Statement From The Club

Dave Naylor

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Five new (five & seven a side) football pitches complete with a single roller skating area, additional car parking and a new building (527.5 square metres) housing 4 changing rooms, 1 Gymnasium, Referee's changing room, plus boiler-house.

This is the content of the first planning application.

Sound like Avro's have access to funding for a I-pitch, but nowhere to put it.  We have no access to decent funding but we have space for a pitch.  Avro's get the lease, build an i-pitch for training etc, we get to play there along with community teams?  Council throws in a few quid to boost the community angle?

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Five new (five & seven a side) football pitches complete with a single roller skating area, additional car parking and a new building (527.5 square metres) housing 4 changing rooms, 1 Gymnasium, Referee's changing room, plus boiler-house.[/

That application is an old one put in1998 and withdrawn in 1999.

There should be significant funds coming with a tie up with AVRO FC as they have surrendered their lease as the Lancaster Club on Broadway which has been sold for housing.

They were supposedly taking over some disused playing fields in Limeside, behind Holinwood cemetery I think, which the council were going to improve with changing rooms and clubhouse for them.

post-31353-0-05901900-1473523906_thumb.png

I am a little confused why would whitebank be any use to avro afc they a big club house the Lancaster club and 4 football pitches saleable value about 12 million pounds was not this site going be the new Oldham athletic ground.

it could not be could it that Oldham council have offered a swop deal with avro afc to build them a ground at white bank with a all weather football pitch lets say at a cost of 3 million pounds so Oldham council make a profit of over 9 million pounds.

I believe there will be a covenant on the broadway site but knowing what happened to the joseph platt memorial field now morrisons it should not be a problem.

this does not bode well for Oldham roughyeds I do not think that ch will have a say in this just a thought.

I am a little confused why would whitebank be any use to avro afc they a big club house the Lancaster club and 4 football pitches saleable value about 12 million pounds was not this site going be the new Oldham athletic ground.it could not be could it that Oldham council have offered a swop deal with avro afc to build them a ground at white bank with a all weather football pitch lets say at a cost of 3 million pounds so Oldham council make a profit of over 9 million pounds.I believe there will be a covenant on the broadway site but knowing what happened to the joseph platt memorial field now morrisons it should not be a problem.this does not bode well for Oldham roughyeds I do not think that ch will have a say in this just a thought.

The whole site at the Lancaster club has been sold for housing, the club itself is a listed building so is going to be converted to apartments, don't think any of the land belonged to AVRO FC as it was all part of British Aerospace sports and social club, if I remember correctly Oldham MBC bought it from the Latics after the collapse of the stadium project five or six years ago.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-14371880

http://www.oldham.gov.uk/press/article/677/council_unveils_garden_suburb_vision_for_lancaster_club_site

I am talking about a covenant for avros afc to be rehoused aka hollinwood rlfc why are they talking about this site where is that sort of money coming from.

Planning permission was applied for for disused playing fields at Higher Lime Road Limeside, to be developed as replacement pitches and clubhouse for AVRO FC.

http://committees.oldham.gov.uk/documents/s65747/PA33770215%20-%20Land%20at%20Higher%20Lime%20Playing%20Fields%20Oldham.pdf"]http://committees.oldham.gov.uk/documents/s65747/PA33770215%20-%20Land%20at%20Higher%20Lime%20Playing%20Fields%20Oldham.pdf

post-31353-0-78469900-1473536403_thumb.png

Oldham council paid £5.7m for the site in 2011 so I am sure they will be getting considerably more for the 8.1 hectares of prime building land a couple of miles outside the city centre.

None of it makes sense to me..

Plus the amount of money avro will have access to via the FA means,to me at least,we'll be bit part players in all this..

Im kinda not liking this the more i think about it..i need to see the actually planning docs i think

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

So the Council have breached a covenant on Lancaster club that means Avro are homeless?

