Another part of the jigsaw.

Logic

Good to hear the news this morning, that we are continuing our dual-registration with Huddersfield for the 2017 season. Also interested that there were other clubs interested in pairing up with us, proving that what is happening at Oldham is now receiving recognition for the way the club handles such a relationship, to the mutual benefit of both partners. Another positive part of the 2017 jigsaw. 

Surprised about this. We didn't get much from Hudds last year aside from Dickinson who was steady rather than spectacular. I thought with Anderson leaving we'd go on our own and maybe loan a couple of players as the season started. If we could get a decent winger out of Hudds for the season i'd be pretty happy as we are short there and maybe someone like Olly Roberts in the pack would be good.

Worked how DR should work for me last season, I suppose its a tried and tested partnership although we don't know what Huddersfield's new coach thinks of DR. Definitely could do with a few quality players from them this season when needed. I didn't think we did too bad out of them last season with Tyler being the obvious one, but Sam Wood, Liam Johnson and Kruze Leeming contributed when we needed them. I just pray we don't get as many injuries as last season, on paper our "own" squad is more than a match for most clubs on paper at least. DR will definitely be needed if ,as I believe we are running with a squad of 22/23 which imho is a bit on the light side,but the signings we have made are quality players, we are probably ok in the forwards but could do with some cover in the backs/half backs for sure. Be interesting to see how we use DR this season, as Tosh says if the partnership also worked out for help with medical stuff/conditioning etc then I don't really see a need to change at the moment, although as previously stated by Logic, having other clubs interested in pairing with us is a sure sign that people are taking notice of what the club are trying to achieve. All good news really.

Archived