Demise of the cru

rossco123

Guess we should look at Oldham, they had there bad times, the ground, money, but they have got through it , there fans have stayed with them , Crusaders fans need to do the same, but not easy when we dont know who is going to be leaving or staying week to week dont know where we are playing at, just hope some one comes in and sorts it out be a shame not to have a club to support, but not easy to sell season tickets when all this going on. Queensway not ideal but if we need aground then so be it.

I appeal to all Crusader fans,stick with your club,the light at the end of the tunnel will be in view soon I'm sure.I'm sure you'll come out the other side a stronger club.It'd be a tragedy to let it go.Keep the faith.Its a great club with fantastic supporters.

told yesterday the potential new owner/ investors have great credentials in RL and experience of turning round struggling clubs. rumour is they want to work with existing management to secure the clubs future and put in a long term plan to grow the club organically and the help develop the game in north wales

exciting times for the Cru hopefully

Total speculation but I've heard there are 3 new owners looking to take the Club on.

Also heard that the Racecourse is a no-no -  far to costly for Crusaders given their current level of support so we will be at the Queensway from now on.

race has never felt like home and I cant see how a stadium like that could ever be affordable outside of super lge/ championship

time we found a real home and made it our home

race has never felt like home and I cant see how a stadium like that could ever be affordable outside of super lge/ championship

time we found a real home and made it our home

I've been going to the Racecourse for 48 years, but only watched rugby there since losing interest in football a few years ago and just don't feel at home there anymore. The Stereophonics concert was the last straw for me, the day before our home game with Coventry. It's been a good base for the Cru, but now we are leaving I don't think we should go back.

Queensway is far from ideal, but it's the only other stadium in town. It is also one of SEVEN  venues we have used for home games in five years. At least we will know where we are playing our home games next year.

For all the latest news on North Wales Crusaders, please click on the link below to the new club website.

https://www.nwcrusaders.co.uk/

told yesterday the potential new owner/ investors have great credentials in RL and experience of turning round struggling clubs. rumour is they want to work with existing management to secure the clubs future and put in a long term plan to grow the club organically and the help develop the game in north wales

exciting times for the Cru hopefully

I wonder if this was the real reason the fans forum was cancelled?

For all the latest news on North Wales Crusaders, please click on the link below to the new club website.

I've been going to the Racecourse for 48 years, but only watched rugby there for since losing interest in football a few years ago and just don't feel at home there anymore. The Stereophonics concert was the last straw for me, the day before our home game with Coventry. It's been a good base for the Cru, but now we are leaving I don't think we should go back.

Queensway is far from ideal, but it's the only other stadium in town. It is also one of SEVEN  venues we have used for home games in five years. At least we will know where we are playing our home games next year.

word on sunday was these rumoured investors are not just interested in the club they are willing to invest in the local community and Queensway to make it a genuine home at last for us, a place we can put down roots and grow from

while its not Wembley it would OUR HOME and not somewhere we are unwanted tenants

i hope so as t would be wise to keep negotiations behind closed doors till hopefully a satisfactory conclusion is reached

But the ONLY people to come forward offering finacial support when everything went t*ts up was the Supporters Club.  

I think the current board could have been more open with the Supporters about the direction the club was going - after all they were willing to ask for money when there was nobody else offering to help. A little trust goes an awful long way while secrecy builds walls not bridges.

But the ONLY people to come forward offering finacial support when everything went t*ts up was the Supporters Club.  

I think the current board could have been more open with the Supporters about the direction the club was going - after all they were willing to ask for money when there was nobody else offering to help. A little trust goes an awful long way while secrecy builds walls not bridges.

You are right, the one thing that's needed more than a home ground is communication. Ask anyone why they have stopped going over the last couple of years, and nearly all of them will say it's because they don't know what's going on.

A lack of communication is the kiss of death.I should know I'm an Oldham fan.Although this has changed recently by a fan who volunteers his time and is now part of the media team at the club.The website is now improved greatly. All thanks to him. Communication is key to having satisfied supporters who are kept in the loop.

Like the vast majority of fans, I don't know where these rumours come from, mystery investors coming in, mystery investors pulling out, I don't know who they are or even if they exist at all.

We have actually lost 200 investors this year, and another 200 last year. That's not a rumour, it's a fact. At the end of the day the only genuine investors this club has ever had are the fans.

It's looking like Rob Massam is Rochdale bound. Should imagine the likes of TJ and JW will join the exodus as well.

I wonder if Mark Croston will reignite his interest in the Cru. He was interested at the start of the season but was put off by the behind the scenes shenanigans. He's done a decent job with the Skolars and also has string links with the Chester Gladiators.

Archived