to the letter

Winning will be a pizza pis ;)

Think that's something Glen needs to address next season. It's every week we lose the 2nd half. It surely must be fitness??? Think the lads need a warren jowitt style pre season next year...

We need a conditioner. Gibbo was previously in charge of this and did a good job -no-one seems to have done really anything this time around. A big part of Batley's success this season has been the ability to compete for 80 mins. We have patently failed in that respect.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

We need a conditioner. Gibbo was previously in charge of this and did a good job -no-one seems to have done really anything this time around. A big part of Batley's success this season has been the ability to compete for 80 mins. We have patently failed in that respect.

Could be the truest words you've ever typed BSJ. Everyone at Batley openly admit that John Heaton has done wonders for them. Having a strength and conditioner could have a bigger impact than any signing.

Could be the truest words you've ever typed BSJ. Everyone at Batley openly admit that John Heaton has done wonders for them. Having a strength and conditioner could have a bigger impact than any signing.

John heaton has been at batley since 2010 after karl harrison brought him the club culture at batley changed, john help us reach the nrc & gf before he missed one season which he ended up at cas u19s and was mistreated so came back in 2015 and he's been wonders plus having a settled side every week or there abouts helps too i know injurys don't help but consistence does

John heaton has been at batley since 2010 after karl harrison brought him the club culture at batley changed, john help us reach the nrc & gf before he missed one season which he ended up at cas u19s and was mistreated so came back in 2015 and he's been wonders plus having a settled side every week or there abouts helps too i know injurys don't help but consistence does

Yes, and being in sound condition helps to prevent those injuries too.

Archived