Retained ... Released .... Recruited... Rumour and opinion!

the old nine ole

Spot on there grumpy,Said Craven had no idea at fullback.That showed from the word go that GM was clueless as a coach and he's done nothing to change my mind since.

Funny that John Kear seemed to agree with him isn't it? Another rubbish coach no doubt.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Conroy

Glover

J Delaney

B Delaney

Murdanka

Lillycrop

Craven

Wright

Austin buchanan

I'm sure they'll be a couple of dozen more the ones with better memories will think of ;)

How many do you need before conceding the point

Morrison is clueless!!!

Maybe you should go to more games!

Buchanan was picked until he got injured and slowed down considerably.

Glover is signed on again for next season unless I'm mistaken. He wasn't being picked due to injury.

The rest weren't quite good enough.

Or would you prefer that they made up the backbone of our current squad?

We have signed players for next year that are an unknown quantity to most of us (cf Guzdek this time last year). With luck and good coaching/conditioning they will be assets to the club and hopefully will become favourites with the fans over the upcoming season. Or is everyone on here convinced that we are doomed from the start?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Kear talked the talk,and walked the walk

Meanwhile morrison has only talked about what's best for him and walked the walk of a 9 month old spending more time on his backside than upright with his head held high...

Painting pictures for the blind & confused ;)

Glover is signed on again for next season unless I'm mistaken. He wasn't betting picked due to injury.

We have signed players for next year that are an unknown quantity to most of us (cf Guzdek this time last year). With luck and good coaching/conditioning they will be assets to the club and hopefully will become favourites with the fans over the upcoming season. Or is everyone on here convinced that we are doomed from the start?

Even less next season

Until the clown leaves the circus ring ;)

Glover is signed on again for next season unless I'm mistaken. He wasn't betting picked due to injury.

Totally agree BSJ. I was talking to one of our players on Tuesday & he can't believe how negative some supporters are on here & writing us off even before the season as started. I know their is some on here that want Morrison out some even hating his guts,he'd not be my choice right now to lead us next year but he is so we've just got to get on with it & get behind all the player's that pull on a Rams shirt.

My memory might not be as good as your's WR, but as I remember it, Craven was the standout player the previous season before GM took charge, and attracted the attention of a number of other clubs. I often got the impression his signing was presented as a fait accompli to GM, which may explain his treatment of him. I seem to remember, he was made the scapegoat for a heavy defeat, in which the entire team performed abysmally, and subsequently dropped from the squad. He was of course eventually recalled (reluctantly it seemed) by GM and played in the unfamiliar role of winger. I doubt whether his move to Keighley was his preferred option, but it must have been obvious to the lad that he had no future under GM - effectively he was frozen out. This appears to have been a notable feature of the Morrison dynasty, with similar treatment being meted out to the likes of Godwin, the Delaneys, Muranka, Wright and of course Conroy. I have to admit that Craven's fade into obscurity might only be partly due to having the confidence knocked out of him by his shabby treatment at the Rams, but you have to wonder why he didn't have the same startling impact on the side delivered by GM's subsequent full back signings Grayston, Sherriffe and Fieldhouse. Where are they now by the way ?

Great analysis! Also maybe a reason for Craven not being at Keighley is the fact the money won't have been as good and the level was lower therefore opted to play more socially with his mates back at Thornhill?

A brief explanation for the positive brigade from the view point of the negative brigade

Never has a preseason recruitment of players been so underwhelming, our big to signings are both players we had last season..which the only consistency was inconsistency

After 3 seasons of a stalemate 6th place finish we had to endure a 8th place finish at a scrape,lack luster performance's week in,week out which when listening to radio leeds it was everybody else's fault we put in dire performance than the coaches fault..bloke needs to get on ebay and buy something called been humble..it might improve him..the new inexperienced coach get of jail free card is a little creased and torn & faded with over use.

We've missed Damien Gibson bigstyle and I do feel since he left we've been in a steady decline..for a coach who has had so much experience of bigger teams the choice of running without a conditioner last season his baffling.

This season top 6 is virtually impossible to reach so before kicking a ball were looking at 7th-8th finish.

