"Primitive" Scenes in PNG Raise Serious Concerns

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/wild-brawl-breaks-out-at-png-rugby-league-semi-final/news-story/fdff1883339e5ef19d499abf4b3da1da

Deplorable actions of the club officials and supporters. Rugby League has so much to be proud of in PNG, but this latest scene wI'll raise serious concerns about hosting WC fixtures there.

The RLIF would have no other option but to reconsider their decision to have PNG host players and international supporters during the WC for safety reasons if nothing else.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/wild-brawl-breaks-out-at-png-rugby-league-semi-final/news-story/fdff1883339e5ef19d499abf4b3da1da

Deplorable actions of the club officials and supporters. Rugby League has so much to be proud of in PNG, but this latest scene wI'll raise serious concerns about hosting WC fixtures there.

The RLIF would have no other option but to reconsider their decision to have PNG host players and international supporters during the WC for safety reasons if nothing else.

Did the RLIF reconsider England hosting games after the Hull pitch invasion at the McAlpine stadium in the early noughties

No it wasn't and neither should this be. Both one-offs

Sounds like heads will roll anyway in PNG

history will tell you LG this is far from a once off in PNG.

If you do not think the RLIF have any need to reconsider the safety of its fans and players against violent pitch invasions, then I think you need your head read as to what the priorities of the RLIF are.

How's the Aussie Rules World Cup looking?

We'll be fine - if anything the World Cup will be exactly the sort of event the game there can use to learn how much can be gained from organising high profile sporting events. It can't come soon enough.

How's the Aussie Rules World Cup looking?

We'll be fine - if anything the World Cup will be exactly the sort of event the game there can use to learn how much can be gained from organising high profile sporting events. It can't come soon enough.

EW, what on earth are you talking about? Not one piece of your post makes any sense.

Maybe think before you click "add reply"...

Many Australian companies that have interests in PNG do not send their Sales staff there because its one of the most dangerous places in the world.

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

Wild things have been happening in PNG for a long, long time mate. Very few people who've visited to play or as a fan have not had any 'uncomfortable' moments. Get Stan involved, it'll be right.

I understood it. Maybe the problem's yours!

to make sense, a post must be comprehensible to the discussion at hand. The first comments surrounding Aussie Rules makes no sense.

The second paragraph is not even coherent.

I don't know why you are jumping to EW defence...

I can assure you, the RLIF are right now reassessing the decision to host WC fixtures in PNG. Whether a decision is made to move them or not remains to be seen.

to make sense, a post must be comprehensible to the discussion at hand. The first comments surrounding Aussie Rules makes no sense.

The second paragraph is not even coherent.

I don't know why you are jumping to EW defence...

I can assure you, the RLIF are right now reassessing the decision to host WC fixtures in PNG. Whether a decision is made to move them or not remains to be seen.

The first relates to the motivation of the writer.

The second makes perfect sense. A bit of a struggle with its tortuous structure but for an advanced reader it would be fine.

You are making a new point in your final para. It will all be fine.

The first relates to the motivation of the writer.

The second makes perfect sense. A bit of a struggle with its tortuous structure but for an advanced reader it would be fine.

You are making a new point in your final para. It will all be fine.

I have not made any new point. I said the RLIF will be required to reassess and I am fully aware right now that that is exactly what is happening.

As for my motivation, my commitment to the sport of Rugby League from both grassroots to the international arena and all levels in between in both Australia and Europe is all anyone needs to know about my motivation. My interest in any other sport does not compromise my commitment to the fortunes of Rugby League.

As for it all being fine, well that remains to be seen. For once, I hope you are right.

Archived