Muranka Makes Dons Move

Dons News

Jason Muranka has become the latest addition to the Doncaster RLFC squad we can confirm.

A powerful Serbian international, Muranka has spent the last few seasons in the Championship with Dewsbury Rams and adds versatility and work rate to the Dons pack as the club look to return to the Championship next season.

Dons Head Coach Gary Thornton couldn’t hide his delight at securing the services of the highly sought after forward.

He said: “Jason is a proven Championship player having spent 3 seasons with Dewsbury, and is also a current international with Serbia. He's also spent some time in League 1 at both Gloucester and Newcastle on loan deals so he has plenty of experience at League 1 and Championship level. 

“He is a very athletic back rower who can also cover in the front row. He has a terrific attitude to training and playing and will add agility and power to our strike on the edge.”

A combative operator, Muranka was eager to get going and be part of the longer term plans for Doncaster after meeting the club’s hierarchy. 

“Obviously I’m really happy and looking forward to a new challenge and getting stuck in really,” he said.

“I was in contact with Gary and came to see Carl (Hall) and really liked what they had to say and where the club’s going.

“It’s quite an exciting time at Doncaster. I wanted to be a part of it. The facilities are superb and it’s only going to benefit me and the rest of the team. Hopefully what I bring is consistency I like to feel I’m quite a consistent player.

“I played in the World Cup qualifiers (for Serbia) over the last few weeks, it was a really good experience, I learnt a lot. Obviously the results didn’t go our way but a valuable experience and good fun. My grandad’s actually from Serbia, I went last year for the first time and played in the European Championships.”

Season tickets for 2017 are now on sale! For more details CLICK HERE!

View the full article

Archived