Conference Challenge Trophy Final

It's the big one in Manchester this weekend! Oh and apparently there's something happening at Old Trafford as well....

I've seen the bookies don't want to separate the sides, both are 5/6, which is probably fair because I'm not sure I could honestly say which way I think this will go. 

Mayfield obviously been playing better opposition week in week out, but by all accounts they steamed rolled Wath Brow the weekend - not sure if that kind of game will help or hinder them coming into a game against Hunslet Parkside. 

We have 4 coach loads coming over and countless others driving so I'm sure it will be a good atmosphere and I've no doubt the game won't disappoint, as long as the weather doesn't play a hand. 

My bold prediction is Hunslet to nick it 22 - 18. 

Two of our boys went over to watch against wath brow and said it cant of been a full strength wath side..poor at times and lacked any good forwards their stand off must of got MOM he was taking hit ups!!

Although mayfields completion rate was through the roof no major mistakes and know how to complete their sets

However our forwards have to be the biggest and most agil in all leagues and our backs are nothing short of trys!!

It all sets up to be a good tough game in which i see hunslet by 8-12 points if and when the forwards get a role on..

A lot of that Brow team were good enough to contest 3 consecutive NCL grand finals,nice to see some of the Hunslet players are as full of themselves as their supporters,I wonder if Mayfield need to bother showing up.

Hunslet are very very big they win a lot and every right to be super confident. They have beaten good sides, I think if Mayfield can win/compete in the collision then they Will have a little too much for them. It could be really tasty as neither side take a backward step, both are sides that like to and often do bully opponents so don't be surprised if there is a bit of biff

A lot of that Brow team were good enough to contest 3 consecutive NCL grand finals,nice to see some of the Hunslet players are as full of themselves as their supporters,I wonder if Mayfield need to bother showing up.

But clearly not good enough to stop themselves getting 50+ put on them at the weekend, hence why we suggested they must have had an under-strength team out - we know they're better than that. 

Call it what you want, full of ourselves/over-confident or any other similar suggestion, but one thing is for definite Mayfield won't put anything like 50 points on Hunslet. 

JohnMatrix is right, why would we not be confident? It's seemingly seen as a slight to other sides to say you expect to win - I don't really understand that personally. I'd be more worried about a side that was going into a final that didn't have that belief and for what it's worth I'm sure Mayfield have every confidence in beating us and why wouldn't they, they've had a great season. 

I'm not saying Mayfield aren't good enough to do that but it's been over 3 years since anybody has beaten Hunslet by more than 4 points so for me it'll be a lot closer than that. 

Got a feeling that record is going 

Mayfield to win by 18 

Is their any truth in a couple of rumours that a few of the hunslet lads are going to play for queens over the winter months ?......and also what has gone wrong at your neighbours warriors,looks like you will miss each other as the look like going down

Is their any truth in a couple of rumours that a few of the hunslet lads are going to play for queens over the winter months ?......and also what has gone wrong at your neighbours warriors,looks like you will miss each other as the look like going down

Hunslet Club Parkside for the first time won,t be running a winter team , but next summer season we will be running 3 open age sides , and as far as Hunslet Warriors go they need to win their final game and other results go their way .......

Congratulations to Mayfield on a great victory.

The match was spoiled I thought by a weak referee. Who should have stamped out the cheap shots. His biggest mistake was to send the young mayfield winger off. To give the Hunslett player a yellow card after he punched the mayfield lad then to issue a red to the mayfield lad was wrong.

It's a pity that Hunslett are spoiled by their desire to kill everything and anyone in a Mayfield shirt. So far as the Hunslett fans are concerned the less said the better. They are a disgrace to the game of Rugby League.

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

Congratulations to Mayfield on a great victory.

The match was spoiled I thought by a weak referee. Who should have stamped out the cheap shots. His biggest mistake was to send the young mayfield winger off. To give the Hunslett player a yellow card after he punched the mayfield lad then to issue a red to the mayfield lad was wrong.

It's a pity that Hunslett are spoiled by their desire to kill everything and anyone in a Mayfield shirt. So far as the Hunslett fans are concerned the less said the better. They are a disgrace to the game of Rugby League.

Archived