Haven players

The Voodooguru

Heard a crack at work this morning that the Haven board are collecting money off the fans to give to players as extra incentive to win on Sunday!

Should players really need an extra incentive directly from the supporters on top of their wages to perform? I understand how much it means to the club etc and they now have a very good chance of stopping up, but it isn't a very good reflection on the players characters if the board don't believe they will give 100% for the shirt unless the fans top the wages up. Or am I missing summat?

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep its true they've got a thread on it on their forum. So far they've collected £525 but £400 of that came from the board members. Works out at £29 each across an 18 man travelling squad, "a massive incentive" according to Haircut100.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

I'm pleased to see there are some posts on their forum this week. There was virtually none all last week leading up to the rams game and not even a prediction thread for it. Stay up for what? Another season of borrowing players from widnes and fighting relegation in a league they aren't good enough for.

Ive never seen that before. Shouldnt a professional players wage and pride be all the motivation they need to put an effort in every week! Do fans get a refund from the games where theyve been poor and left themselves in this position?

The problem both clubs face is how do you break the current cycle.

Play in the championship

Attract 700 crowds

Rely on players out of county while overlooking the local amateur scene

Win very few games

Repeat the season after

If the fresh investment is willing to put money into the club then these could be exciting times for Town

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

stay up for what ? they have money shortages , the widnes players they are dependent on will probably have new clubs next season and nearer to home as they obviously arent in widnes's plans and they have lost 2 of their travelling players  already whilst missing their best 2 young locals out of the squad for weeks now and more than likely for the rest of the campaign unless they lose this weekend, also rumours they are losing a main sponsor and have a thread bare BD , staying up could be their demise just as it might well have been Towns .

After watching some highlights from the Dewsbury game Haven were brilliant in every department, tackling attack and commitment, something has changed, a team cant just change its performances like that, or can they????

After watching some highlights from the Dewsbury game Haven were brilliant in every department, tackling attack and commitment, something has changed, a team cant just change its performances like that, or can they????

if haven were as good as that 2nd half suggests they wouldn't be in a relegation battle and would have been safe weeks ago. A win a win but if you read the rams fans comments it says it all about sundays 2nd half. A bizzare result to say the least.

After watching some highlights from the Dewsbury game Haven were brilliant in every department, tackling attack and commitment, something has changed, a team cant just change its performances like that, or can they????

Their transformation seems to coincide with giving Coyle the boot.Makes you wonder what we might have achieved without the coaching strait jacket we have been playing in all season ? The new investors and their financial input means we would have been better placed to kick on in the Championship if we had avoided relegation. As it is we now have to climb out of the basement in a competition rigged by the R.F.L.  

Their transformation seems to coincide with giving Coyle the boot.Makes you wonder what we might have achieved without the coaching strait jacket we have been playing in all season ? The new investors and their financial input means we would have been better placed to kick on in the Championship if we had avoided relegation. As it is we now have to climb out of the basement in a competition rigged by the R.F.L.

I agree since giving Coyles the elbow they have won 2 of their last 3 games including beating us on our own ground.

If we both go down its gonna be hard to come right back up there's no way either of us could afford to keep the same players on the same contracts you lot will be 100k down right away we'll be 75k down I can't see directors off either club covering that amount of cash

If we both go down its gonna be hard to come right back up there's no way either of us could afford to keep the same players on the same contracts you lot will be 100k down right away we'll be 75k down I can't see directors off either club covering that amount of cash

how do you come to them figures donald?

Yes they are but we'll still be 100k and 75k down we both struggled with money this year next will be harder you can't make a bigger wage bill on money losses like that and between 6-800 crowds

true but then again it depends on whos running the clubs next season as to what gets spent

Donald you havent taken into account that town have already moved on from 2 of the biggest money drainers these past 2 seasons and they are back in Oz there is only sammut on very high pay left and will he still be here ? given that the vast majority of towns players live and work here locally I think its haven with a much bigger problem marra  ,Towns new investers along with other sponsors and the 75 k might not be too much different of a budget , they arent called investors for nothing , they must be willing to stump up a certain amount to improve the club 

That's right but if your players had to take a 30% pay cut with 175k off the rfl the new directors would have to stump up at least 150k of the own cash to cover shortfall good luck if they do personally I reckon we both go down we'll both have 3 to 5 year business plans to come back up

if its right town are retaining jarrod sammut next season that says to me they have no intention of sitting in C1 for 3 to 5 years marra.

Archived