Who's staying and who's going?

bobg

Think the only joke is him not turning up and letting teammates he classes as friends down. He only showed up in the last few weeks to get his contract money as he received notification it was going to be stopped as he wasn't making himself available. Sour end to his town career.

Very poor, a few more leaving will leave a very sour taste Ginock.

When things aren't going well it is easier to deflect the blame onto someone or something else. I think lots of the players have done just that. A lot of them need to look in the mirror and ask themselves HONESTLY have they performed to the best of their ability. I think they should shoulder some of the blame for our league position. 

Nobody likes taking a pay cut but I'm afraid needs must. If they had performed, crowds would have gone up or stabilised allowing a better income stream to pay the players.

Things haven't gone well but the Fifita saga, lots of injuries to other players, few loanees, no dual reg etc etc..But hey, the chips are down. 

Some of the players have been great Tee Ritson, Jarrod Sammut, Matty Gee and Marc Shackley stood out for me. Too many have had average or poor seasons possibly hampered with injuries hence we are where we are. Hats off to the 14 who played on Sunday especially after being let down by some of their own "teammates".

The team who beat Bradford and the team who got demolished by Sheffield (not that many different in personnel) I'm afraid that's down to attitude.

Then I hear that some of the players are asking for more money for next season! The club will receive over £100k less for getting relegated. How can the players expect that?

The name on the back will never be bigger than the one on the front!

A bit of loyalty would be nice but to some it seems its all about money.

UTT

Always have been always will be the pride of West Cumbria!

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very poor, a few more leaving will leave a very sour taste Ginock.

When things aren't going well it is easier to deflect the blame onto someone or something else. I think lots of the players have done just that. A lot of them need to look in the mirror and ask themselves HONESTLY have they performed to the best of their ability. I think they should shoulder some of the blame for our league position. 

Nobody likes taking a pay cut but I'm afraid needs must. If they had performed, crowds would have gone up or stabilised allowing a better income stream to pay the players.

Things haven't gone well but the Fifita saga, lots of injuries to other players, few loanees, no dual reg etc etc..But hey, the chips are down. 

Some of the players have been great Tee Ritson, Jarrod Sammut, Matty Gee and Marc Shackley stood out for me. Too many have had average or poor seasons possibly hampered with injuries hence we are where we are. Hats off to the 14 who played on Sunday especially after being let down by some of their own "teammates".

The team who beat Bradford and the team who got demolished by Sheffield (not that many different in personnel) I'm afraid that's down to attitude.

Then I hear that some of the players are asking for more money for next season! The club will receive over £100k less for getting relegated. How can the players expect that?

The name on the back will never be bigger than the one on the front!

A bit of loyalty would be nice but to some it seems its all about money.

UTT

If you're gonna nick somebody else's quote  it should be "the badge on the front is bigger than the name on the back "! Sounded much better first time round-but so did most of this ramble. The majority of players gave it their best shot under desperate pressure and I couldn't presume to question their loyalty over a long hard season. As for money -whatever these guys get for what they do isn't enough . They risk their day jobs and give up a lot of their time for a pittance in comparison to many other-less demanding sports . 

Sorry to but in on another forum that's nothing to do with me,but in my opinion no rugby league players are payed enough for what they do.They all deserve our utmost respect for giving us our entertainment and our wonderful game.Hears hoping to see you all back in the championship next season.

Sorry to but in on another forum that's nothing to do with me,but in my opinion no rugby league players are payed enough for what they do.They all deserve our utmost respect for giving us our entertainment and our wonderful game.Hears hoping to see you all back in the championship next season.

Hopefully so but I doubt it big rebuilding job underway. Only saving grace is Whitehaven have got no money either. Maybe Barrow will be the new go to club.  ;)

Always have been always will be the pride of West Cumbria!

Think the only joke is him not turning up and letting teammates he classes as friends down. He only showed up in the last few weeks to get his contract money as he received notification it was going to be stopped as he wasn't making himself available. Sour end to his town career.

In fairness to Kris, he has needed a knee operation since spring and has played on with the injury. He is going to have the op shortly. Maybe once we were relegated he decided it wasn't a risk worth taking anymore in what was a meaningless match. These guys have a life outside rugby and proper full time jobs to protect.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Think if he has finished it will come out today as they had BOD meeting last night, according to one of the players,  on the agenda was, new coach, 2017 finical implication of relegation and players for 2017, 

Big 2 page spread on cumbrian RL in todays N&S. An interview with former RFL President gary hetherington. Article Basically saying working groups in the county should come together and look at a 5 10 or 15 year plan to have the county represented in SL. County needs to rid itself of parochialism

Is he staying Wonderwood?

No idea pal . Would suppose it all depends on any contract talks after relegation. Not spoke to him personally for months just the odd text to wish him luck . I know he's been struggling for 6 weeks with his shoulder but haven't all your squad been up against it this year at some stage

Four years running?? Aye right!

It's good to finally get some feedback from boardmembers though .

yes good to hear LA saying the 14 men situation won't happen again. Its all a bit doom and gloom at the moment so this and hopefully some more from the club will bring some positivity.

Disappointing to read Fryer's comments in the N&S saying he wouldn't have done anything differently this year if he could go back and it was all down to injuries.

He also said Richard West and his team who run the club's lottery. It is unbelievable what they do for Workington Town week in and week out to keep funding coming into the club

anyone know what is going on with the lottery play it week in week out even though not seen a result from it on the site since 29th July!

He also said Richard West and his team who run the club's lottery. It is unbelievable what they do for Workington Town week in and week out to keep funding coming into the club

anyone know what is going on with the lottery play it week in week out even though not seen a result from it on the site since 29th July!

I asked that question weeks ago !!!!

Disappointing to read Fryer's comments in the N&S saying he wouldn't have done anything differently this year if he could go back and it was all down to injuries.

hes as dillusional as he is responsible.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

some changes have happened so lets see what becomes of this new regime before we criticise , one thing i'm sure we will all be hoping for is to pull of a shock or 2 and beat Toronto and put a stick in the RFL spokes , lets hope all the Champ 1 teams play blinders against them and stop them jumping straight up !

Archived