Lets pool our ideas

the old nine ole

Current problems are; lack of man power and not enough been done to please supporters.

Wouldn't having a gathering, meeting, forum whatever you want to call it, where ideas are discussed uncover some more volunteers. People may be more likely to give up their time if it was being spent on ideas that they support.

I have been reading with interest some of the posts on this thread. 

The Amber Ribbon supporters group still meet regularly, as with most things suggested on here it all boils down to manpower and people being willing to commit. There are still a group of volunteers who spend three mornings a week, carrying out maintenance jobs around the stadium.

We have tried fundraising events over the last couple of years, again it's up to people committing to attend these.

Anyone is welcome to attend the meetings and come on board as part of the committee.  The next Amber Ribbon meeting is this evening at Hanging Heaton Working Mens Club at 8pm. It would be good to see some new faces and  ' pool ideas '

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Totally agree on the Amber Ribbon music. It doesn't get anybody fired up before a game. That is why I don't tend to use it as the players run out when I do PA duties. Nothing against the brass band though at all.

I wondered why you'd stopped playing it,shame really. Why don't we having players coming out to"always look on the bright side of life".

Maybe a couple of our players could get fired up by Tubthumping?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Heaven knows by the smiths seems apt

Well, some of us have been miserable for decades (which won't be improved by a drum).

:shout:

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

You may have started something there, Graham.

I'll do my utmost to restrain myself from posting alternative(s) - although a couple immediately spring to mind!

I told you so, Graham.

I knew Coolie wouldn't let me down. The worrying thing is, he came up with a couple of the songs that came to my mind.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

What about an optimistic "the only way is up" or the pessimistic Quo anthem "Down down deeper and down" :lol:

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

I have been reading with interest some of the posts on this thread. 

The Amber Ribbon supporters group still meet regularly, as with most things suggested on here it all boils down to manpower and people being willing to commit. There are still a group of volunteers who spend three mornings a week, carrying out maintenance jobs around the stadium.

We have tried fundraising events over the last couple of years, again it's up to people committing to attend these.

Anyone is welcome to attend the meetings and come on board as part of the committee.  The next Amber Ribbon meeting is this evening at Hanging Heaton Working Mens Club at 8pm. It would be good to see some new faces and  ' pool ideas '

D.I.Y. is not me ... I would seriously injure myself if I tried .....   but business improvement strategy is another matter .... and I would be happy to give up some time as long as I didn't  have to pick up a hammer!!   

D.I.Y. is not me ... I would seriously injure myself if I tried .....   but business improvement strategy is another matter .... and I would be happy to give up some time as long as I didn't  have to pick up a hammer!!   

We would welcome people on board and you are welcome to attend the next meeting. The date will be posted on here.

Thanks.

We would welcome people on board and you are welcome to attend the next meeting. The date will be posted on here.

Thanks.

Please PM me .. happy to help with marketing,  business planning and cost efficiencies .... but definitely no hammer or paint brush!!  

Idea .... invest in a new P.A. system for the Royal suite !!

Packed out after the match yesterday, but only those on the front table could hear the presentations,  I wanted to hear what was said, but being sat at the back couldn't hear a thing!!   .... a missed opportunity...  I wasn't the only one who couldn't hear ... many fans shouting ' speak up I can't hear you' without acknowledgement or improvement.

The attraction of the after match presentations is significant to some, and should be conducted in a more professional way...  yesterday no P.A. at all ... other occasions, when the P.A. is switched on  it has been like listening to Norman Collier .. or it just gives up half way through the speeches ... Come on Dews .. sort it out ...I want to hear what is said!!

Archived