Whitehaven at Bower Fold

TOSH1960

Stats

Turner- 2 tackles. 3 clean breaks. one offload. 11 tackle busts. 28 carries 294m

Clay- 2 tackles. one clean break. 9 tackle busts. 22 carries 183m

Grimshaw- 12 tackles. one tackle bust. 3 carries 10m

Gill- 22 tackles. 3 misses. 6 carries 39m

Chisholm- 15 tackles. one miss. one clean break. 12 carries 112m

Palfrey- 31 tackles. 3 misses. one tackle bust. two try assists. 2 carries 15m

Hewitt- 9 tackles.one miss. 1 carry 8m

Joy-27 tackles. two tackle busts. one clean break. 13 carries 98m

Owen-21 tackles. one tackle bust. one try assist. 5 carries 21m

Dickinson- 25 tackles. one tackle bust. 15 carries 124m

Middlehurst- 35 tackles. 2 misses. one offload. 4 tackle busts. 30 carries 249m

Langtree- 49 tackles. 3 misses. one offload. 2 tackle busts. 8 carries 70m

Thompson- 26 tackles. one miss. 12 carries 82m

Spencer- 21 tackles. one miss. one tackle bust. one offload. 10 carries 91m

Burke- 19 tackles. one offload. one tackle bust. one clean break. 15 carries 122m

Hughes- 41 tackles. 3 misses. 2 offloads. 3 tackle busts. 8 carries 73m

Ward-28 tackles. one miss. one offload. two tackle busts. 15 carries 83m

Turner , Clay and Middlehurst were truly outstanding. Not bad efforts from Hughes and especially Langtree on one leg in defence.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have waited until things have calmed down a bit before putting this on the forum but here goes. I met some really nice people from Whitehaven on Sunday , rugby League fans through and through. In terms of who won I was pleased it was us but it saddened me to see such nice loyal supporters having to travel a long way home having been relegated. I am so sorry for teams like Whitehaven and Workington et al because they are the bread and butter of rugby league and it pains me to see French teams being gifted a way into Super League while the real rugby people of this world are being denied. I wish the supporters and the teams from all of these clubs all the very best and I look forward to seeing you all again in the higher division and hopefully seeing off the French and the Canadians though the way the RFL works I am not holding my breath. Good luck Workington and Whitehaven and all the other bread and butter clubs of this great game of ours.

Archived