RLIF 8 year plan

There has been masses of work put into getting this into place.

Sadly, the RFL has such low quality personnel that the game here will never realise its potential on its own. Happily, the RLIF can take over organising the major events in the next 8 years...

I managed to track down my 8 year plan thing, which envisages 2 4 yearly cycles, with a World Cup and International 8 team Cup, a tour to Oz and NZ, and the Kiwis coming here. With a mid season international window each year.

Next year, England plan to play Samoa down under next May and a warm up game here before playing the Kiwis in a warm up Down Under. So, we may have just one home international next year. in 2018 we would have another mid season international window and a Kiwi tour while other countries play tournaments to determine who plays in the 2019 8 team tournament. 2020 will have a GB/England tour and parallel second tier competitions, prior to the 2021 World Cup.

Now, as a confirmed internationalist, I think that this signals a golden era for our game, with far more nations being involved far more regularlay in meaningful competitions. We can expect PNG to improve off the back of the Hunters, Fiji to improve off the back of their NSW team, and for the pacific nations to have more regular Tests than ever. For France and Wales, they can target qualification for the 8 team and full World Cup, building off an encouraging crowd in Avignon, and good performances by them both.

So, there is a plan which helps a broader group of nations, within which, say, the US and Canada will play a bigger part.

The challenge for England is to make sure we make the most of this. We should be playing 6 games at least every year, but there will be some years where most of those games are overseas. that said, we have a World Cup in 2021 to look forward to.

For my part, I think it is impossible to under state the possibilities opened up by Scotland and Wales' recent victories - one showing the 4th nation can, on their day, rock the elite, and the other seeing a genuinely home grown team beating a very good standard heritage Italian team.

The outlook for the international game is incomparably more rosy than when I started watching the game.

Need to get more games, even if it's just one off matches for some countries. I'd like to see a summer tournament between England, Wales and France and another one between Scotland, Ireland and Italy/Russia/Serbia. Also a Pacific tournament would be great. Also we should be looking at bringing US, Canada and Lebanon to face teams from the Pacific and Europe, get them more involved at the top table. And finally, we should be looking at u17 and u19 World Cups with no heritage players.

Need to get more games, even if it's just one off matches for some countries. I'd like to see a summer tournament between England, Wales and France and another one between Scotland, Ireland and Italy/Russia/Serbia. Also a Pacific tournament would be great. Also we should be looking at bringing US, Canada and Lebanon to face teams from the Pacific and Europe, get them more involved at the top table. And finally, we should be looking at u17 and u19 World Cups with no heritage players.

This!!

No. 7 is a good one. I've never understood why there are domestic laws of the game and international.Things like two referees in the NRL, the zero tackle in Super League, etc. I don't think there's another sport on this planet that has differing laws according to where you live as to what variety of the sport you see. Experimental Law Variations and trials exempt of course.

If it's not broke,

Fix it until it is!

Come On You Dons!

No. 7 is a good one. I've never understood why there are domestic laws of the game and international.Things like two referees in the NRL, the zero tackle in Super League, etc. I don't think there's another sport on this planet that has differing laws according to where you live as to what variety of the sport you see. Experimental Law Variations and trials exempt of course.

ice hockey does

PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/article/8790/join-team-wales-for-2013

Predictions for the future -

Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG

Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT

Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG

Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/

http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!

http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

Baseball has different rules between the two different leagues within American major league baseball and uses the home team's rules when they play world series games. And the rules are different again for other leagues around the world.

netball, wrestling and American football also.

Doesn't Major League Baseball have two different sets of rules within itself?

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

I stand corrected chaps. Points taken, but it'd be nice to have one set of rules for all and neutral refs in internationals.

If it's not broke,

Fix it until it is!

Come On You Dons!

Archived