ABSOLUTELY B****Y BRILLIANT - HORNETS CHAMPIONS !

glemiln

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brilliant. Well done Hornets,a fantastic result,and as somebody on here has already said,a victory for the old establishment over expansionist dreamers. But this goes further than just the result,it is a tremendous achievement for everyone at the club,from top to bottom. Obviously a big well done to the directors for appointing Alan Kilshaw and to the man himself,from a Hornets supporter of over fifty years,now living in Rugby League dream world,thank you mate for putting Rochdale Hornets back where we belong.

Everyone  involved at/with Hornets take a huge accolade for today's effort against all the odds.

Thank goodness we do not have to play again next week after all the injuries received in this momentous occasion for the club and supporters.

Nothing but contempt for those so-called Toulouse supporters who booed after one of our players was laid flat out by a high shot that should have been red carded. Similarly, when Jono Smith was elbowed in the face with a bloody mess to leave the field.

Good luck to York in the next semi-final.

Yep, just about sums it up. I thought the ref did ok but chickened out giving Bentley a red card plus a yellow for Planas. One Hornets player too should have seen yellow for a dangerous tackle ( didn't see his number - was it Bloomfield or Galbraith on the right ?). i think the ref bottled it fearing the crowd reaction.

The Toulouse fans were booing what they saw as players going down and feigning injury to waste time just like the last meeting though this time the Hornets players really were injured !

Brilliant from Rochdale and good luck to them next season.

Fantastic win, dont know what contract Alan Kilshaws got but i would definitely try to expand it.Well done to all players staff and supporters.York have done us all season so its no given result next week for Toulouse.Great weekend for the town with Mayfield having a great win also

After reading the match report on Rochdale Online I am even more proud of the teams achievement.

The overcome a hostile team, home fans and a referee who was giving them no protection within the laws of the game.

To those few fans who were at the match I envy you. Everyone must have been so proud.

I just hope that the town now gives the players and management team some form of recognition.

God I wish that I had been there. Well done guys for putting your bodies on the line.

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

Fantastic win, dont know what contract Alan Kilshaws got but i would definitely try to expand it.

I thought it was 2yrs, but I agree it should be extended if possible - it was some achievement in one season.

Hopefully, another season to bed-into the Championship and then more to consolidate.

Seasoned clubs, two more ex- Super League and two nearest and dearest- great and tough challenges to look forward to - the squad for 2017 will be interesting.

Hope the town get behind the club and through the turnstiles.

Still beaming after yesterday's great performance.

Rained :imsohappy: on the Toulouse parade and perhaps now one for the team?

If there is anyone out there who still doubts that Hornets is a place where all things are possible;

Who still wonders if the dream of our founders is alive in our time;

Who still questions the power of belief, yesterday was your answer.

RUGBY LEAGUE WITHOUT ROCHDALE HORNETS IS LIKE AN UNSHARPENED PENCIL, THERES NO POINT?

Do all the lads who have played a certain number of matches this season get a medal or it is it just the team that played on the day? If the latter I  feel sorry for some of the lads who have made a massive contribution during the season such as Jordan Case who was unfortunately suspended.

Do all the lads who have played a certain number of matches this season get a medal or it is it just the team that played on the day? If the latter I  feel sorry for some of the lads who have made a massive contribution during the season such as Jordan Case who was unfortunately suspended.

I feel that the likes of Wayne English should also be included

RUGBY LEAGUE WITHOUT ROCHDALE HORNETS IS LIKE AN UNSHARPENED PENCIL, THERES NO POINT?

Totally agree

A great achievement from everyone involved at the club, but surely there must be some form of recognition from the RFL to all the players involved throughout the season. Not everyone could play in the grand final or make the trip due to where it was played, all be it the travelling 17 won the final there are other players who contributed throughout the whole season. But I'm quite sure all the players and staff would be grateful of the achievement in its self and that is just reward.

Congratulations on a magnificent result yesterday. It sounds like you were out on your knees at the end.Hope that we can turn Toulouse over next weekend and end the season on a high after what the players and coaches have gone through the last few weeks.

I was always hopeful we would beat Toulouse but in all honesty I really didn't think we could do it . What a wonderful feeling to hear the winning score , a very emotional time which I know all Hornets fans will have felt .

The win against Oldham at Leigh to be promoted was special but to go all the way over to France and triumph without the hardy fans who have been behind the lads this season was wonderful .

Well done to the players , coaches , back room staff and all the supporters of Hornets , we may not have a lot of success but boy when we do , it feels so good .

Also many thanks to all comments on here from other clubs congratulating us , what a wonderful family we are in Rugby League .

Their coach doesn't seem very gracious in defeat.

