03 Sept: Qualifiers: Hull KR v Leigh Centurions KO 3pm (TV)

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets hope the game is a cracker, been waiting excitedly for 2 weeks since the Salford game.

If Rovers win then another year playing the big boys beckon and Leigh may be reduced to qualifying for the final decider. With Leeds and Huddersfield yet to face they may just slip up.

A Leigh win and the cards are all up in the air, beat Huddersfield and SL beckons. Rovers then face London, Featherstone and Huddersfield....a challenge but could still place 3rd.

Being involved makes the Qualifiers an exciting concept to end the season but to continue we do need a Championship team to go up this or next year.

t

Very good but wrong....you know the word I censored began with an s and rhymed with bright!

Slight?

Doesn't make sense.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Lets hope the game is a cracker, been waiting excitedly for 2 weeks since the Salford game.

If Rovers win then another year playing the big boys beckon and Leigh may be reduced to qualifying for the final decider. With Leeds and Huddersfield yet to face they may just slip up.

A Leigh win and the cards are all up in the air, beat Huddersfield and SL beckons. Rovers then face London, Featherstone and Huddersfield....a challenge but could still place 3rd.

Being involved makes the Qualifiers an exciting concept to end the season but to continue we do need a Championship team to go up this or next year.

5 wins are key, to do that we must beat two SL teams and all championship, SL clubs need to beat just one SL club to get to the same mark assuming they beat all championship teams, love London to do Giants tonight to throw it wide open.

Back to this game, it's KRs to lose we have our season on the following two weeks, win them and it's party time

​The results so far have made the qualifiers much more interesting this season.

Realistically (as a Leigh fan) we cannot expect to win this game if KR play to their full potential.

That said we have a squad that will be competitive for the 80 minutes and let us just hope it is a cracker of a game.

The big problem for Leigh is Albert Kelly, quite simply put he is a class above anything they have had in opposition this season, and to compound matters he has just got a "go faster haircut". Seriously the squad Leigh have could live with any present SL team - 5 years ago, but this is now and therein could be their undoing, keeping up with the speed of the game, they need to slow it down and possibly could be a tad short of pace especially in the closing stages.

All that said let's hope we have a good close game, really looking forward to it.

On reflection having just seen the squad another minus for Leigh is the inclusion of Travis Burns, I'd sooner have 1st Degree Burns could be less painful!

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

I'm not sure who I want to win

I'm the same mate....

:whistle:

The big problem for Leigh is Albert Kelly, quite simply put he is a class above anything they have had in opposition this season, and to compound matters he has just got a "go faster haircut". Seriously the squad Leigh have could live with any present SL team - 5 years ago, but this is now and therein could be their undoing, keeping up with the speed of the game, they need to slow it down and possibly could be a tad short of pace especially in the closing stages.

All that said let's hope we have a good close game, really looking forward to it.

On reflection having just seen the squad another minus for Leigh is the inclusion of Travis Burns, I'd sooner have 1st Degree Burns could be less painful!

What makes you think Burns will make the 17? But if he does and scores the winning Try I`ll be having a toast for Burns Night ;)

We`re on a road to Nowhere.......................

The weather's been beautiful here in East Yorkshire this week but it looks like it's going to turn nasty just in time for the game. Heavy persistent rain is forecast for the duration. Could make things interesting.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Just setting off now!

HKR rightly strong favourites but on the day you never know what will happen.

Come on Leythers!

:blink: From Southampton?!?!

We'll put updates on here for you.

Anybody spot the plane I'm piloting?

Beats a few old sheets hanging off any road bridge.

Archived