2017 Featherstone Rovers squad.

marklaspalmas

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sammut  would give you a bit a individual flair he reads the game well and has a burst of pace over a short distance,would he play 6 or 7.Thacks has played ok at 7 the latter part of season but would not be as effective at 6.Also would be tough on Kyle to be moved {although i don't think he is a natural stand off}One thing you notice when watching Leigh there are always plenty of players supporting the ball carrier,over the last few seasons our backing up as been very poor often the ball carrier has to stop and wait for support.

Are we seriously looking at has-beens like Murrell and Tansey?

Tansey, just no.  Murrell is old, slow and quite porky.  Halifax look better with him out of the team imho.

We can do much better than these two.

I'd have Sammut over both of them, regardless of cost.  Type of player than can win you a game from nowhere, but I'd play him at fullback.  Thacks and Briggs starting to look good at 6&7

On my initial guess list I had us retaining Briscoe, Baldy and Ducky for 2017. I hope that some or all of those three may stay.

It's a bit too optimistic that we may tie down Goulding or Mullally I think.

However, perhaps Jackie O may be loaned back to us from the SL club he's supposed to be signing for?

interesting that sidwell was given the opportunity to kick a goal for bulls on sunday and clapped of by his team mates etc ...suggesting i think he is moving on ?

it was his 100th Bradford appearance sunday, read in 1 of the Bradford papers he was staying put and wanted to help get Bradford back into super league. You never now though, dont know what plans the new coach as, and might be a offer he cant refuse, think it would have to be silly money to out bid the bulls though.

I dont know what our stats are for the season on breaks from open play but I cant remember many.We need centres of the ilk of Paul Newlove who can punch holes in the oppositions defence.

There aren't even centres the likes of newy in the NRL pikey, let alone the british game

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

Its not always the case to throw big money about to get good players .Having a good SCOUT can bring you success for pennies just look in the football world years ago how Wimbledon stayed up eith the big boys by buying players from lower leagues who no one had heard of and more recently Leicester city winning the title with Players from the amateur league and abroad who no one has heard of so my question is this have we got a good scout at Fev who can trawl through the lower leagues and save us a fortune ?if not wouldnt it be wise to invest in one?

We had one ,hes at Wigan now .

Do we really need dancers at half time.Apart from the kids and their mums nobody else gives a toss.After going to Beverley races recently Ferret racing was very popular with people havjng a bet on the fastest ferret being the first out of the pipe.It also enhances our flat cap image.You know it makes sense Rodney.

we would have been better in getting finn back

we would have been better in getting finn back

You must be joking. Taking into account his performance at St Helens

on Friday. he is now on a par with div 2. Afraid is he well over the hill.

We saw his best before he left us.

I dont know what our stats are for the season on breaks from open play but I cant remember many.We need centres of the ilk of Paul Newlove who can punch holes in the oppositions defence.

Here we go again. I am sick and tired of repeating the fact that we have been

seriously lacking centres for some time. All conversations are about full backs,

hookers etc but a team cannot operate successfully without good centres, an area

which has been our weakness IMO.

Here we go again. I am sick and tired of repeating the fact that we have been

seriously lacking centres for some time. All conversations are about full backs,

hookers etc but a team cannot operate successfully without good centres, an area

which has been our weakness IMO.

Ok, who would you try to sign then that is 1) willing to play part time and 2) within our budget? We already have one of the three Championship Player of the Season nominees in Misi, and although he's not been quite as effective in recent weeks as earlier he's still a player most Championship teams would love to have. We're rumoured to be in for Ulugia. Not sure how you improve on that pairing at Championship level, especially for a part-time team?

Ok, who would you try to sign then that is 1) willing to play part time and 2) within our budget? We already have one of the three Championship Player of the Season nominees in Misi, and although he's not been quite as effective in recent weeks as earlier he's still a player most Championship teams would love to have. We're rumoured to be in for Ulugia. Not sure how you improve on that pairing at Championship level, especially for a part-time team?

If only we could clone both john and paul newlove harold box steve nash steve quinn brendan tuuata and my favourite player of all time peter smith the world would be our oyster. Well one can dream cant one. oh then there was that guy who won us the cup david hobbs not to mention another favourite of mine john marsden these were all players who gave their all. None of them probably got much money maybe paul newlove but my god did they give their all for the blue and white shirt.

Archived