Dane Manning

Kevin Nicholas

Had a few hiccups in relation to him being our player but thankfully now sorted and will formally become our player today on a 2 year contract. We are delighted now with our 29 man squad. Was finished at 28 players really but when chance to sign such a quality player from a big rival came had to push boat out and get him back where he belongs!!

Good stuff Dane's a great player and I think we're all looking forward to seeing him back at the mount

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Good to see the website seems to be up and running again

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

His heart was set on Halifax until he'd to take a pay cut. Good move by Batley though, deffo weakens Fax.

I bet promising to pay him every month must have swung it over the other two.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

I bet promising to pay him every month must have swung it over the other two.

In his time at Fax Manning got paid every week apart from the week where they were asked to take a cut where they only got part payment. Again though a really good signing for Batley as long as he gets over his injury and I can see Batley possibly challenging Hull Kr and london in that top 3(I would add Bradford in because on paper they have a very good squad this season but their points deduction will harm them).

In his time at Fax Manning got paid every week apart from the week where they were asked to take a cut where they only got part payment. Again though a really good signing for Batley as long as he gets over his injury and I can see Batley possibly challenging Hull Kr and london in that top 3(I would add Bradford in because on paper they have a very good squad this season but their points deduction will harm them).

Relegation should harm them a bit more

If there's justice ;)

Not going to happen

Well it should,too many chances for Bradford, there has to be financial restraints put on them because they are not learning from mistakes.. If they're not gonna get relegated.. What's the point having rules that other club follow.

If they get only a 6 point deduction for this latest administration the games a bigger laughing stock than it is in the eyes of those out of the M62 corridor.

It's of most concern to me that Bradford have entered administration despite charging fans through the nose for admission over the last two years and splashing out on a number of very costly players for 2017 in recent months. It smacks of either arrogance or rank stupidity and ineptitude (or a combination of both).

What I'm looking for is someone who can contribute to what England has given to the world: culture, sophistication, genius. A little bit more than an 'ot dog, know what I mean?

It's of most concern to me that Bradford have entered administration despite charging fans through the nose for admission over the last two years and splashing out on a number of very costly players for 2017 in recent months. It smacks of either arrogance or rank stupidity and ineptitude (or a combination of both).

Bang on

I'm sure they didn't just wake up one morning,and the administration order didn't just drop thru the letterbox.

When signing all the players recently they must have been aware of money troubles

For me they have decieved these players,decieved their fans..and most of all decieved the rugby league family

Punishment has to be server and extreme

3 times in 4 years is shambolic.

Bang on

I'm sure they didn't just wake up one morning,and the administration order didn't just drop thru the letterbox.

When signing all the players recently they must have been aware of money troubles

For me they have decieved these players,decieved their fans..and most of all decieved the rugby league family

Punishment has to be server and extreme

3 times in 4 years is shambolic.

Yep, we RL fans always follow every rule to the letter - so should they!

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Yes the ''smaller''clubs follow the rules and live within tight financial budgets...but remember BRADFORD are ex super duper league their above all financial constraints the championship league have ...or so they think

The book really should be thrown at them this time .....this is the third time there can be no excuses

It's a business a very badly run one at that .

Yes the ''smaller''clubs follow the rules and live within tight financial budgets...but remember BRADFORD are ex super duper league their above all financial constraints the championship league have ...or so they think

The book really should be thrown at them this time .....this is the third time there can be no excuses

It's a business a very badly run one at that .

Agreed. For whatever reason the situation(bad planning or whatever you call it) has hit us hard but our board has had to make cuts that has ultimately cost people their jobs to safe guard the future of our club. The Bradford board seem unwilling to do the same and as has been mentioned just continue to strengthen their team for the coming season.

On a side note Im sure that Fax are happy to negotiated a fee for Dane no matter how small.

This has been put on fax forum under haggerty thread , sounds like there blaming us and not there board

Speaking in a purely personal capacity Tony, and using your thread to put a relevant point across, I think It's unrealistic of people to expect the Club to make announcements about anything until things are definite, paperwork signed etc. etc. as it would look pretty stupid if events took a turn. Look at the Ye Olde Oak premature announcement for instance, and the Dane Manning furore. Although nothing was actually signed and the Club was desperately trying to negotiate with Dane they couldn't stop Batley making an announcement even though it could easily have blown up in their faces. 

Batley knew an early announcement would increase the pressure on Dane and it seemed to work

IMG_0583.JPG

Half of Batley knew he was ours even before the club announced it. Players know what's going on. The bottom line is he was asked to take a pay cut, he refused, as was his right. He told Fax he wouldn't play for them again. Then trying to deflect things away from the problems internally Dane Manning and Batley are being made out as the bad boys

I would say ....look at how all this started. ....Pay cut !!!. ...WHY??

As 9 oller says....he's ours now for 2 years.

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

Archived