Legend....

BOLTON ROUGHYED

Just after he signed we played away, somewhere.  I always to prefer to stand but at that time I took my grandfather to away games and as he got older he'd prefer to be seated, so that's what we did.  Anyway, at whatever ground we were at, Brett was sat immediately behind us.  I remember turning round to him and asking him if he liked what he saw and was he up for it.  

It might have been at Barrow.  

Wouldn't it be nice if ORSA and/or RO..or the club! put on closed season functions featuring the likes of brett clarke..??

We're never gonna play australia or new zealand again...but a evening event featuring the touring sides,at the white hart or somewhere,with somekind of presentation by the heritage trust....

Is something id organise if i ran ORSA,RO,heritage trust..

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

Remember the first time I saw him play (not for us, for Huddersfield). Looked a class act and I was very pleased when we signed him.

Now.

Help me out here.

(I fear old age and too much booze over the years may have fuddled my brain).

Was the game at Hyde United's Ewen Fields ground? (Because that's what my dubious memory is telling me).

Too much for me that Bryan.... I do remember him playing against us for Fartown a couple of times and ripping us to bits at times and, as I said a few weeks back on facebook, he was one of those players who you just thought "FFS sign him so he can't do any more damage"..... Scott Ranson was another who made me feel like that when he was at Swinton.

Fantastic full back for us. Remember when he signed. It's funny how things change. Huddersfield were a lowly side then and we were on the up.

I suppose that this year Huddersfield finished bottom of Super League whereas we got promoted and bucked the trend by staying up a season later.

From small acorns. :)

Oh, and Wally Gibson, true legend. 

Looks like (as suspected), my memory ain't what it used to be.

A bit of googling has helped. It appears that yes, I did watch Wally Gibson play at Ewen Fields.

However, my "memory" of him playing for Huddersfield is way off beam, he was playing for us.

We played a Super League game there against Sheffield (no idea why - BP unavailable?).

Middle age.

Tsk.

Too much for me that Bryan.... I do remember him playing against us for Fartown a couple of times and ripping us to bits at times and, as I said a few weeks back on facebook, he was one of those players who you just thought "FFS sign him so he can't do any more damage"..... Scott Ranson was another who made me feel like that when he was at Swinton.

Well Scott Ranson was an underrated player in my opinion - had lots of pace and great finisher - if my memory serves me correctly you did sign from us (Swinton) didn't - you also signed Derek Bate as well, our other great winger of that period.

Archived