Time for a new subforum?

Given that so many topics have droned on for months on the subject of scoring petty party political points, maybe this can be hived off to a separate section. There, people can endlessly insult each other and Google'n'link articles that agree with their worldview to their hearts' content. We could call it the 'Screaming into the Abyss' forum.

Then the AOB/AOS forum can be reserved for normal, civilised people who aren't obsessed with picking at the same sore until the heat death of the universe.

How about it?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I suppose it'd be difficult to find anyone willing to moderate that section.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

AOB is weighed down from time to time with political threads especially during elections and when bigger events occur as in recent times with the referendum and the US election but the thread titles usually give you a heads up on what it's about so once you have identified its content you can then choose to ignore it and move on to other less political threads if you choose or participate/read on.

In the blink of an eye it could all be taken away.  Be grateful always.

I suppose it'd be difficult to find anyone willing to moderate that section.

Pfffft... that's nothing once you've moderated a cross-code forum with frothy mouthed sorts who think anyone who has ever watched a game of union deserves to be reserved an eternity of hell with Katie Hopkins and Piers Morgan.  Oh and the same bone thick trolls who post 100 inane things then hope that they won't get spotted when they suddenly do nothing but post on cross-code.  The Dalai Lama would lose it with that forum after six months on the job...

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

I blame Brexit. :P

No doubt someone else will be along soon to tell me I'm wrong and it's all the fault of the EU. :D

I blame Uncle Mo.  Imagine the peace and harmony in rugby league without him and Wigan...

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

I blame Uncle Mo. Imagine the peace and harmony in rugby league without him and Wigan...

One phrase almost guaranteed to cause harmony among RL folk. :D

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

One phrase almost guaranteed to cause harmony among RL folk. :D

I remember meeting my grand father in law (is that a real term) 12 years ago when I proposed to my now wife. He was a good hull KR fan and I remember listening to a 30 minute rant after he found out I was a wiganner where he blamed Wigan and Maurice Lindsey for uncontested scrums in rugby league. You can blame us for a lot but I'm pretty sure that's not one of them.

AOB is weighed down from time to time with political threads especially during elections and when bigger events occur as in recent times with the referendum and the US election but the thread titles usually give you a heads up on what it's about so once you have identified its content you can then choose to ignore it and move on to other less political threads if you choose or participate/read on.

The Brexit threads have been dribbling on since the referendum, with everyone arguing in circles for most of that time. That was almost six months ago.

Some things need their own private hell. Maybe if you made the politics forum a pay-per-post one, the number of recycled arguments would drop.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Pfffft... that's nothing once you've moderated a cross-code forum with frothy mouthed sorts who think anyone who has ever watched a game of union deserves to be reserved an eternity of hell with Katie Hopkins and Piers Morgan.  Oh and the same bone thick trolls who post 100 inane things then hope that they won't get spotted when they suddenly do nothing but post on cross-code.  The Dalai Lama would lose it with that forum after six months on the job...

You'll get your reward in heaven.

Some things need their own private hell.

A hell with permanent Piers Morgan on TV and un-mutable:

- People on the M25 approaching a gridlocked junction who DELIBERATELY stay on the M25 in the fast lane until the very last second then try to wedge into the long-suffering queue.

- Drivers (like one bus driver on the M20 yesterday) who refuse to give way in turn when there's emergency lane closures.

A hell with Piers Morgan as your permanent companion:

- People who spend the entire day complaining loudly and to everyone who will listen about how the redundancies of others will inconvenience them and seriously not getting that that's nothing compared to people losing their jobs.

A hell with Piers Morgan and Katie Hopkins debating the virtues of Brexit, interspersed with Austin Healey reminiscing about the 2003 RUWC.:

- Gove (but permanently gagged).  Boris (but cursed to vomit every time he speaks)

A hell with permanently broken legs and forced to ride a bicycle relentlessly:

- Jeremy Hunt

A hell forced to watch David Cameron doing rude things to a dead pig:

- Isabel Oakeshott

A hell forced to be Maggie Thatcher's fluffer:

- Jeremy Corbyn

Like them or not, the AOB threads are more informative and interesting than the Parky epics over on the main forum.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Like them or not, the AOB threads are more informative and interesting than the Parky epics over on the main forum.

Now that is the definition of hell.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

I repeat: put Parky on ignore and the main forum becomes decent again.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Many people start out on the internet thinking they need to "win" every time they post anything. Fortunately this is usually ground out of them within the first 12 months and many go on to become reasonable forumers. What annoys me (apart from absolutely everything else about life, the World and the Universe - although, to be fair, I have no complaints about Jupiter. Yes, it is a huge planet but I'm sure a lot of that is due to a glandular problem but, in all the dealings I've had with Jupiter, I've found it to be a very reasonable planet, capable of calm and measured thinking.) mmmm, where was I? Oh, right! What annoys me is the people with 20,000 posts up who still think they can't go home until they've bent everybody to their will and imposed their ideas on the entire board.

Throw in all the people who complain about the lack of progress on some issue when they haven't even checked the relevant website for any updates.

Oh, and what about about the people who don't apostrophise correctly?

... and don't get me started on there/their/they're. A recent study in NSW prisons found an overwhelming statistical correlation between there/their/they're confusion and wife beating.

Anyway, what was the question again? Did I win?

Archived