Bradford.

The Art of Hand and Foot

From the official RFL statement,seems like the RFL can impose whatever course of action they see fit. Wakefield and Crusaders were deducted 4 points when they went into administration in 2010 and Bradford 6 last time in 2014. Considering it is only 2 years since the last spell in administration the RFL may see a heavier punishment is in order this time,or then again bail them out again. Who knows,be interesting to see the punishment when it arrives.

This is what the RFL have to say.........

Following the announcement earlier today that Bradford Bulls has been placed into administration, an RFL Spokesperson, said:

“We have been communicating closely with Bradford Bulls and we are aware of the decision to place the club into administration.

“It is undoubtedly a painful and uncertain time for supporters, players and employees. In these circumstances the RFL will always seek to support a club in difficulty for the sake of those directly affected and also on behalf of the Chairmen and Boards of well managed clubs who deserve stability.”

“Any decision regarding membership of the RFL and possible sporting sanctions will be made in due course and are at the discretion of the RFL Board."

it was 2912 and 2014 how must Whitehaven and Workington feel when they have played to the rules and have been relegated.  whilst Bradford and Sheffield had grossly overspent.

just think as i have said before if whitehaven had scored 3 more points it would have been us that would have been relegated. how would Oldham supporters have felt now about this.

Bradford did indeed go into administration in 2012 ,after the administration was sorted they were given a 1 year probationary license to continue to operate.

Whitehaven would have had to win 2 games more than us which they didn't,even if you took Bradfords results from last season out of the equation the two bottom clubs would still have been relegated. If we had beaten Bradford twice contributing 4 points to our final total it may have had a different story.

The Bradford story this time may not be about overspending as such but a disputed HMRC tax bill. They have not broken the salary cap as far as I know. Its not quite about playing to the RL rules but more that this disputed tax bill has tipped the owner over the edge.

sorry about the 9 but this is the third time in 4 years they have done this and on the first two only deducted 6 points each time.

surely they must be relegated this time if not it is a absolute insult to the directors of other clubs who a playing to the rules.

They did get points deducted in 2012.(sorry Tandle)

This is what the Bradford Chairman has to say.....

“I have been talking to a number of serious investors and purely the pressure from HMRC has forced the club to be put into this position to save its future,” explained Chairman Marc Green.

“There is a dispute between ourselves and HMRC which we have been working hard to resolve since the winding up petition was issued and despite two adjournments from the courts to resolve this matter we have been unable to do so. We were concerned over the ability to secure a third adjournment and therefore this action became unavoidable to protect the club.

“I will be working closely with the Administrators over the coming weeks and it is my intention to regain this club from them within the shortest practicable time frame.”

He further stated: “Regardless of whether I remain at the helm of this great club, I will ensure all memberships already purchased for next season will remain valid, as will the offer under which they were purchased. I believe the future of Bradford Bulls is still strong.”

So its not about playing to the rules as far as Rugby League goes but as a business they clearly have a dispute with the taxman. Until that dispute is settled,I have no idea what will happen. The business clearly has an issue with HMRC, the owner doesn't want to pay what he claims is a wrong bill and seems to have tried to rectify it with no success.

Relegation if this is the only issue which has caused Bradford to go into administration is perhaps not the answer on this occasion.

I guess we all wait to see what the folk at Red Hall decide. O

I can assure you they where deducted 6 points on the 25th of july 2012. and again on the 25th of july 2014

and regarding the final championship table if we had lost to Whitehaven we would have finished on 18 points whilst Whitehaven would have had 19 points check the table.

To be honest this has come out after the season and is a business issue with HMRC,they didn't operate outside the rules or break the salary cap during the season. Therefore I wouldn't feel "cheated" if we had been in the Cumbrian's situation. I can't see Bradford being relegated unless they go completely bust and reform as we did back in 1997. Points deduction and close scrutiny from the RFL is most likely if Bradford manage to resolve the issues quickly.

Bradford were a huge club and still have a large fanbase and support from the business community. The income that this generates will probably still allow them to operate as a full time club whatever happens over next few weeks.

If that is the case then they could well still be the team to beat and even with a six point deduction could be top of the league by Easter.

Whilst I have every sympathy for the fans who have gone through a lot since they were top of super league I dont think another points deduction is much of a penalty for the club.

What,with one thing and another this coming 2017 season is going to be interesting. Promotion, relegation, administration,it's all happening. I'm looking forward to a great season in which we all hope to do better than last season (although last season the team was imense considering the size of the squad).It'll be interesting what happens at the Bradford club over the coming weeks.

does anybody know if Bradford have been paid the £450.000 they earned by finishing 5th in the championship.

if not it is a legitimate debt owed by the rfl to Bradford bulls because it was before administration.

I think the payment is not a prize for coming fifth but the amount they will be paid to compete in the coming season. So will only be paid if they do compete.

cheers aht so if they are relegated they should only get £70.000. so if they just get points deducted will they still get the £45O.000 which will be not much of a penalty.

and if somebody buys the club which looking at the Bradford  news is going to happen the bulls will be laughing their socks off. 

Archived