2017 Squad and Signings

allroughyed

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could be a red herring I suppose.  The Adam Neal rumour was fairly strong but I think the Tyson one may just be speculation.  

I had a dream it was FuiFui MoiMoi the other night.  I woke up convinced it was him.  

Oh blimey, imagine it is.  I need to get down to the bookies for a price in the morning.

yeh he,s a class player had talks with haven and barrow but declined them i was told about the oldham crack 2 weeks ago but the rumours are gathering more now

Probably got 3 halfbacks at present in Hewitt, Leatherbarrow and Grimmer as back up as used more at centre last year. If he is class would be a decent signing, but think more outside backs a priority.

COME ON OLDHAM!!!! COME ON OLDHAM!!!!!

Phillips can play hooker as well. He's class and I'd definitely sign him if we can. I reckon Grimmer might play Loose a bit this year as well as in the halves.

I wonder why the quality of the players we are signing has suddenly gone up. We've always gone for really young unknown players with potential but this year every new guy is a calibre above what we are used to. Is it purely because we look stable in the Championship or are we spending a few more pennies?

Phillips can play hooker as well. He's class and I'd definitely sign him if we can. I reckon Grimmer might play Loose a bit this year as well as in the halves.

I wonder why the quality of the players we are signing has suddenly gone up. We've always gone for really young unknown players with potential but this year every new guy is a calibre above what we are used to. Is it purely because we look stable in the Championship or are we spending a few more pennies?

We have to spend more to compete in this league. When we were in League 1 we would have received either £50K or was it £75K from the RFL cental funding. In Championship based on last years finishing position we get £150K. That is a significant change in income across 2 years (£300k compared to max £150K previously) and whilst we have probably given those from our retained League 1 squad a pay increase it should allow us the ability to go out and sign the established Championship players to get to mid table. Established players at this level have now seen we can compete and we are probably a bit more able to compete for their signatures this year than last as the new boys in the league. Squad shaping up nicely in my opinion.

lots of rumours up here in cumbria that workys callum phillips as been offered a deal by you lot he,s a class player

Comments on the Worky forum that the lad will sign if Oldham agree he only has to travel down from Cumbria once a week for training. Can't see Scott agreeing to that. If that's true sounds like a non-starter.

Archived