Up and under film

iangidds

The humour is pretty broad, even for the Eighties and the 1997 film doesn't really try to bring the situation up to date or add much, as far as I can tell. Griff Rhys-Jones has fun doing his Eddie Waring impression, but it is, overall, a poor film.

I'd rather re-watch 'The First Kangaroos', even though it had Dennis Waterman playing Albert Goldthorpe. And I'll pause here for the 'Little Britain' fans to make their traditional joke, because they like repetition...

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I enjoyed the play.

One of the things that I thought was well done was the actors playing kit was different on the front to the back. When they faced you they were attacking in red shirts and when they had their backs to you they were defending in blue shirts.

Clever set design.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

I once worked with an actress in her other job of course and she said she was in Up and Under one time. I asked how it was going and she said something like "So interesting, we had to learn how to do line-outs and everything!" So it's not just Solomona they steal! ;) 

I prefer the First Kangaroos too, and I thought Dennis did a reasonable job. I thought he must have been picked by the Aussies so they could understand the lead actor, must have been scratching their heads when he did a northern accent.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Got a poster from Hull Truck production (2009) signed by the cast . The lady was quite famous for been in the news cant work out her hand writing think its Abi Ti---- . She was very good along with the other members of the cast . I like the film , easy watch .

Come on people... please don't post pics of naked women on here, and yes, just showing their bottom does count.  It's both a family friendly forum and also one where people look at the site on work computers because it's kept family friendly.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

In an interview with Dave Hadfield, John Godber said it took him 17 years to get funding for the film and he was convinced that if it had been a film about RU it would have taken 17 minutes to get the funding and he thought that said a lot about the marginalization of RL.

Come on people... please don't post pics of naked women on here, and yes, just showing their bottom does count.  It's both a family friendly forum and also one where people look at the site on work computers because it's kept family friendly.

It's a bum rap.

Archived