Super League / RFL irreparably broken!

With England's loss today effectively ending their hopes of a 4N title again this year (44 years and.counting since a major series win), I'm prepared to say unless there is MAJOR change at Red Hall, we may as well give up.

We have a national team that even with a full-strength team, at home and with the best coach in the world, they still can't make a major final. We have a domestic league where a more-or-less 2nd-string Wigan outfit can win the title for yet another season. IMO, the system is irreparably broken.

IMO, Super League as a concept has failed and the RFL have failed in their duty to manage the sport in the UK. For me, there are only 2 solutions:

a. the NRL takes over management of the game in the UK. Super League effectively becomes NRL Europe.

OR (if neither party wants to do this)

b. we dissolve the RFL and the game is integrated into the RFU.

This may seem drastic, but after today I have given up on the game in this country in its current state. Things can't keep going on the way they are going and unless a major change occurs its over.

Can't believe this post! Tell you what, why don't we sport England from playing sport full stop, all take up knitting and all stop breathing while we are at it!

We will win nothing while we bend down to the Aussies and the kiwis to play by their rules.SL is a fast POTB game,NRL is less so and they have to really lay on or mess at the POTB to get penalised.International rules are basically NRL rules and as such we play all season in with fast POTB then have to deal with what we seen today .The Oz and NZ are not bothered about four nations and as such demand if you want us to play it's by our rules.Until this changes we will win nothing

With England's loss today effectively ending their hopes of a 4N title again this year (44 years and.counting since a major series win), I'm prepared to say unless there is MAJOR change at Red Hall, we may as well give up.

We have a national team that even with a full-strength team, at home and with the best coach in the world, they still can't make a major final. We have a domestic league where a more-or-less 2nd-string Wigan outfit can win the title for yet another season. IMO, the system is irreparably broken.

IMO, Super League as a concept has failed and the RFL have failed in their duty to manage the sport in the UK. For me, there are only 2 solutions:

a. the NRL takes over management of the game in the UK. Super League effectively becomes NRL Europe.

This may seem drastic, but after today I have given up on the game in this country in its current state. Things can't keep going on the way they are going and unless a major change occurs its over.

Nice attempt at a wind up, but...

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

England lose to NZ by a point (having beat them last year) and you think jumping into the lions mouth the RFU ( responsible custodians of Rugby League they obviously are) is a viable option.   :O  :O  :O  :O

We will win nothing while we bend down to the Aussies and the kiwis to play by their rules.SL is a fast POTB game,NRL is less so and they have to really lay on or mess at the POTB to get penalised.International rules are basically NRL rules and as such we play all season in with fast POTB then have to deal with what we seen today .The Oz and NZ are not bothered about four nations and as such demand if you want us to play it's by our rules.Until this changes we will win nothing

It can't be denied all but two NZ tackles resulted in holding down.

"It can't be denied all but two NZ tackles resulted in holding down."

No it can't, it was a beautiful illustration of NRL legacy, and knowing what the ref will punish and what they won't. And why it was decided by one point.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Things can't keep going on the way they are going and unless a major change occurs its over.

I know, the situation in the US elections is dreadful, the economy is heading down the swanny, the situation in Syria gets worse, climate change continues.. Brexit means Brexit (boot means boot as in computer, car and foot but hey ho). oh sorry you mean the game. Need to look at tactics and some positional aspects but hey the game ain't done over here yet. Could be worse soccer ain't won anything since the 60's

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

The coach needs time and games to impact upon the players mentality and improvement of individuals and game management... it is or was unrealistic to think any coach has a magic wand.

It will take time... hence it was a daft decision to not have given him the coaches job for last years tour. As he has limited number of high pressure games before world cup.

We don't make it easy for our coaches... Aussies and NZ can draft in a new coach as both teams are already at the higher performance level.

It has been over 50 years since England won a trophy in Football. No wonder nobody watches that sport any more...

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Fast PTB in SL, you must be joking. The players are coached to wrestle and get hands in too slow the game.

Josh Hodgson is a different player since he went to the NRL, were the second Ref polices the 10 for offside.

HW

What a load of tosh - a team with a spine that has been together for 2 weeks, a friendly and a real test, is rubbished by an a$%&(le!

Well well what a surprise - its a RL forum

The Kiwis and the Aussies have teams that have been together for years plus or minus the odd back or forward - the Aussie spine has been there since 2000 BCE

We lost by one point

Please get a fu7860g grip

We lost the first half by two and won the second by one - you know on second thoughts it was horrendous and I should now go and throw myself in front of a train!

Tosh post by a troll!

I know, the situation in the US elections is dreadful, the economy is heading down the swanny, the situation in Syria gets worse, climate change continues.. Brexit means Brexit (boot means boot as in computer, car and foot but hey ho). oh sorry you mean the game. Need to look at tactics and some positional aspects but hey the game ain't done over here yet. Could be worse soccer ain't won anything since the 60's

I'd forgotten about Brexit :(

Personally I thought it was a good game of footy and closing tight games was the only real issue.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Very, very valid point. The difference between the two teams at the play the ball was staggering. I would love to see some timed stats on the variation between tackle completion and restart for both. Anecdotally, I'd say that England were 20% faster in allowing the play the ball. It probably cost them the game.

I know the OP may seem OTT, but this is a forum and that's my opinion. That game was just the straw the broke the camels back for me. I know there are two more games for England - we'll beat Scotland and lose to Aus (we all know that will happen). So I'm just getting in early as we needed to beat NZ.

I'm out of options, ideas and excuses. If we can't win with Bennett, we should just pack it in.

I know the OP may seem OTT, but this is a forum and that's my opinion. That game was just the straw the broke the camels back for me. I know there are two more games for England - we'll beat Scotland and lose to Aus (we all know that will happen). So I'm just getting in early as we needed to beat NZ.

I'm out of options, ideas and excuses. If we can't win with Bennett, we should just pack it in.

Perhaps the Aussies shouldnt be allowed to pick any people who have played for other nations, or who are not Aussies?

Or perhaps we shouldnt let Aussie refs or video near international RL?

To be scrupulously fair, if we'd won today, somebody would have started an almost identical thread about why we should have beaten them by more and how the Kangaroos are going to stroll it against England and that we should "pack it in".

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived