Sign in to follow this  
Scubby

So I phoned the RFL ticket office (ref: Olympic Stadium). Brace yourselves

RL fans are so fortunate when it comes to internationals. Tickets are always available so there's no excuses for not going. Plus if you wait a week before the fixture they go up on groupon and wowcher discount websites as 2 for 1 so half the price. You would be stupid to buy your ticket in advance and effectively paid double the price. That's what I'll be doing with mates for both the games in London and Coventry.

RU on the other hand you've zero chance of getting Six Nations tickets while its difficult for Autumn Internationals. Besides even if you do get them they'll cost at least £80 and that's not even against the big teams. I think the New Zealand game next year will be £100 for the cheapest tickets and there'll be next to none of them available which is totally unfair.

RL wins hands down in this regard.

What a fantastic post. Cheers

Even MancRL spoke some sense during that thread...

On a side note, a good marker will be ticket sales at 29 Oct 16 when Scubby started that thread; the RFL announced 40k had been sold. Can't imagine that'll be the case this year.

Edited by GeordieSaint

Even MancRL spoke some sense during that thread...

On a side note, a good marker will be ticket sales at 29 Oct 16 when Scubby started that thread; the RFL announced 40k had been sold. Can't imagine that'll be the case this year.

Geez that thread is so depressing - flashback or what? Interestingly, they didn't sell many more (only 4k) from that point. I really hope things kick on. The teams deserve 40k+ at London, England have a really good team for once.

Can't help thinking that any marketing agency worth its salt with a decent budget, 12-month lead in of tickets on sale, and the Sam Burgess returning angle could have pretty much sewn up the Olympic Stadium by now.

We all know it would have happened in other sports.

Geez that thread is so depressing - flashback or what? Interestingly, they didn't sell many more (only 4k) from that point. I really hope things kick on. The teams deserve 40k+ at London, England have a really good team for once.

Can't help thinking that any marketing agency worth its salt with a decent budget, 12-month lead in of tickets on sale, and the Sam Burgess returning angle could have pretty much sewn up the Olympic Stadium by now.

We all know it would have happened in other sports.

No will at the RFL to do; more interested in the MPG and feathering their own nest.

Err - which was my point in the first place! It's irrelevant what the policing situation is at Wembley on Friday. England vs Aus was never a consideration to be played on the Friday night in London.

London has more football teams than simply those in the Premier League by the way. Multiple Premier League games in London may not always kick off at the same time, but they are still played on the same day.

You started off by stating why can't RL plan these games in advance...this was before any England game was announced for a Friday night hence policing is a factor to begin with. Only once the Wembley fixture was announced could RL then make plans for an alternative time. RL is not in a position of stength and has no option but to wait, the availability of stadium for instance is out of the sport's control without a deal in place, and World Cup fixtures I don't see shifting for anything as I said.

RL fans are so fortunate when it comes to internationals. Tickets are always available so there's no excuses for not going. Plus if you wait a week before the fixture they go up on groupon and wowcher discount websites as 2 for 1 so half the price. You would be stupid to buy your ticket in advance and effectively paid double the price. That's what I'll be doing with mates for both the games in London and Coventry.

RU on the other hand you've zero chance of getting Six Nations tickets while its difficult for Autumn Internationals. Besides even if you do get them they'll cost at least £80 and that's not even against the big teams. I think the New Zealand game next year will be £100 for the cheapest tickets and there'll be next to none of them available which is totally unfair.

RL wins hands down in this regard.

Those prices are a joke. I thought football was bad (new main stand at Anfield costs £59 for a seat). Maybe I'm Rip van winkle here but ticket prices seem to be insane nowadays...when I was going to Anfield it was just over £20...so I find today's prices shocking. £50 (is that what this costs?) for a RL match won't entice casuals IMO.

You started off by stating why can't RL plan these games in advance...this was before any England game was announced for a Friday night hence policing is a factor to begin with. Only once the Wembley fixture was announced could RL then make plans for an alternative time. RL is not in a position of stength and has no option but to wait, the availability of stadium for instance is out of the sport's control without a deal in place, and World Cup fixtures I don't see shifting for anything as I said.

So are you suggesting the whole English sporting world had to sit back and wait for the England football team's WC fixtures to be arranged before they could organise anything? I find that very bizarre. The RFL have known England RL would be playing Australia in this country for a few years now. Why would you sit back and only sort out a venue at such short notice? The RFL could have made arrangements for the England v Australia match before the football WC qualifiers had even been drawn.

rldfsignature.jpg

. £50 (is that what this costs?) for a RL match won't entice casuals IMO.

It's not Saddleworth v West Hull (no disrespect to either team) we're talking about. This is THE biggest rivalry and one of the biggest game's in the RL calendar. How much do you think it costs for top price tickets to see the football team play the likes of Brazil or Germany?

rldfsignature.jpg

And how many games do you watch a season bazzzz?

Most followers of international sport don't follow / regularly attend club games/top teams...

As I live in London I don t attend as many games as I want to. I go to probably ten or so regular season games and always the Grand Final and any Internationals. As I am also now retired I need to mind the pennies!

I agree.  And I would add that the final being on a Sunday has made it a harder sell for my mates.  A Saturday evening game followed by a night out in Liverpool would've been ideal.

