Statement From The Club

Dave Naylor

When Hunslet lost parkside all them years ago they did the nomadic thing but eventually the South Leeds stadiums kicked in.Hunslet won't be awash with money and the sports centre won't be raking it in.Yet there it stands for the community.I hate galleries etc,but pay for them.Its the way of the world.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a council that built a clock in the market place that didn't last 10 minutes built a musical water fountain outside the up steps wasting thousands . They are also spending millions helping a cinema chain to come to the town and millions bringing a big snoop to mumps. Oldham rugby will be here when they have pulled out .I am sure there many other examples of waste at the town hall.I forgot to mention the help they seam to give the latics every few years.

Fair point.

remember going to Station Rd in the 60s as 7 year old.Always on good Friday after the standard cup.3 buses or on the train .Swinton Always tatered us.

We should get a bet on .Which club ends up in a community stadium within its borough first I am betting Swinton.

Can't see us being equal partners in this development as we don't really bring much to the table, so tenants yet again! Playing 2nd fiddle to an amateur football club (no offence) just about sums the state of this club up. Despite Whitebank not being ideal, at least it was a training base and location for the club to operate out of, and also a backup if we ever get relegated. Only time will tell if we benefit from this arrangement or whether Hamilton will eventually rub Avro up the wrong way (or not pay the rent) and we get kicked out of Whitebank!

In reference to comments about the high level of debt, I seem to recall the council negotiating a sub lease as it didn't own the whole ground........this might be the reason why the rent is higher than you'd imagine for Whitebank as the Council are purely passing on the cost of the rent they have to pay the other owner. Therefore, by not recovering the rent, the Council is out of pocket.

Let's hope CH develops some people skills and we get a good long term partnership with Avro as in the long run, if they have significant funds to develop the ground it can only be positive news, especially if they are looking to move up the football pyramid. It might therefore be sooner than you think before we go back to Whitebank if it meets Championship standards (unlikely ever to be SL standards, however, whilst CH is in SOLE charge, SL is a pipe dream anyway).

Archived