So if thats the case...unless they find Avro a home of equal standard they will find themselves in court AND unable to sell or develop Lancaster club until judicial review is over.

The council's solution is to take Whitebank off us and maybe buy the rest of the site off the other freeholder. They can then submit a planning application to make the facilities the same as Lancaster club, then give it Avro as the long term leaseholder.

I doubt we had any say in the matter. Because I doubt we are up to date with our rent or the maintenance agreements on the site.

The club's answer is to come to an agreement with Avro, which I suspect may have been partly brokered by the council and rfl, as a subsidiary tenant.

So the Council have breached a covenant on Lancaster club that means Avro are homeless?

So if thats the case...unless they find Avro a home of equal standard they will find themselves in court AND unable to sell or develop Lancaster club until judicial review is over.

The council's solution is to take Whitebank off us and maybe buy the rest of the site off the other freeholder. They can then submit a planning application to make the facilities the same as Lancaster club, then give it Avro as the long term leaseholder.

I doubt we had any say in the matter. Because I doubt we are up to date with our rent or the maintenance agreements on the site.

The club's answer is to come to an agreement with Avro, which I suspect may have been partly brokered by the council and rfl, as a subsidiary tenant.

We've been screwed again haven't we?

OLDHAM RLFC

Not sure if there is a covenant on the Lancaster club sports pitches, if there had been then BAe would not have been able to sell it to Latics in the first place. The Clubhouse itself is Grade 2 listed and in the planning is to be converted to apartments.

The main reason this Latics stadium plans fell through was the covenant on the Memorial Park next to the Lancaster club which was needed as part of the stadium construction.

If we aren't equal partners then whats the point?

Also how the hell does a amateur football club in the 11th tier of english football have more clout than a 2nd tier semi pro RL club in a town with a rich history of RL and that still produce top class & world class players???

Baffles the out of me that

OLDHAM RLFC

Has it actually been said that AVRO are the main tenant. A most likely scenario is Roughyeds give up he lease of Whitebank to the council. AVRO are invited to share the venue, if they give up their current venue to the council for development, then grants can be applied for as a multi sport facility, which would have more chance of securing funding, than a single use stadium would.

As ever, we will only know when the full details are released. But my guess is, we and AVRO will be joint tenants and the council will be the landlords.

Has it actually been said that AVRO are the main tenant. A most likely scenario is Roughyeds give up he lease of Whitebank to the council. AVRO are invited to share the venue, if they give up their current venue to the council for development, then grants can be applied for as a multi sport facility, which would have more chance of securing funding, than a single use stadium would.

As ever, we will only know when the full details are released. But my guess is, we and AVRO will be joint tenants and the council will be the landlords.

That's a similar set up to Widnes. When the new stadium was built, to replace the old Naughton Park, the borough council took it over and now own it. This allowed different lottery fundings to be obtained for things.like the east stand, to go towards the huge facility under the west stand, which is now a regional table tennis centre and doubles as a fancy wedding venue, plus other community facilities like amateur boxing etc.

widnes rent the pitch from the council for matches and training, but the council also hire out to Liverpool ladies fc, everton ladies fc and widnes fc, as well as the international drum corps and other events.

so it's a way of the council to be able to apply for and get lottery funding and then for the club's amd community to benefit from the facilities, so in theory (at least in widnes) it's a win win situation

That's a similar set up to Widnes. When the new stadium was built, to replace the old Naughton Park, the borough council took it over and now own it. This allowed different lottery fundings to be obtained for things.like the east stand, to go towards the huge facility under the west stand, which is now a regional table tennis centre and doubles as a fancy wedding venue, plus other community facilities like amateur boxing etc.

widnes rent the pitch from the council for matches and training, but the council also hire out to Liverpool ladies fc, everton ladies fc and widnes fc, as well as the international drum corps and other events.

so it's a way of the council to be able to apply for and get lottery funding and then for the club's amd community to benefit from the facilities, so in theory (at least in widnes) it's a win win situation

Archived