Whitehaven at Bower Fold

TOSH1960

Well folks I don't know about you but I can't wait for Sundays tough game against Whitehaven. It's certainly a biggy for both sides and hopefully the Yeds will confirm their place in the Championship for another season. Let's get there in numbers to back the lads. 

Referee: T Crashley
Touch Judges: D Sharpe P Graham
Reserve Referee: C Worsley
M Com: D Hayes
Time Keeper: I OLLERTON

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well we now hit the biggest game of the season and maybe the clubs future this weekend. I will still back these lads 100%, let's turn Bower Fold into a Roughyeds fortress this week, Haven will be up for it don't worry about that, but I believe in this club and these players. We stand as one, we are Oldham RLFC, sing till we have no voice, moan and groan as we do,follow this great club wherever we go, we do it for one reason.... That reason is we love this club,unconditionally, good times,bad times, we will always stand and be proud to be a Roughyed. Our destiny awaits this weekend.Together we can do this. OTID. Up the Yeds!

PS. Hope Mr Crashley has a better game than the Sheffield experience!

It's a funny old situation isn't it.  Workington were the perceived threat a few weeks ago and now a few points gained and lost in recent games has seen Town fall away to be replaced by their close neighbours.  

Workington came to Bower Fold for the first Shield game brimming with confidence having pulled off the win against us two weeks previously.  Their fans were equally confident and were cock-sure of themselves to pull off a second win in a row and pull away to safety.  It didn't happen and we sent them packing.

The Haven fans are displaying an eagerness to believe that they can continue their winning run but they only have to look at what happened to them last year in the latter stages of the competition.  They beat Dewsbury away (!) in round three before losing at home to Hunslet and then being nilled at Batley who ran in 50 points against them.   Up one week, down the next.  Fortunately for Haven,  Hunslet's campaign fizzled out and they were relegated four points adrift of the relieved Cumbrians.   

It goes to show how this silly season part of year can throw up some unusual results with some teams having things to fight for and others seemingly treading water. Sunday's game will be played out in the players' minds as much as it is on the field of play.  It's a case of finding an edge to make a difference and the number of vocal Roughyed fans in attendance could really give the players the fillip they need.  The plea Bring a mate needs to be heeded and I have seen people on Facebook trying to prise fans out of their armchairs or gardens to rally to the cause.

We've already beaten Haven at home this season but the Oldham team on Sunday will be different to the one that came back from 12-0 down to win comfortably on that day.   Out will be Richard Lepori, Sam Wood, Kruise Leeming, Craig Briscoe, Sam Gee and Lewis Foster.  They could be replaced by the likes of Dave Hewitt, Jack Spencer, Jack Blagbrough, Scott Turner, Kenny Hughes and Lewis Palfrey, all of whom didn't feature last time around.  

I'm happy that the players and coaching staff have the passion and desire to claim our place in next year's Championship with a game to spare.  I want to reflect favourably on a roller coaster season and spend the winter break plotting how we can improve on our 9th or 10th placed finish.

It's just another league game against a lower placed team.  Let's just beat them and move on!

Haven win by 20pts our pack is bigger faster stronger than Oldhams then you have Dion & Jessie joe in top form. Should be a good following 2 buses + cars looking forward to it.

hope your right marra last time I went down we had the bigger pack then but there's was faster that's what won them the game

Interesting to see on the Whitehaven club website, that a collection is being made amongst club officials and fans, as an extra incentive for their team to win on Sunday. Well, I know money matters, but players should always do their best for the club and fans once they have signed their contracts. Knowing the spirit that exists amongst the Oldham squad and backroom team, our lads will go out on Sunday and do just that, playing with pride for everyone concerned with Oldham RLFC as well as themselves, just as they did to achieve Championship status.

COME ON YOU 'YEDS :biggrin:

Haven win by 20pts our pack is bigger faster stronger than Oldhams then you have Dion & Jessie joe in top form. Should be a good following 2 buses + cars looking forward to it.

chappy

Marvelous how you can come on here blowing your trumpets but can't be bothered to make comments on your own

clubs forum

chappy

Bold prediction that Havenfan10, your so called superior pack got run ragged last time at Bower Fold. I don't think there will be too many points in it, just hope its a good match with a good atmosphere. I can see your lads coming out all guns blazing in the first 20 and if we weather the storm then I fancy we will pinch it, but who knows, games can change in the blink of an eye. Safe journey down to you all. Lets hope its a cracker.

Marvelous how you can come on here blowing your trumpets but can't be bothered to make comments on your own

clubs forum

we don't use this forum marra got our own havenfans.co.uk it's a lot busier than any of the champ forums on here you wanna join it

Just win this game. We really dont deserve to go down. Worky and Whitehaven have had their chance in this league and done nothing with it. Its our turn now.

If we start strongly I think we will win. Too many games this season we have started in a poor fashion and then worked our way into the game but ran out of time chasing the game. Start quick, get in front and make them nervous.

Hope Langers and Thompson are fit and Grimmer is back at centre with Chisholm on the wing we wont be far away from our best team.

Come on Oldham

Look,we have know idea what will happen. All we can do is get plenty of roughyeds support for the boys on Sunday. Let the team know we are behind them 10000000000% and make the Fold as hostile as we can for Haven.I'm sure we're in for a cracker of a game.Fingers crossed we get the result that we all want.

Well we now hit the biggest game of the season and maybe the clubs future this weekend. I will still back these lads 100%, let's turn Bower Fold into a Roughyeds fortress this week, Haven will be up for it don't worry about that, but I believe in this club and these players. We stand as one, we are Oldham RLFC, sing till we have no voice, moan and groan as we do,follow this great club wherever we go, we do it for one reason.... That reason is we love this club,unconditionally, good times,bad times, we will always stand and be proud to be a Roughyed. Our destiny awaits this weekend.Together we can do this. OTID. Up the Yeds!

PS. Hope Mr Crashley has a better game than the Sheffield experience!

To be honest I think all of us supporters ( me Swinton) Oldham and Haven have the same feelings and passion for our respective clubs and that is what unites us all - good luck to all concerned and maybe a bit more luck for Swinton.........

Archived