the sales have started

tandle

reading news of Bradford Halifax and Sheffield they are releasing players like no tomorrow. at this rate they will be far weaker teams next year as they gone way over their budget and of the Bradford players most are going to Huddersfield. 

so is the silence from us because   we waiting to see what happens looking at this I think the top teams next season will be hull kr batley and Feather

stone the rest battling against relegation better for us.

if we still have dr with Huddersfield walk on.

Not exactly been quiet has it Tandle, we signed 2 from Sheffield as it stands. Recruitment from us has been far and away better than for a while.

I agree Sheffield must be worried about even existing next season still,Halifax are in a lot of debt apparently so I guess some cost cutting going on there,Bradford..hmm not sure what's going on there but would expect them to be strong still. Feath are spending big, on a mission by the look of it,Batley may struggle to replicate a magic season for them last time out,losing Kear and a few players.

I expect London,Hull KR,Bradford and possibly Feath to be looking for top four spots. The rest is a lottery really, our aim of 7/8th is definitely achievable and possibly we could aim a touch higher with the recruitment we have made so far.

DR will play a part of course, if we use it as we have over the last few seasons I would be more than happy.

Going to be another great season of RL to look forward to for sure.

hi 34 you are right I missed out London. batley and Featherstone with the monies they receive over £500.000 each are in a very good position.

reading the Bradford news the bulls seem to be in financial trouble big style and are having difficulty paying the players and staff could they fold.

last season it was 4 sides battling to stay up this season I think it could be fron seven.

This is the blurb about DR when first set up......

"Clubs in both the Super League and the Championships benefit from the new dual registration system which was introduced for the 2013 season.[1] The new system is intended to complement the existing player loan system.

• Only Super League players can be dual registered and the receiving club must be a club in the Championships, meaning that Super League to Super League club dual registrations are not available.
  • A dual registered player will be eligible to play and train with both clubs in a format agreed between the clubs, subject to registration, salary cap and competition eligibility rules.
  • The player is restricted to playing in one fixture per scheduled round of fixtures in any given week and would not be eligible to play for his Super League club on a Thursday and in a Championship fixture at the weekend, for example.
  • A receiving club will be limited to a total of five dual registered players per matchday squad."

You can of course take players "on loan" from other clubs that you are not dual registered with as we did last season with Lewis Foster from Leigh for example, the benefit of DR is that training facilities,medical staff etc from the Super League club can be offered/utilised. With a "normal" loan from outside the DR partnership obviously you just get the player.

So you are not restricted to bringing loan players in from other clubs, the DR agreement covers quite a bit more than just being offered players for a week or two.

Archived