Sign in to follow this  
Scubby

So I phoned the RFL ticket office (ref: Olympic Stadium). Brace yourselves

it is a shame because it is in a good location and is a great size compared to Wembley but i agree the view isnt great and it all felt a but weird last year. Hopefully the changes they have made will improve it this year

The atmosphere didn't help the experience last year either; it's was poor (as was Hull). I remember the 2011 game at Wembley where there was a band, that stupid French horn and other stuff which helped generate atmosphere. Helped by an exciting game, it really worked and the non-RL fan I took with me said it was the best sporting experience he'd been to... same again please RFL and it would improve the OP experience (along with England stepping up to the plate).

I think we should stick with Wembley rather than searching for smaller London grounds. Let's build a tradition of being there every year. 40k in bottom tier of Wembley was good against Aus when we had double header with Wales. We just need to grow it each year.

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

I think we should stick with Wembley rather than searching for smaller London grounds. Let's build a tradition of being there every year. 40k in bottom tier of Wembley was good against Aus when we had double header with Wales. We just need to grow it each year.

i think Wembley for CC and OP for England gives a nice bit of variety

i think Wembley for CC and OP for England gives a nice bit of variety

Yeah see what ur saying, but OP just isn't a great stadium to watch RL, although that is only based on 1 experience. I know ground has changed since so could be better.

Even with an amazing stadium I'd rather we were at Wembley. I'll still be there in a few weeks though!

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

Yeah see what ur saying, but OP just isn't a great stadium to watch RL, although that is only based on 1 experience. I know ground has changed since so could be better.

Even with an amazing stadium I'd rather we were at Wembley. I'll still be there in a few weeks though!

im a fan of variety and i think fans respond to that. As we often complain, we have many of tge same hardcore attending the major events, so i think Wembley twice a year may be a bit much and could see the Challenge Cup hit.

I already believe we see a reduction in Cc Final and Grand Final crowds in international years as neutrals prioritise accordingly.

Hopefully the games being in London, Coventry and Liverpool will start to brin in new regular fans and this becomes less of an issue.

I agree about OP, but I did like the area and hopefully it will improve over time.

Please no Rugby AM Fanzone though!

Thought the OP was pretty good, despite the weird atmosphere against the kiwis. Guess it must depend on where your sat.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

I felt genuinely embarassed dragging my friends to a muddy car park with three blokes incoherently shouting.

aye I took a new fan along, wasnt a great event tbh.