NCL 2017 applications

Do all 3 entrants have youth setups?

What happened to Doncaster Toll Bar - did they not apply or not meet some criteria?

What does the future hold for Cas Panthers now - will they compete in Yorkshire Premier?

Would have thought they'd get put in division 1 to begin with but depends on what the YML decide and where there's space

Half the clubs don't run 'A' teams any more even though that is a requirement. What can we do if people don't want to commit to Rugby League any more? That is why standards are slipping - because if we enforced all of the rules we would lose half of the teams. Just about every club I visited last season was complaining about players lacking commitment and a lack of volunteers to run clubs.

Did West Bowling use this ground about 20+ years ago when they played in the Pennine League? I just looked up on Google maps and it looks familiar. They used to strip at a pub on Manchester Road and you had to walk to the pitch. I may be wrong though.

You're right Mr Rooster, the criteria is slipping fast since the switch to Summer Rugby, e.g. no programmes/no 'A' teams

Do all 3 entrants have youth setups?

What happened to Doncaster Toll Bar - did they not apply or not meet some criteria?

What does the future hold for Cas Panthers now - will they compete in Yorkshire Premier?

Moorends seem to have sorted their internal problems out that had bearing on  them plummeting down the leagues in the last three seasons, this sorting has seen all their players returning for the winter season from Doncaster Toll Bar, Bentley GC and Union.

The players have committed to a full winter season with the Marauders who have also started a junior section with around 50 kids training.

Interesting fixture this weekend, Doncaster Toll Bar v Moorends Marauders 2pm Kick-Off

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

Agreed. Amateur Rugby League is my passion and to see clubs like Heworth in their current situation pains me. I feel so sorry for people like Ken Sykes who works tirelessly for that club. Millom and Saddleworth Rangers are two great clubs who have had their share of problems in the past, although they didn't drop out of the NCL. They bounced back as their youth teams came to fruition. Lets hope the same happens with Heworth.

Great posts guys re Heworth - a magnificent venue and not far from the centre of historic York. This is why I and Neal Coupland put the York 9s there. A fantastic sight to see 1,500 fans packed in watching the big matches on the main pitch.

I played in the 9's as a guest for a couple of teams when it first started. What a great event that was.

• 2 weeks later...

Happy memories playing at Clock Face for St Albans 2nds in a friendly many years ago, rocked up with only 10 players after the 1sts had drafted a few in for the National League 3 fixture in Warrington.  Clock Face kindly lent us a few players, but one of there lads got sent off whilst playing for us, but while the ref was sorting out the aftermath (and St Albans players looked on bemused!) another Clock Face lad ran on for us and we carried on playing with 13, despite trying to point it out, admitedly half heartedly to the ref be he having none of it!

Then the lad who'd been sent off came back on, was an amusing shambles and cracking coach ride back to St Albans if memory serves, one off licence in St Helens must have thought they'd won the lottery when 30 odd thirsty lads stocked up for the journey home!

Good luck to all teams making the step up next season, especially Clock Face!

Only an NCL official can confirm this accurately Lionel or a club official who is directly involved in finances and I don't think you are going to get anybody to come out on a open forum and speak about their clubs finances. My own club charge players £5 per game to play but I know of at least one other that pays reasonable expenses, perfectly within the rules. The thing is - what one club decides is reasonable expenses may be completely different to what another club decides is reasonable expenses? Northampton, Hemel and Nottingham have all played in the NCL.

Archived