2017 Final table

I just don't see it with Leeds. I know they had alot to contend with last year, and I fully expect them to improve and safely make the 8. But they were truly awful for large spells last year. Can what is essentially the same group of players really go from being rubbish to genuine contenders in a year?

I initially tipped them to scrape 4th, but now Segeyaro has jumped ship I can't see them doing much better than 6th unless they can unearth a couple of gems before the season gets underway.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remind me of Wigan's in and outs that has made them best my a mile?

Sam tomkins wasn't right last year and was carrying injuries, we should see a return to form next year from him. Burgess in for charnley. Leulei in for Smith. I am one of a few it seems that still rated smith but tommy will add something special to the team again. The return to fitness of clubb, mcclorum and Joel tomkins. Tierney and williams will grow from the 4 nations tests.

Players not even in the first thirteen read as:

1 escare

2 Davies

3 batemen

4 higginson

5 ?

6 ?

7 shorrocks

8 clubb

9 Powell

10 Sutton

11 tautai

12 Gregson

13 isa

Seriously that thirteen (ok 11, I cant get a 5 or 6) would challenge or possibly beat some clubs first teams.

Stein apparently can't get players in and doesn't trust what he's got, with team spirit poor, it's said the genius of Brough is their only hope which means Stein maybe has to let the little fella do the business his way, which leaves Stein beholden to Brough. 

Who's this Stein guy, is he another signing we've not heard about?

I think Wigan deserve to be favourites after what they did last year, but I do fancy Hull to finally break the big four dominance this year. If The Kelly gamble is a success then we will be very hard to beat.

Shaul

Talanoa, Griffin, Tuimavave, Fonua

Kelly, Sneyd

Taylor, Houghton, Watts

Minichiello, Manu

Ellis

Bowden, Green, Hadley, Connor

There's some serious talent there, and alot of good players vying for a place too.

Ahhh... The big 4 dominance

Wigan 2016

Leeds 2015

Saints 2014

Wire 1955

I think that'll be the big 3 these days. Mind you, still preferable to the big 1 from times not too distant.

Forever in our shadow, forever on your mind.

Sam tomkins wasn't right last year and was carrying injuries, we should see a return to form next year from him. Burgess in for charnley. Leulei in for Smith. I am one of a few it seems that still rated smith but tommy will add something special to the team again. The return to fitness of clubb, mcclorum and Joel tomkins. Tierney and williams will grow from the 4 nations tests.

Neither Tomkins will be right for next season with question marks over the long term fitness of both and Leulei will miss pretty much all pre-season with his broken jaw meaning he wont be fit or may not even make the start of the season.

I still think Wigan will be right up there as one of the top contenders but they may well struggle for some early season form, and I certainly can't see them, or anybody else pulling away from the rest.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

Neither Tomkins will be right for next season with question marks over the long term fitness of both and Leulei will miss pretty much all pre-season with his broken jaw meaning he wont be fit or may not even make the start of the season.

I still think Wigan will be right up there as one of the top contenders but they may well struggle for some early season form, and I certainly can't see them, or anybody else pulling away from the rest.

It's a broken jaw,not a leg so he will doing plenty of non contact pre season work,although there are question marks about Leuluai's injury record over the last few years as well as Wigans lack of depth at centre,can Gildart cope with a full season and can Gelling cut out the brain farts and play consistently over a long period.

1. Wigan

2. Saints

3. Hull

4. Castleford

5.Warrington

6. Leeds

7. Salford

8. Wakefield

9. Catalans

10.Huddersfeild

11.Widnes

12. Leigh

Huddersfield are a worry with there coach already making excuses about his squad, Wigan look very strong again.

Extract from the Leigh Director of Rugby, Derek Beaumont's column 2 weeks ago:-

"I informed the group that they would set their own goals with the coaching staff and whilst I personally thought they were good enough to finish in the top eight there was no pressure to do so.

As a board our only expectation was to be in Super League in 2018 and how that was achieved was irrelevant.

If we have to do that by the Million Pound Game then so be it, Super League survival is the target.

We discussed how we were prepared as a board and as a coaching group for the worst case scenario and the possibility of being bottom on zero points after the first quarter. This will not phase us, we will be ready for what comes our way.

We are not under pressure, we want to enjoy the occasions the potential full houses and the fantastic atmospheres we will encounter.

Jukesy then took over followed by Cookie, Kieron and Nathan and the team set its own standards and goals which will remain private to the group until the appropriate time at the end of the season."

Seems to have learned from his predictions last year,

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

I'll just go  for the top 3    

1)  Hull  , ..like  Rhinos before them they will learn from last season  expect at least LLS from them  

2)  Cas - on paper they look strong... time for DP to deliver  n silence the Rhinos fans who say he is better than Mac n should be back coaching Rhinos. 

3) Wigan well they got to be up there I suppose. 

No treble this season either.   

If i were a betting man i would hazard a Groat or two on Wakey surprising a few yet again, Not saying they will set the league on fire, but i would bet on them not finishing bottom, Where most are forecasting them , I think they are putting together a respectable squad, much will depend on Chester of course.

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

1.Leeds

2. Warrington

3. Wigan

4. St Helens

5. Hull

6. Catalans

7. Salford

8. Leigh

9. Castleford

10 Widnes

11. Huddersfield

12. Wakefield

Leigh the seasons surprise team in the early half of the season catching one or two clubs out, bit like Widnes when they first came up. Early season impetus will see them get into the eight.

That said any of the clubs I have listed from 6 to 10 are interchangable on the table

Leeds receive the curse of the rooster, Which I can do safelty from my keyboard thuis avoiding the steely eyed glare of the ex-Royal Marine in charge. Sorry Mac :notme:

The Coaching Sack race... Rick Stone, Laurent Frayssinous, Chris Chester and.... Tony Smith

Who is the mystery pundit named by Parky pulling no punches with his predictions.....

1 Wigan

2 saints

3 Warrington

4 castleford

5 Leigh

6 widnes

7 Catalans

8 hull

9 Leeds

10 huddersfield

11 salford

12 Wakefield

Grand final winners Warrington

Challenge cup winners castkeford

1. Hull

2. Wigan

3. Castleford

4. Warrington

5. St Helens

6. Leeds

7. Leigh

8. Huddersfield

9. Catalans

10. Widnes

11. Salford

12. Wakefield

1. Rovers

2. London

3. Halifax

4. Toulouse

Fev will do well to top the Championship

A man they love to hate but who maybe knows a bit...

RL in England could do a lot worse than listen to the likes Schofield & Shaun Wane.

RL in England could do a lot worse than listen to the likes Schofield & Shaun Wane.

By listening to Wayne Bennet?

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Archived