Regionalise under Premier division

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of the time the some clubs can go a month before a home fixture, this is a big problem as clubs finances are affected by this, surley when this hapens the league should step in to alter the fixture programe, common sence,

Example ?

English Hockey Leagues

National Basketball Leagues

The RFU National League 3 leagues, whilst split into North, Midlands and South are all similar travel distances to the NCL which covers 2 of England's economic regions, with one side in a third in Division 3.

Are the basketball and hockey leagues Amateur ? The RU leagues are regional with Cumbrian team traveling no further than the Manchester area or Newcastle.

Thats my point, the RFU leagues are still the same distances as the NCL... look at National 3 North.

National Basketball is amateur (its the BBL which is pro) and Im fairly certain on Hockey too.

In the same way that NCL Premier is?

The RFU are talking about introducing a salary cap of £100,000 at that level but the club's aren't happy. It's certainly a higher level than NCL 2 and 3. My preference is for NCL premier and 1 to stay the same and NCL 2 and 3 to be split west and east but I could see the appeal of a premier and three regional divisions if it were part of a minimum standards based pyramid structure

Making false statements about the amateur flagship leagues is derailing the thread .

Back to thread where would the midlands fit in with the NCL should it regionalise are there any teams at NCL standard on the Midlands ?

Nottingham would probably find it easier to play in a Yorkshire division than one with trips to Cumbria and Lancashire. They may not be quite ready but they're not far off in my opinion

Making false statements about the amateur flagship leagues is derailing the thread .

Back to thread where would the midlands fit in with the NCL should it regionalise are there any teams at NCL standard on the Midlands ?

I guess whats tongue in cheek to some is a false statement to another...

Coventry Bears had a couple of productive seasons but distance to Cumbria and NE was a killer. Conference League South is the Tier 4 offer for those regions which offers a similar standard to NCL 3.

I guess whats tongue in cheek to some is a false statement to another...

Coventry Bears had a couple of productive seasons but distance to Cumbria and NE was a killer. Conference League South is the Tier 4 offer for those regions which offers a similar standard to NCL 3.

CLS will be regionalised next year though

Oh I see tongue in cheek was it !!!!!!!!!!!!

Read the context of the thread. I was saying that the RU League in question was semi-professional in the same way that the NCL is... this was an ironic statement (or a use of sarcasm)... because the league in question, like the NCL, is supposed to be amateur... but in fact (and unlike the NCL) many players receive significant wages from the companies of their committee members and sponsors.

I really hope this clears up your misunderstanding!

You been at the meeting Bowes?

I'm a bit out of the loop these days, though I've read the proposals, has there been a change of plan to keep one division? I was told there was either going to be a split into west and east or a Welsh premier and presumably an English division?

Archived