After a few years under his guidance we shouldn't be in this position.

For me the Whitehaven at home performance was the final nail in the coffin..dire performance

So look forward to a nice post now of why we all should be so positive for the forth coming season.

Different points of view keep this forum alive

Kear talked the talk,and walked the walk

Meanwhile morrison has only talked about what's best for him and walked the walk of a 9 month old spending more time on his backside than upright with his head held high...

Painting pictures for the blind & confused ;)

Right is that the same Kear that Batley fans wanted gone the previous seasons when they only avoided relegation by inches .. and we beat them for fun!!  

and then they get a good no7 and everything changes!!!  

GM has his failings but nothing that couldn't be put right by a good No7 and a rampaging prop!!!   

. With luck and good coaching/conditioning they will be assets to the club and hopefully will become favourites with the fans over the upcoming season. Or is everyone on here convinced that we are doomed from the start?

Indeed BSJ but where you now seem to differ from many of those on here is that we don't believe good coaching is available to us.

Your shift over the last few months to defender of the dark master is admirable but as you will have noticed that with a few exceptions you are struggling to convince a whole load of us

I hope you are right as do all that post on here but as we keeping saying , GOR and I won't be disappointed atvseason end irrespective of the outcome

Totally agree BSJ. I was talking to one of our players on Tuesday & he can't believe how negative some supporters are on here & writing us off even before the season as started. I know their is some on here that want Morrison out some even hating his guts,he'd not be my choice right now to lead us next year but he is so we've just got to get on with it & get behind all the player's that pull on a Rams shirt.

If that's the case Graham, those players will be busting a gut to prove the know nowts wrong come Boxing day, so it's not a bad thing. Should we doubters be left with egg all over our faces at the end of 2017, not only will I be delighted, I'll buy the eggs. FWIW, I am as keen for GM to become the real deal as any of his most devoted disciples.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

If that's the case Graham, those players will be busting a gut to prove the know nowts wrong come Boxing day, so it's not a bad thing. Should we doubters be left with egg all over our faces at the end of 2017, not only will I be delighted, I'll buy the eggs. FWIW, I am as keen for GM to become the real deal as any of his most devoted disciples.

Reverse psychology

A powerful motivator for those ready to take up the challenge

Like you grumpy I'll be happy to be proved wrong ;)

4 seasons in I'm still right ;)

And in no danger of giving the title up yet :)

We have DR in place now, so should have some useful players available even though I disagree with DR. It's highly unlikely we will have as many injuries as last season. Grady is a big loss but we have Walshaw permanently now. Farrell is a loss but was at times a liability.

In a league with 4 full time teams spending far more than we have, reckon we will finish between 6th and 8th. The squad doesn't look much different to last season. I am sure GM would love to sign a top class half back, but there aren't that many about. At least we are not facing the problems like Halifax and Sheffield. This season should be better than the last.

And regarding players who have left, most haven't gone onto better things elsewhere and we are not privy to the off field events - who's missing training, disrupting the dressing room and who when dropped wants to stay and fight for a place or who takes their ball home etc.... But I still reckon Conroy was our best hooker last season.

Great analysis! Also maybe a reason for Craven not being at Keighley is the fact the money won't have been as good and the level was lower therefore opted to play more socially with his mates back at Thornhill?

You missed out Batley where he was dropped after numerous poor performances before going back to Thornhill. You knew this, of course.

Indeed BSJ but where you now seem to differ from many of those on here is that we don't believe good coaching is available to us.

Your shift over the last few months to defender of the dark master is admirable but as you will have noticed that with a few exceptions you are struggling to convince a whole load of us

I hope you are right as do all that post on here but as we keeping saying , GOR and I won't be disappointed atvseason end irrespective of the outcome

You misread me again Nick (and your use of the term "dark master" is letting yourself down don't you think?).

GM is our coach and I have been as critical of him last season as most, but always try to retain a sense of objectivity. What seems to be happening n this forum of late is that those who dislike (or should that be hate) GM are actually wishing for the team to fail simply so that they can be proven right. This is effectvely condemning every current Dewsbury player as being inadequate and ineffective before the season even gets underway. The players must be loving this.

