Whitehaven Game

andyram

First of three games we should be good enough to win and putting Whitehaven out of their misery and saying hello to league one.

Should we stick with the team who played well against the Bulls or bring back the players available again ?

Rams 30-16 Whitehaven,attendance 732.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it's not broken

Don't fix it ;)

Why change a team when it's performed well ;)

Especially if we had no injuries

I think you might have discovered the secret art of coaching their Mr C. Still you have been watching a decent team quite a lot this season ;)

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

I think you might have discovered the secret art of coaching their Mr C. Still you have been watching a decent team quite a lot this season ;)

I couldn't do any worse lol

I bumped into tom lillycrop last night and had a natter

What a thoroughly lovely lad

Always been a fan and always will be now... Top bloke :)

Monday they played with enthusiasm.. And I think introducing players who were out thru their own discretions

Would be harsh on the other lads that played.

I wouldn't change a winning team, but I reckon WR is correct and we may see some returning to the side. Agree with Coolie, if it's not brok, don't mend it!

Yep, as long as the players aren't broke, and a couple of them are. Rob Spicer really shouldn't play in consecutive matches at present and Lucas Walshaw needs to get more used to the team structure in time for next season. I would prefer to give Donald another run out, in preference to Etu and Hemingway might be back in contention given Speakman's injury.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

My team for Whitehaven would ;

Guzdek

Morton

Crookes

Grady

Etu

Sykes

Kain

Stringer

Speakman

Trout

Hale

Walshaw

Brown

Subs

Glover

Teanby

T Adamson

Tonks

Pardon?

I think you'll find that Speakman can't play because of the concussion rules. Grady will only be picked if no-one else is available. All the rest would be fine with me but with the addition of Conroy if he is fit. Hemingway will be back in the equation too.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Why wouldn't Grady be picked?? If joining Halifax is the reason then fair enough but nobody can question his effort last week. If it's a case of not playing the leaving players then Farrell and Groat won't feature too?? I don't know the situation with Grady joining Halifax but clearly Morro wasn't happy on the radio the other week with the Halifax club

Why wouldn't Grady be picked?? If joining Halifax is the reason then fair enough but nobody can question his effort last week. If it's a case of not playing the leaving players then Farrell and Groat won't feature too?? I don't know the situation with Grady joining Halifax but clearly Morro wasn't happy on the radio the other week with the Halifax club

Grady has a long-standing shoulder injury. I understand that if it gets further injured whilst playing for us then the liability for medical treatment is ours, hence a reluctance to play him. It isn't that the club has fallen out with him, just a pragmatic stance. However, given the importance of this result to our place in the play-offs I might be completely wrong and he may be picked - who knows?

If we are as serious about the shield as GM says ..... then we must pick our strongest team available and should take Whitehaven very very seriously .......  there is no room for complacency in the camp!!

Squad just announced ... no Sykes, Speakman or Spicer!  So for me Glover at 6 ... Hemmingway and Conroy sharing 9 .. and Walshaw back in the pack ....  I would also prefer Eto to Donald K on the wing

Probably Donald  and Teanby .. left out .. although I would prefer to see Jack in the 17! 

A place in the shield final would be very welcome!!  ( Where is the final being played this year?)

If we are as serious about the shield as GM says ..... then we must pick our strongest team available and should take Whitehaven very very seriously ....... there is no room for complacency in the camp!!

Squad just announced ... no Sykes, Speakman or Spicer! So for me Glover at 6 ... Hemmingway and Conroy sharing 9 .. and Walshaw back in the pack .... I would also prefer Eto to Donald K on the wing

Probably Donald and Teanby .. left out .. although I would prefer to see Jack in the 17!

A place in the shield final would be very welcome!! ( Where is the final being played this year?)

Has Skyes been left out for Glover?? Maybe sign of the times for 2017.

Has Skyes been left out for Glover?? Maybe sign of the times for 2017.

As well as his suspension Sykes also went off injured at half time at Halifax so may still be carrying an injury. I reckon he would be in the centres if fit.

Thanks thats a great help!! .. so like me you have no idea!!!!

Lol I'd like to think they would rotate the finals.. But it is the rfl were talking about.

I would like to think that with the likelihood of a halifax vs Bradford final..Huddersfield would have been considered as a logical choice

Logic and the rfl are never good bedfellows.. As we know ;)

Lol I'd like to think they would rotate the finals.. But it is the rfl were talking about.

I would like to think that with the likelihood of a halifax vs Bradford final..Huddersfield would have been considered as a logical choice

Logic and the rfl are never good bedfellows.. As we know ;)

Cost and availability come into it. Widnes doesn't host a Championship soccer club for one. And venues need to be booked well in advance, not waiting to find out who has qualified.

I reckon they will switch it to the home of the highest placed team before long - less cost and probably a better gate.

Archived