1. 1. Who will win?

• England by 13 points or more
    • England by 7 to 12 points
    • England by 1 to 6 points
    • Draw
    • Scotland by 1 to 6 points
    • Scotland by 7 to 12 points
    • Scotland by 13 points or more

Should be a walk in the Park for England.

The biggest issue is do they stick with last weeks team or experiment.

Either way could spell trouble.

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

Feels to me like we played better against NZ than we did against them at the Olympic Stadium and worse than we did in the other 2 tests last year.

The half backs did show some promise, especially Widdops kick for Watkins and particularly when they combined for Halls try. I'm not sure what any new half backs can prove against Scotland. I think we are better placed to try and develop that partnership further against Scotland.

The centers are different issue though. They failed to fire at all. It could be argued the Percival and Rachford should start and if they can take passes at pace and link with wingers then they are the ones that play against Oz. After his France performance Im not sure Percival can step up to the Aussies, even if he is great against Scotland? Given Ratchford can play back row, should we give Sarginson, Watkins and Ratchford equal minutes in the centers against Scotland, and let Ratchford and Sam spell in the back row? Could also allow Hodgson to play at LF and see if he can build out his game and give Clark more minutes?

Maybe a little unorthodox but we need some answers for the Oz game

The depth of the England squad is the issue.

The first rate Centres have failed, the Halves have been uninspiring and the Fullback made some clangers.

Would the squad players fix this?

Look at the Aussies

Mansour, Moylan, Maloney, Woods, and Trbojevic.  all putting pressure on the First team to win a spot.

Happy now Spud?

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

Should be a comfortable win for England. From here on in we are faced with poor scheduling in terms of kick off dates and times and 2 games doesn't excite me on a November evening. Fortunately they only charge you for one so not so bad if you leave after the first one

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

We'll win about 30-10 and lose fairly comfortably to Australia, then not talk about international RL for 11.5 months.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

I know it is a but dull, but if Oz beat the Kiwis by 10 points, which is about what you would expect, then that makes them plus 52 and the kiwis minus 9. If we beat the Scots by 30 points (leaving us plus 29) then the Kiwis would have to beat the Scots by over 38 points the Friday before we play the Aussies for their points difference to be better than ours (and that scheduling works very much in our favour). If they don't then the Aussies only need to avoid defeat by 20 odd points to make the final. Not saying they would ever take their foot off the gas but their motivation may be less than ours.

If the kiwis instead beat the Aussies then our London game becomes a straight shoot out for second spot.

So, the bigger the Aussie win the better for us.

Kevin Brown for me too. Very good rugby brain.

Don't see why so many seem to have it in for Widdop. Head and shoulders our best stand-off.

dont have it in for widdop but think he could do a good job at fullback and let the faster williams and smarter brown create some chances which widdop could finish off and of course his goal kicking is tops as well

I know it is a but dull, but if Oz beat the Kiwis by 10 points, which is about what you would expect, then that makes them plus 52 and the kiwis minus 9. If we beat the Scots by 30 points (leaving us plus 29) then the Kiwis would have to beat the Scots by over 38 points the Friday before we play the Aussies for their points difference to be better than ours (and that scheduling works very much in our favour). If they don't then the Aussies only need to avoid defeat by 20 odd points to make the final. Not saying they would ever take their foot off the gas but their motivation may be less than ours.

If the kiwis instead beat the Aussies then our London game becomes a straight shoot out for second spot.

So, the bigger the Aussie win the better for us.

In the scenario you mentioned England would need to win by 12. 

In the scenario you mentioned England would need to win by 12.

Which one? We win by 30 against the Scots - so are plus 29. Kiwis lose to Oz by 10 so are minus 9. Kiwis beat Scots by 37 and we then just need to beat the Aussies. We don't need to finish ahead of the Aussies to play them in the final... (or is my maths wrong?)

Which one? We win by 30 against the Scots - so are plus 29. Kiwis lose to Oz by 10 so are minus 9. Kiwis beat Scots by 37 and we then just need to beat the Aussies. We don't need to finish ahead of the Aussies to play them in the final... (or is my maths wrong?)

Yes sorry thought you meant to overtake the Aussies etc. Problem is the Kiwis could easily rack up 60+ against the Scots in the last game. Minnows would presumably flag after playing 3 tough tests in 3 weeks.

Does anyone really think Widdop is better than either Williams or Brown?

The only thing he has that the others don't is an nrl contract.

I dont think there is a rl fan in England who would prefer Widdop to Williams or Sarginson to Percival or Mike Cooper to Walmsley/Taylor at their club.

But then England teams have never made much sense to me.

Does anyone really think Widdop is better than either Williams or Brown?

The only thing he has that the others don't is an nrl contract.

I dont think there is a rl fan in England who would prefer Widdop to Williams or Sarginson to Percival or Mike Cooper to Walmsley/Taylor at their club.

But then England teams have never made much sense to me.

sorry to disagree.  I actually hate to say this but Widdop played extremely well. In fact he controlled our play.  surely the question we should be asking is Gale world class.

As for sarginson for percival, cant disagree with that , thank god he has gone, accident waiting to happen.    As for Cooper  why compare a second rower to props, Farrell was outstanding in Wigans  manchester win, with bateman they destroyed  hull and warrington   .  Tayler is a far better player  than the twins, but then he plays in england unlike the burgess twins. 

yep  probably right nrl contract is the key

Archived