New £5 contains animal fat

Independent story

This is just a rant from vegetarians for now.  The next one will be when we find out which animal "donated" the fat, it'd be just so fitting with 2016 if it turns out to contain pig lard. :D

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

I know a couple of vegans who will genuinely be having a hard time mentally about this given the lengths they go to to avoid any and all animal products.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

To support the vegan/vegetarian folk I will be setting up an ethical, organic, animal free £5 note re-homing/disposal service that is available for them to use. I am seeking celebrity endorsement and it will be launched using a variety of naked vegetarian supermodels wearing nothing but lettuce.

I wonder if I can get a government grant for this

To support the vegan/vegetarian folk I will be setting up an ethical, organic, animal free £5 note re-homing/disposal service that is available for them to use. I am seeking celebrity endorsement and it will be launched using a variety of naked vegetarian supermodels wearing nothing but lettuce.

I wonder if I can get a government grant for this

As an extra selling point, you could promise to use the "rehomed" money in ethical and non-cruel ways, including allowing the supermodels to double their calorie intake by eating the lettuce leaves you give them and buying your new mid-life crisis toys.  Obviously, I'd prefer you didn't use supermodels, that's exploitation of dumb animals, I'd rather some healthier looking celebrities or Strictly Come Dancing female professional dancers.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Independent story

This is just a rant from vegetarians for now.  The next one will be when we find out which animal "donated" the fat, it'd be just so fitting with 2016 if it turns out to contain pig lard. :D

[/

quote]

So that's why they keep slipping through my fingers.

The world and some of the occupants, gets dafter.

As an extra selling point, you could promise to use the "rehomed" money in ethical and non-cruel ways, including allowing the supermodels to double their calorie intake by eating the lettuce leaves you give them and buying your new mid-life crisis toys.  Obviously, I'd prefer you didn't use supermodels, that's exploitation of dumb animals, I'd rather some healthier looking celebrities or Strictly Come Dancing female professional dancers.

Are the strictly dancers available in gluten free varieties? 

This is terrible.

If anyone feels they cannot handle these £5 notes because of the use of animal fats (remember it could be PORK fat)

PM me for my address and you can send them to me and I will reemburse you the postage costs.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

I am just waiting to see what kind of adverts Googles throws at me after typing that.....

Just the standard rugger ###### ones.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Only a cockwomble would not have foreseen issues with this.

And cockwomble passes....

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

Perhaps some form of genetically modified mammalian / crustacean could be used so it could donate body parts that would then regrow.

If only a reputable company had already invested many years and up to 50p in research.

Count me in!

I've passed your contact details on to Anton du Beke.

Thank me as soon as is convenient.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Can I just point out  this is not just a vegetarian/vegan thing, it is a Muslim/Sikh/Hindu thing also?

Stop being white elitist, northern, put down, English for a minute. and realise there might be people who are not White, Northern, English, who support Rugby League on here for a minute, and realise there may be people with different ideological beliefs out there, considering we now live in the 21st Century?

Can I just point out  this is not just a vegetarian/vegan thing, it is a Muslim/Sikh/Hindu thing also?

Stop being white elitist, northern, put down, English for a minute. and realise there might be people who are not White, Northern, English, who support Rugby League on here for a minute, and realise there may be people with different ideological beliefs out there, considering we now live in the 21st Century?

Sikhs and Hindus are already involved in the concerns about the new notes.

As for Muslims and Jews, I suppose it depends if the tallow traces contain any pork at all. I haven't seen any positive or negative claims about that yet. But tallow is usually just beef fat, as far as I know.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Can I just point out this is not just a vegetarian/vegan thing, it is a Muslim/Sikh/Hindu thing also?

hey, we werent being those things - we were just writing swear words to beat tge filter.

Can I just point out this is not just a vegetarian/vegan thing, it is a Muslim/Sikh/Hindu thing also?

Yes, because believing in sky pixies who tell you what you can and cannot eat and touch is so 21st century isn't it?

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Archived