Sheffield sell-off

phildog

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah Aston is related to his dad and Yere past his best for a club with hopes of a top four finish. Blackmore is OK and I'd have Knowles and perhaps Mexico just coz I like his name!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Only ones I'd fancy from what I have seen of them this year are Gary Lo the winger. I thought he was there best player at our place. Possibly Blackmore or QLT, but both QLT and Yere are past it imo, I would be interested to see if Blackmore has stopped throwing the suicidal offloads inside his own 10 meters. Aston is a bit similar to Brambani, I'd rather see us sign a different type of half back as a foil for what we have, one with pace, a Thackeray, Sammutt, Tomlinsonesque sort, who can take the line on and break it. But they are a bit like good strike centres, not many about and tend to demand top money. Imo We have the organisation and kicking covered with Walker and Brambani. Maybe Carlisle could give us an option at 9 as we only have 40 hookers signed up for next season so far ;-)

There are plenty of Sheffield players I'd take. They've still got some very talented individuals, regardless of results. It must have been utterly demoralising for them to play under a financial cloud all season, and on a park pitch. It was obvious that something wasn't right there even at the start of 2016.

What I'm looking for is someone who can contribute to what England has given to the world: culture, sophistication, genius. A little bit more than an 'ot dog, know what I mean?

Sure Disco has someone in mind and lined up who will work better for him and us than Sammut. All about the team not one individual.

very true, but I'd love to see Sammut and Brambani as a hb pairing, can't see us shelling out the sort of money Sammut would want though.

Sammut is a very talented lad. I'd be delighted if we signed him, but as fans we have to be realistic in terms of the need to keep our finances stable. Walker has been excellent at 6 for us over the latter part of the season, but I'd still prefer a younger player with pace in that position. Good stand-offs are in ridiculously short supply, though.

What I'm looking for is someone who can contribute to what England has given to the world: culture, sophistication, genius. A little bit more than an 'ot dog, know what I mean?

Archived