Sylvain Houlès (entraîneur de Toulouse) : «Voilà, c'était le match à ne pas perdre. Mais Rochdale nous a mis à son niveau (sic). Notre jeu est basé sur la vitesse et les enchaînements mais nous nous sommes mis à leur rythme. Ils ont haché le match qui a duré 2h15', je n'ai jamais vu ça. C'est triste pour notre sport (…) Nous savions qu'ils joueraient comme ça mais nous sommes quand même tombés dans ce faux rythme (…) La défaite ? Non, je ne l'avais pas intégré, je n'avais pas pensé à ça.»

My O level french 1965 isn't up to the translation but this is what google translate gives.

Sylvain Houlès (Toulouse coach ): " That was the game not to lose . But Rochdale put us to the level (sic) . Our game is based on speed and the sequences but we started at their own pace . They chopped the match that lasted 2:15 , 'I 've never seen that. It's sad for our sport (...) We knew they would play like that but we still fell into this false rhythm (...) The defeat ? No, I had not built , I had not thought of that.

He seems to think that" we slowed the game and it lasted 2h 15 min which was sad for our sport". Their game is based on speed. Perhaps he was thinking about the stoppages because of injuries such as concussion or a rearranged nose suffered by our players. I would be grateful if Oiseau or anyone who is good at French will correct me if I'm wrong.

Their coach doesn't seem very gracious in defeat.

Sylvain Houlès (entraîneur de Toulouse) : «Voilà, c'était le match à ne pas perdre. Mais Rochdale nous a mis à son niveau (sic). Notre jeu est basé sur la vitesse et les enchaînements mais nous nous sommes mis à leur rythme. Ils ont haché le match qui a duré 2h15', je n'ai jamais vu ça. C'est triste pour notre sport (…) Nous savions qu'ils joueraient comme ça mais nous sommes quand même tombés dans ce faux rythme (…) La défaite ? Non, je ne l'avais pas intégré, je n'avais pas pensé à ça.»

My O level french 1965 isn't up to the translation but this is what google translate gives.

Sylvain Houlès (Toulouse coach ): " That was the game not to lose . But Rochdale put us to the level (sic) . Our game is based on speed and the sequences but we started at their own pace . They chopped the match that lasted 2:15 , 'I 've never seen that. It's sad for our sport (...) We knew they would play like that but we still fell into this false rhythm (...) The defeat ? No, I had not built , I had not thought of that.

He seems to think that" we slowed the game and it lasted 2h 15 min which was sad for our sport". Their game is based on speed. Perhaps he was thinking about the stoppages because of injuries such as concussion or a rearranged nose suffered by our players. I would be grateful if Oiseau or anyone who is good at French will correct me if I'm wrong.

What we would usually say in English would be something like this, in my opinion :

That was a 'must win' game but Rochdale took us down to their level. Our game is based on speed and link-up play but we played at their rythym..They broke up the play which lasted 2 hrs 15 mins, i've never seen that before. That is sad for our sport.  We knew they played like that but we were still  stuck in that groove. Defeat ? No, that wasn't in my thinking, I never considered that.

He, like most of the French fans felt the Hornets players were swinging the lead, just like the last time they came down which, incidentally Kilshaw admitted to a couple of days before saturdays game.It was obvious though that saturday the players wer genuinely injured. Alan Kilshaw said he told his players at HT to NOT stay down in order to keep the momentum going, and that I well believe. Sylvain knows deep down his players bottled it because   - a) Rochdale wanted to win more than they did and B) Toulouse showed a big lack of respect for their opponents. I think it will be business as usual for Toulouse against York.

What we would usually say in English would be something like this, in my opinion :

That was a 'must win' game but Rochdale took us down to their level. Our game is based on speed and link-up play but we played at their rythym..They broke up the play which lasted 2 hrs 15 mins, i've never seen that before. That is sad for our sport.  We knew they played like that but we were still  stuck in that groove. Defeat ? No, that wasn't in my thinking, I never considered that.

He, like most of the French fans felt the Hornets players were swinging the lead, just like the last time they came down which, incidentally Kilshaw admitted to a couple of days before saturdays game.It was obvious though that saturday the players wer genuinely injured. Alan Kilshaw said he told his players at HT to NOT stay down in order to keep the momentum going, and that I well believe. Sylvain knows deep down his players bottled it because   - a) Rochdale wanted to win more than they did and B) Toulouse showed a big lack of respect for their opponents. I think it will be business as usual for Toulouse against York.

I hope they remain in hangover mode and your guys busted a few of their players, IF we play 80 mins of our best rugby possible then we could stay with them, on evidence of last few games we will be vast underdogs which could go in our favour, all depends how many of the 1st 17 can travel and who's fit.

andypk.gif

Archived