re,branding.

roughyed1064

In any branding, re-branding, promotional, growth exercise you always start with............ objectives. So what could be the possible objectives in a name change?

Increase spectator Base? Well oldham and tameside roughyeds would do far better than Stalybridge, as would oldham and East Manchester roughyeds. Notice I kept oldham and roughyeds. A brand is more than a name, it's a belief, it's a history, it's something deep inside. It's why Dave Naylor does what he does despite living in the badlands. Now maybe those at celtic are looking for a piece of the brand as a requirement of our further use of bower fold or maybe it's just a bit of mischief making? I can only guess at. Dropping Oldham and roughyeds won't happen.

No chance of changing the name. The club would lose the remaining support in a heartbeat if it happened. Just because we aint playing in Oldham doesn't mean a name change to encompass other areas. Anything, if it happened that had Manchester anywhere near our name, that's me done. We are and will remain Oldham RLFC "The Roughyeds".

Well said 34,Oldham RLFC"The Roughyeds" now and forever. You've got more chance of standing in rocking horse poo than any name change. The reason we are at Bower Fold is that we needed a ground to play at and Stalybridge Celtic have been kind enough to let us play there.Finance may also come into play. I've loved our time at the Fold and providing we stay up I look forward to going back there next season. Cracking ground.The term "Roughyeds" isn't just Oldham rugby league it's Oldham the town and it's people.

Things at the football club are none too rosy at the moment.

They have made an abysmal start to the season and seem to be saddled with a squad who would struggle playing pub Sunday league football. After winning their first match, they have been well and truly hammered (sometimes by very poor opposition) in every game since and I'll be very surprised if they avoid relegation this season.

Their manager resigned a week or so ago, and the controversial appointment of a former goalkeeper who has (ahem) "history" with the Celtic fans will no doubt lead to a further decline in attendances (less than 400 there yesterday for a Saturday home game).

They will need Oldham's money badly next season, so perhaps it will be a good opportunity for CH to negotiate a better financial package for next season when the time comes.

Things at the football club are none too rosy at the moment.

They have made an abysmal start to the season and seem to be saddled with a squad who would struggle playing pub Sunday league football. After winning their first match, they have been well and truly hammered (sometimes by very poor opposition) in every game since and I'll be very surprised if they avoid relegation this season.

Their manager resigned a week or so ago, and the controversial appointment of a former goalkeeper who has (ahem) "history" with the Celtic fans will no doubt lead to a further decline in attendances (less than 400 there yesterday for a Saturday home game).

They will need Oldham's money badly next season, so perhaps it will be a good opportunity for CH to negotiate a better financial package for next season when the time comes.

I know it's not strictly an RL / ORLFC matter but what was the issue between Paul Phillips and the Celtic fans ?

There was an altercation between said player and one or two Celtic fans in the Droylsden social club after the local derby. There had been a flare thrown on the pitch and he had thrown it back into the crowd. Things came very close to fisticuffs and there were some very vociferous F's and C's flying about.

Quite a few Celtic fans are unlikely to forgive, I feel.

It was one in a series of nonsensical "up and downers" before, during and after Droylsden vs Stalybridge derbies.

There was an altercation between said player and one or two Celtic fans in the Droylsden social club after the local derby. There had been a flare thrown on the pitch and he had thrown it back into the crowd. Things came very close to fisticuffs and there were some very vociferous F's and C's flying about.

Quite a few Celtic fans are unlikely to forgive, I feel.

It was one in a series of nonsensical "up and downers" before, during and after Droylsden vs Stalybridge derbies.

Thanks Bryan.

Archived