Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Scubby

So I phoned the RFL ticket office (ref: Olympic Stadium). Brace yourselves

Surely when you struggle to get a few seats together in the east stand it's time to open the top tier. Don't get what they are waiting for the lower tier on that side of pitch is surely near capacity?

Has anybody seen any advertising of this on the BBC out of interest?

The tournament doesn't start for another month, so wouldn't expect the BBC to start trailing this for a while yet, outside mentions on the Challenge Cup or Super League Show. It isn't their job to sell tickets to games.

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

Does anyone have an email address for him? 

If you are on LinkedIn at all a link to his page is https://www.linkedin.com/in/jon-dutton-29a5121a?authType=NAME_SEARCH&authToken=EacA&locale=en_US&trk=tyah&trkInfo=clickedVertical%3Amynetwork%2CclickedEntityId%3A66960406%2CauthType%3ANAME_SEARCH%2Cidx%3A1-1-1%2CtarId%3A1475159903140%2Ctas%3Ajohn%20dutton 

Ask to connect with him, once you have done so you can send him a message

" We have achieved what you can only dream of "

Follow me on Twitter @gaz_wigan

The tournament doesn't start for another month, so wouldn't expect the BBC to start trailing this for a while yet, outside mentions on the Challenge Cup or Super League Show. It isn't their job to sell tickets to games.

Totally agree it was just a genuine question and not laying any blame on them

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Surely when you struggle to get a few seats together in the east stand it's time to open the top tier. Don't get what they are waiting for the lower tier on that side of pitch is surely near capacity?

I literally cannot buy 2 x £50 tickets together at the moment (tried on the phone too). Those sections in the top tier should now be open. People are willing to pay more money for tickets than going in the corners in the lower tier; it's lost revenue. 

Thanks - I had looked on Linkedin but would be surprised if he connected. I suppose it's a way for me to get a job at the RFL if he does! ;) 

Thanks - I had looked on Linkedin but would be surprised if he connected. I suppose it's a way for me to get a job at the RFL if he does! ;)

Not if you've kept your North East twang! This is a local game for local people

Not if you've kept your North East twang! This is a local game for local people

Actually born and brought up in St Helens but was studying in Newcastle when I joined this forum many moons ago. My St Helens tones have mellowed considerably since I embarked on my chosen career so now get called a 'posh t@#t' or 'Tory boy' when I go home... I'd never fit in! :D 

Why is the Australia game on a Sunday? I couldn't believe that. I was just about to book assuming it was the usual Saturday London game and it's now thrown all my plans out the window

Why is the Australia game on a Sunday? I couldn't believe that. I was just about to book assuming it was the usual Saturday London game and it's now thrown all my plans out the window

TV probably. 

That's exactly how I feel but might not bother with the game in London or at Anfield this year. Fed up and sick of the incompetence, insular attitudes and self-servicing nature of our sport in this country and Australia. To cap it all off, they are never held to account...

That s the spirit! I ll be at the London Stadium and taking ten of my ex colleagues at Canary Wharf.

RL followers must be the biggest moaners in any sport.

That s the spirit! I ll be at the London Stadium and taking ten of my ex colleagues at Canary Wharf.

And how many games do you watch a season bazzzz?

rldfsignature.jpg

They will

So if they can't fill a 25,000 seater lower bowl because everyone's holding back that's going to prompt them to open the top tier?

Edited by deluded pom?

rldfsignature.jpg

It sounds to me like they think their audience is thick and will sit where they are told...

People these days like choice, if you can pre pick your seat on an airplane whys it so hard to in a stadium!

They should let people pick, if that part doesn't sell well they can close sections and move people into other sections of their choice...

They are basically telling people to sit where your told or go away....with that choice most 21st century folk will go away...

I agree.  And I would add that the final being on a Sunday has made it a harder sell for my mates.  A Saturday evening game followed by a night out in Liverpool would've been ideal.

Most followers of international sport don't follow / regularly attend club games/top teams...

If he's had the same experiences I and several others have had then he might be a bit more understanding. I have followed the sport for years and regularly attended international games, never missing a Kangaroo or Kiwi Test series. However the RFL and the ARL have, together, eroded my interest in the international aspect of the sport. In future I will concentrate on the club side of the sport as this is exactly what the RFL and the ARL want. Congratulations everyone involved.

rldfsignature.jpg

deluded pom?, on 29 Sept 2016 - 10:27 AM, said:

If he's had the same experiences I and several others have had then he might be a bit more understanding. I have followed the sport for years and regularly attended international games, never missing a Kangaroo or Kiwi Test series. However the RFL and the ARL have, together, eroded my interest in the international aspect of the sport. In future I will concentrate on the club side of the sport as this is exactly what the RFL and the ARL want. Congratulations everyone involved.

I'm with Pom.  The last straw for me will be If Wales fails to qualify due to facing stacked heritage squads.  It's a club game, the atmosphere at internationals I've been to leaves a lot to be desired. At this point I'd probably rather watch the Super League dream team vs an NRL all star team. 

Edited by USRLFAN

Good for you - hopefully you'll be sat next to the 55-strong party from Kings Lynn I've organised.

So if they can't fill a 25,000 seater lower bowl because everyone's holding back that's going to prompt them to open the top tier?

If people want to go to watch the game, they'll buy tickets. I doubt "not being able to sit in the top tier" will be a show stopper...thus people will just buy tickets at the last minute and eventually they'll open the top tier if/when necessary