Fan's Forum

andyram

Really you'd setup a second team not knowing how much it would cost and it's impact on the first team? And the club can and does take any loss individuals don't put there hands in there pockets I'm sure if someone wanted to buy the club there'd be "directors loans" to settle etc. Or if the club went bust would someone settle up?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Piggy is your mate paying you to come on here with the utter tripe you come out with.

Ha ha Mr Sil Coates typical of the club mafia to try and turn a debate on my belief that Dewsbury aren't skint into let's blame one of your own. And it might be tripe but it's my tripe and perhaps if you took your head out of your arsenal (thanks spellchecker) then others might try and listen to the opinions of fans like Marketram et al rather than just dishing out the usual condescension?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

It's that time of year again,batley fans taking great interest in our finances.

As I paid to watch dewsbury v oldham I demand to see a breakdown of how my £15 was spent ;)

£15 you paid to watch us against Oldham,you was robbed mate,shocking game.

:) I don't know the Rams were in complete control and oldham lucky to score and I go back to what I've stated before, dewsbury have some decent players just not a cohesive unit that can perform consistently (I hope there aren't too many big words in there but that's what I was told to write).

The voices in my head I'm talking about!

:) I don't know the Rams were in complete control and oldham lucky to score and I go back to what I've stated before, dewsbury have some decent players just not a cohesive unit that can perform consistently (I hope there aren't too many big words in there but that's what I was told to write).

The voices in my head I'm talking about!

Theres the problem mate, there were SOME decent players - but an awful lot of average ones, and a few will still be average next year. You can't coach ability into players, so what we saw last year was just down to poor recruitment I'm afraid. Or of course you could just blame our season on injuries, bad referees, bad luck, brexit, wrong leaves on the track etc. etc. ;)

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

I think we are only one half back from a decent team. Last season we had a lot of injuries, the Reynolds saga, the Reserves folding (and if I remember most if not all fans were in favour) and we didn't do DR (which I seem to remember most fans were in favour of not doing DR).

Mark Sawyer runs the club to be financially stable. Look at Halifax, made the Middle 8s, "invested" in players and didn't make the 8s this year, Fev gambling with multiple winding up orders, Bradford had a disasterpus season. Look at next season, assuming Bradford get their act together, Hull KR will be strong, Toulouse will likely to be full time, London wthe same, so the chances of making the Middle 8s will be even less next season. Fev will no doubt be throwing every penny at making it as well. So the marginal cost of trying to make the Middle 8s would be massive, the chance of making it if not full time will be very slim.

So yes it looks like we will finish somewhere between 6-8th next season, but it's Mark Sawyers money, I'm sure if someone wants to give him a huge sum of money to spend on players he won't turn it down.

Think a 6th place finish is very optimistic.

Hull kr

Bradford

London

Batley

Featherstone

Halifax

Sheffield (if they survive)

Toulouse

Will finish above us

Leaving

Dewsbury

Rochdale

Oldham

Swinton

Think a more realistic view would be finishing in the top 8

As our minimum goal

Anything above is a bonus

For me 8th is morrisons minimum goal.

Variables can change as teams struggle with the boom or bust mentality

And the whole game is the loser with these large injections of cash for getting in the 8's

It's bumping up the demands of players on clubs

And there lays the problem of rugby league ;)

Cools were going for 2nd in 2017. 3rd was so last year, 4th is merely taking part!

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Answer to your question.

Manchester City.

Found new investment (like we did)

Bought a shed load of better quality players (not like we are doing)

Won stuff (not like we are doing)

Then made improvement to their facilities (like we are doing)

I like that order.

Is this the same Man City who had to resort to selling tickets for the Champions league home games for £15? Hardly a shining example of success, the most prestigious club competition in the world, playing against the best clubs in Europe and they couldnt sell tickets for half price.

Cools were going for 2nd in 2017. 3rd was so last year, 4th is merely taking part!

Going to be interesting if disco can maintain the tenaciousness that lays within the batley team

And if we're honest with ourselves

Batley will have to be exceptional to emulate last season's remarkable efforts.

Batley 5th or 6th

Dewsbury 8th or 9th

Going to be interesting if disco can maintain the tenaciousness that lays within the batley team

And if we're honest with ourselves

Batley will have to be exceptional to emulate last season's remarkable efforts.

Batley 5th or 6th

Dewsbury 8th or 9th

To be honest, I still see anything where we are not in the relegation dogfight as a good season. Next season will be no different, top 6 would be a very good season IMO, so I hope you are right. We performed miracles this season, I cannot see us being able to back it up but you never know. Fev could have more winding up orders coming in looking at the amounts they are banding about on new players. Hull KR might not be able to cope with losing not only £1M in funding, but also at least another £1M in lost revenue from travelling support and televised games etc. It is also likely some of there better players may leave them too and it will be harder to attract talent whilst playing in the championship. Toulouse (if promoted) are likely to be strong at home but I'm not sure they will travel well, which could be a problem for them. Bradford and Halifax seem to be in the doldrums, Sheffield might not even exist next year, so you never know we might both end up in the top four simply because the rest of the division is in the sickest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.

Leon Price is a big risk IMO and in all honesty I wouldn't be too excited if we'd signed him for the sort of money he is likely to be on. He looks like a huge risk and well past his best, but he could tear the championship apart next year if he stays fit. What is going on at Halifax? They seem to be in free fall and cant buy a win at the moment and an expected clear out is likely, have they got the money to bring in quality players, given the fact that they finished outside the top 4 this year?

Diskin is totally unproven and I expect it to take a season to really see what he is made of and if he is up to the job. I'm certainly not expecting us to be in the middle 8s next year, but you never know what will happen. I've watched us for far too long to have high expectations ;)

I hope we bring in some quality to really improve the squad, but I reckon we will have spent a lot more than we did this year, just to retain the existing squad. In reality there's probably not a lot left in the budget to strengthen the squad.

• 2 weeks later...

Think a 6th place finish is very optimistic.

Hull kr

Bradford

London

Batley

Featherstone

Halifax

Sheffield (if they survive)

Toulouse

Will finish above us

Leaving

Dewsbury

Rochdale

Oldham

Swinton

Think a more realistic view would be finishing in the top 8

As our minimum goal

Anything above is a bonus

For me 8th is morrisons minimum goal.

Variables can change as teams struggle with the boom or bust mentality

And the whole game is the loser with these large injections of cash for getting in the 8's

It's bumping up the demands of players on clubs

And there lays the problem of rugby league ;)

Okay I grant you 6th might be a step too far, but reckon we will be better than Sheffield as they are struggling to survive and then between us and Halifax. And if Featherstone start to look like they won't make the Middle 8s, who knows what might happen there financially. So yes maybe 7th or 8th.

Okay I grant you 6th might be a step too far, but reckon we will be better than Sheffield as they are struggling to survive and then between us and Halifax. And if Featherstone start to look like they won't make the Middle 8s, who knows what might happen there financially. So yes maybe 7th or 8th.

Don't discount Oldham ... they have recruited very well!!  

Don't discount Oldham ... they have recruited very well!!  

Halifax may not have as settled a squad as it appears, so I'm hearing.

There is a lot of water to pass under many bridges yet before we get to pre-season, never mind the season proper. I think making any sort of prediction just yet is like betting on next year's Grand National (although I know someone who would take your bet if you wish).

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

If Fax are in trouble already and Sheffield look likely to be battling for survival then we could be in for 6th place. And I will keep saying this, if Fev start to look like not making the Top 4, then could go into meltdown. Financial stability may be boring, but I reckon the Rams will still be here and stable.

Archived