Who's staying and who's going?

bobg

Theres something to be said for keeping our powder dry this year.

Theres a fair chance haven will either go up, or be in a bit of botha by this time next year.

Either way there could be plenty of locals to sign then!

yeah possibly straight back upto a league they weren't good enough for and barring splashing big coin out on a load of travellers then it will be straight back down.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at the Havens signings I think there is a lot of UN unanswered questions, veteran travellers,unproven youngsters,union amateur and average amateur league players ( with the exception of Dalton ) I believe he could be outstanding if he is committed.

I believe there is better local options available , however the big question will be, can we recruit some quality from abroad or outside the county to inspire and interest fans, sponsors and potential local players.

Just seen that Barrow have signed Declan Hulme on a 2 year contract. They are certainly throwing some brass about.

Barrow have lost a centre, a goalkicking half back, and a second row forward, Liam Harrison, the three signings are to fill those positions, on similar terms.

Looking at the Havens signings I think there is a lot of UN unanswered questions, veteran travellers,unproven youngsters,union amateur and average

amateur league players ( with the exception of Dalton ) I believe he could be outstanding if he is committed.

I believe there is better local options

available , however the big question will

be, can we recruit some quality from abroad or outside the county to inspire and interest fans, sponsors and potential local players.

i cant see the abroad route being taken at all.

if we take it that toronto will go up as so many people seem to think , that only leaves one other promotion place , anyone throwing money around this coming season are taking a massive gamble , i for one am not panicking , i would rather have a year in this league to see how it pans out and have a long term strategy.......wouldn t surprise me if the rugby league had another tinker with the leagues anyway before too long . .....

I think most of us who come on here know it's probably going to be a tough couple of seasons before we even look like challenging the top teams in our league, and see us as work in progress, I'm sure the majority of fans will understand the financial constraints and get behind the new BOD and coaching team. I reckon like the majority of clubs at our level, haven, Dews,Batley, et al only have a maximum of 400 or so diehards, and that's all you can expect to come through the gates when you aren't winning most weeks. Is this enough to survive and most importantly build for the future ? Will it be 17 notes next year to watch championship 1 rugby ? The majority of us won't blink at paying that but the floating fans certainly will.

What's the situation with our major sponsor ? are we looking for a new one ? and if so is the stadium naming up for grabs as well ? That's bound to be worth a bob or two especially if they could get the sponsors name in big letters splashed along the back of the grandstand.

Seeing haven on the back of the N&S every night signing everyone out there is a bit worrying for us but I'm not fretting too much about it, they are obviously going **** or burst and we are doing the polar opposite. It's going to be an interesting 12 months ahead. 

Dual reg with haven anyone ?

Keep the faith. 

Archived