TRL Helpdesk

I've been asked to create a series of giant canvas prints for the charity where I work.

They will be hung on the walls.  Probably for years.

I've now been told that in order to comply with the H&S certification of the building the canvases have to be fireproof.

Does anyone know how easy such canvases are to locate and of any 'high street' printer that uses them?

I've tried googling and I just seem to end up with with Photobox links.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

I've been asked to create a series of giant canvas prints for the charity where I work.

They will be hung on the walls.  Probably for years.

I've now been told that in order to comply with the H&S certification of the building the canvases have to be fireproof.

Does anyone know how easy such canvases are to locate and of any 'high street' printer that uses them?

I've tried googling and I just seem to end up with with Photobox links.

Not sure what words you were Googling, but i found this: http://www.fireproofspray.co.uk/fire-proof-spray-for-natural-materials-1-c.asp

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Not sure what words you were Googling, but i found this: http://www.fireproofspray.co.uk/fire-proof-spray-for-natural-materials-1-c.asp

I should have said: I also don't know whether claims for sprays and the like are enough.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

I should have said: I also don't know whether claims for sprays and the like are enough.

You'll have to research the actual wording and definitions in the certification. "fireproof" isn't really a term i've seen before. "Fire resistant",  "fire retardant ",  " conforming to standard xyz"  is however, ie to withstand temperatures of xxx degrees for xxx amount of time. And then see if the product you choose conforms to those requirements.

http://www.whaleys-bradford.ltd.uk/fabrics/section-f-flameproofed-fabrics

You'll have to research the actual wording and definitions in the certification. "fireproof" isn't really a term i've seen before. "Fire resistant",  "fire retardant ",  " conforming to standard xyz"  is however, ie to withstand temperatures of xxx degrees for xxx amount of time. And then see if the product you choose conforms to those requirements.

Cheers.

What he said; the onus is on those people making the demands to actually specify what they mean.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

The RFU sell some very fine canvas prints of Jonny Wilkinson. I can't comment on their fire resistant qualities but given the divine powers of Saint Jonny I would have thought these would be a safe bet.

No need to thank me

Judges on Bexhill Road, just before Harley Shute Rd might be able to help, the printers out side Asda, Silverhill may also be able to help.

Cheers.

The RFU sell some very fine canvas prints of Jonny Wilkinson. I can't comment on their fire resistant qualities but given the divine powers of Saint Jonny I would have thought these would be a safe bet.

No need to thank me

Wouldn't burning an effigie of the sainted one not count as treason? :unsure:

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

You'd ###### on a 1,000 doves ? Takes all sorts I suppose....

This is a family website, please take this sort of stuff elsewhere. I am sure there must be a site that caters for this kind of thing...

Archived