Eorl Crabtree

One of the most underrated players of the last decade, a high quality prop who carried the Giants at times, the player who people say should do more but then is very noticeable when he isn't playing just what he brings to a team

A legend to the Claret and Gold faithful for his entire career, I wish him all the best

A very good player in his prime, and an engaging pundit too.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

He's moving to role on the commercial and marketing side of the club.

http://www.giantsrl.com/news/article/5749/crabtree-calls-time-on-stellar

He thought playing prop was a challenge - wait until he realises the reality of trying to attract people to watch the Giants.

He'll soon be begging for his old job back.

People called Romans they go the house

Very very nice guy, he was a good lad in his teens head screwed on and when he got older he was fiercely loyal to the Giants when he could have moved on for bigger bucks

Retirement comes for everyone, I would have liked to see him one last time in a winning Giants team

Thank you!

One of the most underrated players of the last decade, a high quality prop who carried the Giants at times, the player who people say should do more but then is very noticeable when he isn't playing just what he brings to a team

A legend to the Claret and Gold faithful for his entire career, I wish him all the best

A legend in Huddersfield yes but one of the most underrated players, take your claret and gold glasses off mate you are making yourself sound silly. A plodder at best.

Aye Crabtree was always very good against the Aussies, they couldn't seem to handle his size. I recall Cameron Smith trying to tackle him 1 on 1 a few years back and ended up on his backside.

I think Crabtree was a very good prop. He was pretty unconventional compared to most prop forwards. Usually bigger forwards break more tackles but are dodgier in defence, drop the ball more often and aren't particularly quick but he had the size of big forward but had the qualities of a work horse forward ie Graham and Hill. I think because he was similar in size to forwards like George Burgess for example they were expecting similar amounts of tackle busts ect but that wasn't really his game.

A legend in Huddersfield yes but one of the most underrated players, take your claret and gold glasses off mate you are making yourself sound silly. A plodder at best.

I wouldn't expect anything else from you, only one person here sounding silly and you know who you are. There's always one has to spoil it isn't there.

Archived