Kiwis not happy with derwent park

Havenfan13

shocking comments by the Kiwis , you would expect such words from prima donna premier league footballers and coaches and not from "men" playing the mens game on a decent grass pitch , they drew to an emerging nation , they should respect that and respect scotlands greatest ever result .

How embarrassing for the New Zealand people, how can a coach complain about the facilities and the pitch surface after there performance against a emerging nation side, Scotland wanted the game more than the Kiwis full stop,  on a few occasions New Zealand team showed their pedigree and broke the Scotland defence wide apart with some fantastic plays, so why couldn't they do that for the 80, simple a great performance from Scotland.

I seen this and immediately thought ....that's the last game you will see of that ilk at DP. Rfl will make sure of that.

The RFL would rather see an empty Ricoh Stadium than a full Derwent Park!

i think the rl have put a rule in place for the next world cup that grounds must have a capacity of 15,000 at least to get a game . so its probably the last representative game we will see up here....last night the handling was good , nobody was losing their feet on the grass , the ball ran truly when kicked , apart from turning the wind and rain off , what the hell was wrong with the pitch ?....face it new zealand , scotland wanted it more end of story !

The RFL would rather see an empty Ricoh Stadium than a full Derwent Park!

?

Empty Ricoh and full DP?

I make it that both stadiums were about 2/3 full

When was the last time DP was full and when was the last time theyy had 21000 there?

I realise that Friday night isnt ideal but neither was Bonfire night.

That said, I reckon both attendances were pretty good all things considered.

As an aside the Bears played Keighley there last year and had 1097 through the door and averaged about 500 at the Butts Park Arena and that compares very favourably with a lot of attendances in thd 3rd tier

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

Well said Bearman, seems its easy to knock Coventry regarding the 21k attendances, though the so called hotbeds of league ie Hull and Cumbria can only just get over 10k for a full international fixtures.

Friday for me was one of "I was there" moments , fantastic game of rugby and why the ground wasn't sold out baffles me.

I'm sure the usual excuses will come out,blame rfl, poor marketing, to expensive , poor facilities, but some of the best rugby players in the world were on our doorstep and yet we can't sell 10k tickets.

Best tickets were £20 so cost shouldn't have been an issue

No doubt the weather and the football would have knocked a few hundred off the gate

Disappointing not to match the RLWC crowds (7.5k), but those that were there enjoyed a very good game

Like I said the excuses would start, this should have been sold out months ago , no one would know what the weather was going to be like, once we start blaming the facilities for supporters , we are giving the powers that be an excuse to take the games to better stadia etc

A game of rugby is played on grass the stadium should

Mean nothing this is what happens when rugby league gets played at a football stadium the standard rises and forgets where the game started at on big fields

A game of rugby is played on grass the stadium should

Mean nothing this is what happens when rugby league gets played at a football stadium the standard rises and forgets where the game started at on big fields

What? I think your spell checker has gone berserk.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

Well said Bearman, seems its easy to knock Coventry regarding the 21k attendances, though the so called hotbeds of league ie Hull and Cumbria can only just get over 10k for a full international fixtures.

Friday for me was one of "I was there" moments , fantastic game of rugby and why the ground wasn't sold out baffles me.

I'm sure the usual excuses will come out,blame rfl, poor marketing, to expensive , poor facilities, but some of the best rugby players in the world were on our doorstep and yet we can't sell 10k tickets.

England v Scotland world cup qualifier, don't underestimate how many this chalked off the attendance, I would have been there with 4 others if this game hadn't been on TV and i'm sure there are hundreds more out there the same.

?

Empty Ricoh and full DP?

I make it that both stadiums were about 2/3 full

When was the last time DP was full and when was the last time theyy had 21000 there?

I realise that Friday night isnt ideal but neither was Bonfire night.

That said, I reckon both attendances were pretty good all things considered.

As an aside the Bears played Keighley there last year and had 1097 through the door and averaged about 500 at the Butts Park Arena and that compares very favourably with a lot of attendances in thd 3rd tier

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think our 10,000 capacity is counting the end where the scoreboard is, which as we know hasn't been used for years. as for previous "record" attendances it's very unlikely security would of been good in them times. If you looked round the stadium on Friday it was pretty much chocker. IMO being in the ground on Friday the atmosphere sounded a lot better than any of the other games. but I might just have my Cumbria blinkers on

Archived