Still not Safe

roughyed8

Points difference has taken a hammering as well.By my reckoning. Swinton -407, us -371 and Whitehaven -385. We've got swinton at home and dewsbury away. No ifs or buts can't lose next week. Whitehaven have us and swinton.

You have to look again

Swinton are at home to Halifax next week

You play Whitehaven next week so it's all up to you!

no ifs no buts do not insult us with excuses we have had 170 points scored against us in the last 3 games the game next week is the biggest since we where reformed.

Whitehaven come here after scoring 56 points today they are firing on all cylinders if we lose I believe we are going to need a big favour off swinton in their last match at Whitehaven to save us.

believe me we are in big trouble and we are still resigning players who have got us in this mess.

These middle three games in the Shield were always going to be tough.  I'm fed up because we let another potential win slip through our fingers today and the players must be kicking themselves.  

The more significant result today was that Whitehaven win, something that you'd say was unexpected.  Nevertheless it's left us with our destiny still in our own hands and would anyone wish to swap with Haven or Swinton and take their last two fixtures and points rather than keep our own?  

Next week we get to play the bottom team in the league on our home ground and a win will keep us up.  I'd have hoped for much better a few weeks ago but we can only work with what we've got and we'll have to settle for what we have.  Sure, Whitehaven think they have a lifeline now, but so did Worky a few weeks back and they're now toast.

Let's make it Jam on toast next week.  

Dave that's sensible, tough to take the loss today after being 18-8 up. Massive, unexpected result for Haven and hats off to them. Its in our hands now, one game at home to stay up. Those that care get to Bower Fold and support the lads in a massive game. Those that don't go but find it easy to critise, enjoy your gardening etc. Weird but I'm lookimg forward to next weekend, a game that shapes our destiny, one chance to prove we can win when it matters. Together we can do this, unfortunately this messageboard sometimes proves the people who want us to fail. If we beat Haven next week it won't be good enough because of blah blah......., remember we are all supposed to be Roughyeds and care about this club. Stop the bitching and get behind them next week in a huge game for the future of the club. Up the Yeds! OTID

It's still in our hands and that's the important thing. Personally I have no idea what kind of team Dewsbury put out today but we can only hope,if it comes to it, that they capitulate at home to us too,.

The bottom line is we have Haven at home next week, we have a decent record at home, especially against the other teams who have been battling it out in the bottom 4 all season. We win, we stay up....Simple. If someone had said to us at the start of the season that we would have had Whitehaven at home to stay up we'd have taken it.

Can't wait.

the league finished weeks ago and haven did finish bottom of the league. So technically oldham do play the club that finished bottom of the league next week.

get over it kid the league finishes after 30 games did you go sheffield today never saw you at scotch corner and today was crazy our forwards smashed dewsburys only a dion solo try was scored from the backs hopefully same again next week they where unstoppable

How on earth did they beat Dewsbury by that margin today? Swinton must be extremely worried as a defeat to Halifax next week and if we lost to Haven but beat Dewsbury and they would go down on inferior goal difference if they lost away to Haven on the last day of the season. Very intriguing!

they beat fev by a ridiculous scoreline a year or 2 ago as well which ultimately kept them up. Hopefully its not the same this year and you send them packing next week.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Archived