If the haters get what they wish for then we will get relegated and you will be ale to gather together in your little group in the South Stand watching CC1 with another 400 hardy souls, saying "I told them so!".

Or might we be hopeful that some of the new recruits as well as established players, will blossom under our revitalised setup, conditioner and all and surprise us just a little. Naah, bitterness works best every time!

Reverse psychology

A powerful motivator for those ready to take up the challenge

Like you grumpy I'll be happy to be proved wrong ;)

4 seasons in I'm still right ;)

And in no danger of giving the title up yet :)

I'm sure that works for all of us doesn't it?

Get a bunch of keyboard warriors to post a constant stream of invective about you online will always help you to perform better. I wish I'd thought of that in my business days, it was clearly where I was going wrong.

Or might we be hopeful that some of the new recruits as well as established players, will blossom under our revitalised setup, conditioner and all and surprise us just a little. 

Good point BSJ

The conditioning coach might just be the most inspired signing we make ... just remember how many points we lost from winning positions last year .... and where we might have finished had the team been fitter!!  ... less injuries for a start!! ... and being able to compete for 80 mins ( remember Sheff away )

In my opinion the team isn't obviously stronger or weaker in terms of the squad ....  but extra fitness might give us an opportunity to improve ...  also in my opinion much of the inconsistency last year could be attributed to the difference in fitness between us and the opposition!!  ...   

If the haters get what they wish for then we will get relegated and you will be ale to gather together in your little group in the South Stand watching CC1 with another 400 hardy souls, saying "I told them so!".

Didn't the crowds increase last time you were in Championship 1?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

You missed out Batley where he was dropped after numerous poor performances before going back to Thornhill. You knew this, of course.

I did know this, but i saw it a little different. Batley had Johnny Campbell, Alex Brown, Ainscough, Reittie and Craven. You may be blind but 5 doesn't go into 3. And i'm not oblivious that Craven isn't as good as them but his treatment at Dewsbury most likely effected him and whenever he had a game he thought I could be dropped here.

Right is that the same Kear that Batley fans wanted gone the previous seasons when they only avoided relegation by inches .. and we beat them for fun!!

and then they get a good no7 and everything changes!!!

GM has his failings but nothing that couldn't be put right by a good No7 and a rampaging prop!!!

To be fair, it wasn't just Brambani who transformed us last year. We changed almost the entire spine of the team (7, 9 and 13). Walker and Davey played a big part in our resurgence last year too.

I think it is particularly telling, the reversal of fortunes Sheffield and Batley saw last season, it's no coincidence that we signed the spine of there team and suddenly we finished in the top 4 instead of them.

These guys changed my view of the game last season. I was always brought up being told "games are won and lost in the forwards".

The season before, when we just avoided relegation, the forwards were the same as this year and invariably won the forward battle. This year though, the difference was, we had the guile to close games out and turn the territory won by the forwards in to points.

All hail Mark Aston and his decision to take Sheffield full time.

To be fair, it wasn't just Brambani who transformed us last year. We changed almost the entire spine of the team (7, 9 and 13). Walker and Davey played a big part in our resurgence last year too.

I think it is particularly telling, the reversal of fortunes Sheffield and Batley saw last season, it's no coincidence that we signed the spine of there team and suddenly we finished in the top 4 instead of them.

These guys changed my view of the game last season. I was always brought up being told "games are won and lost in the forwards".

The season before, when we just avoided relegation, the forwards were the same as this year and invariably won the forward battle. This year though, the difference was, we had the guile to close games out and turn the territory won by the forwards in to points.

All hail Mark Aston and his decision to take Sheffield full time.

The point remains it is difficult to get a tune out of a guitar with no strings!! 

The point remains it is difficult to get a tune out of a guitar with no strings!! 

Good job he's playing to the tone deaf then init

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

In the same respects

No point having a full orchestra

When there's only one bloke blowing his own horn ;)

Whether Australian, French,or even Trevor ;)

That might buggles a few ;)

Archived