It s perfect for me.I can stay in Manchester over the weekend and make a quick trip to Liverpool then back to London.

So are you suggesting the whole English sporting world had to sit back and wait for the England football team's WC fixtures to be arranged before they could organise anything? I find that very bizarre. The RFL have known England RL would be playing Australia in this country for a few years now. Why would you sit back and only sort out a venue at such short notice? The RFL could have made arrangements for the England v Australia match before the football WC qualifiers had even been drawn.

"Sporting world" is a bit of an exaggeration...we're talking about a RL game in London here, and played on the same weekend as an England vs Scotland World Cup qualifier. And what venue could the RFL have organised when they don't own one? Is there a deal in place with West Ham for the Olympic stadium? The Grand final has a set time in the calendar so Man U are able to accommodate RL...playing a sporadic test makes it harder to accommodate RL.

It's not Saddleworth v West Hull (no disrespect to either team) we're talking about. This is THE biggest rivalry and one of the biggest game's in the RL calendar. How much do you think it costs for top price tickets to see the football team play the likes of Brazil or Germany?

A Brazil Germany friendly should be relatively cheap. A World Cup game is a different matter of course. £50 is way too steep for a potential RL viewer IMO. I can't see many casuals willing to fork out that.

£50 is way too steep for a potential RL viewer IMO. I can't see many casuals willing to fork out that.

The £50 seats are unavailable bar individual seats; some tickets cost £99 during the World Cup in 2013 and sold well. Halfway line seats at the GF and CCF always sell out. People do pay for good seats in our sport, including neutrals.

Tickets cost from £12.50 upwards at OP. The range on offer is good; just nobody knows about it.

"Sporting world" is a bit of an exaggeration...we're talking about a RL game in London here, and played on the same weekend as an England vs Scotland World Cup qualifier.

My point was the RFL could have organised this game two years ago before the football WC groups had even been drawn and before anyone knew England would be playing Scotland. Are you saying that's not possible because RL isn't a big enough sport?

rldfsignature.jpg

£50 is way too steep for a potential RL viewer IMO. I can't see many casuals willing to fork out that.

If you are used to London prices then £50 for the best seats at an international sporting event is very reasonable and there were a lot of 'casuals' in them last year.

Just out of curiosity i've just checked out the RL ticketing website and imparticular the Game at the Olympic stadium, and this is what i was met with.. made me chuckle.

Screen_Shot_2016_09_30_at_22_13_13.png

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Just out of curiosity i've just checked out the RL ticketing website and imparticular the Game at the Olympic stadium, and this is what i was met with.. made me chuckle.

Screen_Shot_2016_09_30_at_22_13_13.png

That'll be due to the demand from Wigan fans for the Grand Final.

Not read the whole thread so apologies if this has already been answered but why doesn't the RFL use resellers like Ticketmaster and Stubhub? They then do much of the proactive sales that seems lacking from the RFL?

If most of the above is true and is such an important issue with many rugby fans,why dont the publishers of this site and League Express raise the matter as a front page/editorial story and then allow the RFL a right of response? Simples.

I look forward to hearing from John Drake.

My point was the RFL could have organised this game two years ago before the football WC groups had even been drawn and before anyone knew England would be playing Scotland. Are you saying that's not possible because RL isn't a big enough sport?

RL doesn't hold the cards that's the issue. Lets put aside tv scheduling and policing, unless there is a deal in place what venue can the sport use? A club game at OT can be acommodated by Man U as it is at a set time in the calendar every year...internationals are sporadic. Say RL wanted to use Wembley, what could they do? You would have to wait for the World Cup (or Euros) qualifying fixtures to be announced (qualifiers play on set dates/weekends...but the draw determines dates the team will be home or away).

RL doesn't hold the cards that's the issue. Lets put aside tv scheduling and policing, unless there is a deal in place what venue can the sport use? A club game at OT can be acommodated by Man U as it is at a set time in the calendar every year...internationals are sporadic. Say RL wanted to use Wembley, what could they do? You would have to wait for the World Cup (or Euros) qualifying fixtures to be announced (qualifiers play on set dates/weekends...but the draw determines dates the team will be home or away).

How does the football team playing at Wembley in two years time impact on the RFL booking the OP? The problem is the RFL can't see past next week let alone two years hence.

rldfsignature.jpg

If most of the above is true and is such an important issue with many rugby fans,why dont the publishers of this site and League Express raise the matter as a front page/editorial story and then allow the RFL a right of response? Simples.

I look forward to hearing from the RFL.

rldfsignature.jpg

Not read the whole thread so apologies if this has already been answered but why doesn't the RFL use resellers like Ticketmaster and Stubhub? They then do much of the proactive sales that seems lacking from the RFL?

At last..a common sense solution!

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/browse/rugby-league-catid-695/sport-rid-10004

Four legs good - two legs bad

As much as I enjoy RLW they never really tackle tough issues like this, they did a piece a few issues back on the late organisation of 4N but it read more like an RFL press release. I'd love them to really fire into the likes of big Nigel and portray his and the RFL's incompetence in issues like this, but they don't.

See my comments at the end of the below thread on the 4N article

http://www.totalrl.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=285935#entry3351776

Edited by Odsal Outlaw

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004