Retained ... Released .... Recruited... Rumour and opinion!

the old nine ole

Think we're forgetting

You could put an idiot in a formula 1 garage with every tool at his disposal, every diagnostic machine,every book,dvd,manual explaining how to assembly an engine together

But if your clueless and devoid

You won't fix the engine nor maintain it to its optimal performance.

Do we buy a whole new set of tools...or merely

Replace the ineffective operative.

Like I've said next season is going to be one of the hardest ever ;)

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think we're forgetting

You could put an idiot in a formula 1 garage with every tool at his disposal, every diagnostic machine,every book,dvd,manual explaining how to assembly an engine together

But if your clueless and devoid

You won't fix the engine nor maintain it to its optimal performance.

Do we buy a whole new set of tools...or merely

Replace the ineffective operative.

Like I've said next season is going to be one of the hardest ever ;)

Right so GM is on your release list!!!  Somehow I don't think that will happen unless he wants to go!!  hasn't he still got another year on his deal?

Right so GM is on your release list!!! Somehow I don't think that will happen unless he wants to go!! hasn't he still got another year on his deal?

3 years into the master plan

We Should have been adding a couple of quality players to a good strong talented squad of players.

Unfortunately none of the above apply

And we're looking at wholesale changes in personal

With a coach with a years shelf life.

Precarious situation to say the least ;)

To be fair to Morro though it's not his fault if clubs can offer more money is it? Poor boring performances you can blame the coach after 3 years, it's his team but it realy isn't glens fault if he can't keep his best players when clubs with more money coming sniffing/gambling

To be fair to Morro though it's not his fault if clubs can offer more money is it? Poor boring performances you can blame the coach after 3 years, it's his team but it realy isn't glens fault if he can't keep his best players when clubs with more money coming sniffing/gambling

If the players were happy with the situation

Maybe not as many would be jumping ship

It speaks volumes about a coach

When you've to have a large turnover of personal every 3 years.

Just feel were giving the captain of the titanic another ship

After sinking his first unsinkable one

That's all

Were going back to the philosophy of BSJ

Madness, doing the same thing over again,expecting a different conclusion.

Lemmings ;)

Who are the fax players getting released?

A few of these are guesses but Miles Greenwood has not been offered a contract. Richard Moore has also not been offered a contract and by all accounts signed for Batley a while back. Of the others I would guess at Tommy Saxton, Adam Robinson, possibles could be Jake Eccleston, Gavin Bennion, Gareth Potts. Im not expecting too many of the main first teamers to go but you never know.

We will get the level of players we can afford then it's up to GM to meld them together, hopefully we will go DR next season which means you can go with a smaller squad and use DR to plug the gaps. And we will save money from not running a reserve side. Both moves I don't like, but there's little point doing the right thing when no one else is.

At Presentation Night last season, Thackery told me he loved it at Dewsbury but Fev had made him an offer he couldn't refuse, esp with a young child.

hopefully we will go DR next season which means you can go with a smaller squad and use DR to plug the gaps.

Only if you say please WR ;)

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

The amount of money we can spend depends upon where we finish in the league.

Where we finish in the league depends upon how well the team play.

How well the team play depends upon.....................................................no it's not his fault at all.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

We will get the level of players we can afford then it's up to GM to meld them together, hopefully we will go DR next season which means you can go with a smaller squad and use DR to plug the gaps. And we will save money from not running a reserve side. Both moves I don't like, but there's little point doing the right thing when no one else is.

At Presentation Night last season, Thackery told me he loved it at Dewsbury but Fev had made him an offer he couldn't refuse, esp with a young child.

We are going DR next season, an agreement has already been reached.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

The amount of money we can spend depends upon where we finish in the league.

Where we finish in the league depends upon how well the team play.

How well the team play depends upon.....................................................no it's not his fault at all.

If you're getting hammered every week because of a poor squad then I think it's difficult to blame the coach. If you can win away at Bradford and Halifax and lose to Workington, Oldham etc then I think that's a different matter.

It shows we have a team that can compete at the top end but doesn't. Who's fault is that?

So we're patting ourselves for beating halifax

No wins in 6 games

We lost twice against the bottom team

Come on morrison chose the players,trained the players,picks the players,spends the budget

And it's not his fault??

The buck entirely stops at his doorstep

It's not anybody else's fault

So stop making excuses for him

IT'S HIS BLINKING FAULT FULL STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The way things are going with players asking the earth,and agents creaming off large amounts...

Within 3 seasons our budget will be purely and simply allocated to finish 10th or above

And a few other team's will have to cut their cloth accordingly too...or else

If we finish 8th this season

We'll be playing to finish 9th & above next season with toulouse in the league,and the season after will be Toronto, so will the budget be to finish 10th or above

The laws of s.o.d and probability and odds will dictate a relegation battle eventually.. And I really don't think morrison has the tenaciousness or the steel to pull us thru

Think there was a song in the Italian job (might have been when he was checking the new shirts out who knows)

Self preservation society

Where he snuggly sits in his board room ejector seat just in case he's to make a speedy exit if the brown stuff hits the fan

Think he should to a parody video of the song "it wasn't me"

I'm chuckling just thinking about him sing it now lol.

I hear and understand all the doom and gloom ....... but!!!!.... how did Batley go from relegation fodder to top 4 in one season ???  

The wonderful unpredictability of sport ..... thats why we all watch it!! So who knows we might get a couple of gems in the close season and be top 4 next year  .... yes of course pigs can fly  ( lets hope the steam pigs can ... one for us oldies!!  )

I hear and understand all the doom and gloom ....... but!!!!.... how did Batley go from relegation fodder to top 4 in one season ???

The wonderful unpredictability of sport ..... thats why we all watch it!! So who knows we might get a couple of gems in the close season and be top 4 next year .... yes of course pigs can fly ( lets hope the steam pigs can ... one for us oldies!! )

I'll have a bet with anybody that we don't finish top 4 next season.

Batley had a astute coach

We haven't

Batley added 3 quality players to their side in positions they lacked in.

We're rebuilding again after a lot of our quality players are playing chase the buck.

He needs to leave off the journey men and build a team,a unit.

I'd rather have a team of young local players trying their hearts out with pride in the shirt and not been good enough

Than a team who couldn't bring consistency to walking nevermind throwing the ball around the park for 80 minutes

Monday vs Bradford will be interesting.. I'm expecting a 50 point plus mauling..

And if the players crawl off the field and have given their all

I can ask no more, because everything was given

And that's what every fan only asks for

110% of enthusiasm and pride

:)

Archived