Bradford Bulls

Monkeymagic22

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That story on the Love Rugby League website does not match the headline they have printed to accompany it

"Kicked out" mentioned when it doesnt even mention being kicked out rather a potential demotion can occur

Some supporters who will remember 1995 and beyond will be licking their lips at this news, however it is financial disaster for everyone if they dont make it through the other side - that big gate of 3k, 4k fans that wouldve come and the money they generated to keep us going - Gone

After our match against them which resulted in us reaching the top four I found out that their current owner wasnt attending their most important match of the season but instead was on holiday.Alarm bells rang then for me to how much he really cared for the club.Before this crash they raised over a million to get them out of their last demise and that hasnt worked due to very bad management.I think this time after the failings Bradford are going to be badly punished and I feel sorry for the thousands of supporters that have still kept watching them even after falling into a lower division.

According to one poster it's fev's fault that this has occupied.

Bazzer, 

That's not how I read it, I believe they we're implying that it was the Bradford players' fault for losing at Fev.

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

Just one big comedy of errors. If they had been a blue chip company, they

would have been consigned to the bin bag a few years ago.

Sorry for the fans and the game in general, but I am afraid that life can

be cruel if you don't keep the finger on the pulse.

It always intrigues me that successful business men lose it when they try to run a sports club. The criteria is just the same. Run it as a business and cash flow is all important. Diversification to be used to generate further income and full use of all assets. Here endeth the first lesson.

According to handle xiii

"We were screwed over to keep Fev breathing"

That doesn't sound like he's blaming bradford players

Not that it really matters that much, but for my curiosity, so that I can read the quote in context, can you point me at the link for this quote, since I can't find it.

PS I assume you mean "hindle xiii" not "handle xiii" since I can't find a "handle xiii"

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

Tongue-in-cheek means 'suppressed mirth'. I am sorry but the original message suggested that someone had made them ineffective to enhance our chance of survival. Hardly suppressed humour.  

I also said this was a ruse to boost the League 1 crowds with our away following.

It was my dry, sarcastic, gallows humour at play. Don't take owt to heart.

• 4 weeks later...

It's imperative and in our own interest that the Bulls exist and stay in the championship. We play them on Easter Monday and the crowd would be swelling. They've been led by pompous and greedy go getters in the past with self interest. They've got about 5000 horrible fans that's the ones that haven't turned up for the last two years or so. But they have got some good fans that have carried on regardless. Let's not hate them because of the Caisleys regime. I for one hope they survive.

Archived