YML 2017

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the premier im led to believe Illingworth & norland no longer entering a side.

West Bowling have gone into conference.

That's at least 3 spots to fill, Bentley and batley from division 1 will probably go up

cas panthers?

Are Norland and Illingworth going back to winter?

Norland have not been playing in the winterHull League

Norland have folded I believe; upton also looking at entering a side into YML.

Looks like Brighouse are running a side also in partnership with Toronto

Makes sense that Upton play all year round, they have a clubhouse to run.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

• 3 weeks later...

Doncaster Toll Bar are not playing winter next season, this is a committee decision at a meeting today, seems strange they haven't asked the players what they want to do as so far this season they've filled a team sheet every week with players to spare, in the summer they struggled at times to put 13 names on the team sheet and between 4 and 9 of those where Moorends lads, now if we decided to play all year round this could really weaken their standard on the park.

On ‎07‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 9:24 PM, RugbyLad said:

Why don't Moorends play all year round ? 

Except for I think 3 years Moorends have played 12 months a year rugby league since 2004, the first time they missed a season was when the CMS Yorkshire league wouldn't allow them to move to the Pennine and they have missed a couple of summer seasons simply because the club feel that they're to many distractions during the summer season and players needed a rest, saying that if we ran from our own clubhouse we would again think about playing 12 months for financial reasons.

I take on board your point about the moorends lads playing summer for toll bar but thats just the exact problem the game has at the moment.

Crossover of seasons and more importantly the players. Id love to see some stats on players signed on for both winter/summer rugby.

For me it all has to come under the one umbrella to move forward, for me thats summer rugby but i fully understand everyone is different depending on demographics/age to name a few variables.

Would like to hear the thoughts of someone from Hull at the moment with the news norland have started up again in the YML it looks like theyll be more clubs from h&d playing YML than clubs playing in the district league.

I reckon Beverley will be in the premier and the remaining in division 1.

Myton

north hull

skirlaugh

west hull

east hull

norland

hull wyke

12 hours ago, Luckyno7 said:

I take on board your point about the moorends lads playing summer for toll bar but thats just the exact problem the game has at the moment.

Crossover of seasons and more importantly the players. Id love to see some stats on players signed on for both winter/summer rugby.

For me it all has to come under the one umbrella to move forward, for me thats summer rugby but i fully understand everyone is different depending on demographics/age to name a few variables.

Would like to hear the thoughts of someone from Hull at the moment with the news norland have started up again in the YML it looks like theyll be more clubs from h&d playing YML than clubs playing in the district league.

I reckon Beverley will be in the premier and the remaining in division 1.

Myton

north hull

skirlaugh

west hull

east hull

norland

hull wyke

So you believe the summer is the way forward, even when established NCL teams can't field 17 players on match day :(

I actually watched the Norland v Toll Bar game and they both sitting in the top 3 of the YML at the time, both teams failed to fill their team sheet, I think it was 14 for Norland and 15 for Toll Bar, when you take into account both where doing OK during their times in the winter (Toll Bar had 2 open-age and U18's)

I think your kidding yourself with your summer thinking and if you didn't know the game has been dragged under one umbrella and the policies of the RFL carried out by the community board (all but one selected by the RFL) stop BARLA from recouping any of it's losses.

Did you go to school with Bowes ?

You mention the community board there are no updated minutes from meetings since July 2015 http://www.therfl.co.uk/community_board/armed_forces

as far as I was aware these were supposed to be on the website within 3 weeks, how does anyone know what is actually going on with the game?

I also replied to another thread where somebody said all Pro/Semi Pro teams should have 16-18-21's as part of their remit, this was my reply and also highlights the standard of RL in Yorkshire

You mention all these teams (Reserves) and I agree that is what should be in place but in the real world where are you going to get these players from? Last season 5 under 18s Amateur teams played in Yorkshire for about 3 months, non in Cumbria take out the Hull teams (2 of) and there is one Yorkshire Club in the next tier of RL, NCL Premier, the whole amateur game is a mess. There is an "Embedded the Pathway System" but realistically there are not enough quality players for the system and the scholarship system has decimated the amateur game, both Hull Clubs Chairman agreed to merge the academy's, yes to save money but both also said there are not enough quality players in Hull for 2 academy systems, historic clubs with ties to the Professional game are struggling which means the rest of the amateur clubs will be in more of a mess, you may ask why this matters but this is where the players come from.

A sad comment from Nick Pinkney giving summery on the Hull v Rovers game yesterday "I don't know what Hull are trying to achieve with the game, unless Hull have a massive injury crisis I cannot see the majority of these players picked for the game today ever playing for Hull FC" basically saying the reserve players are not up to Super league standard, I keep hearing the term young lads, some of these lads are now 22 if they are not ready now the majority never will be.

It will again be interesting to see if we have narrowed the gap in the upcoming games verses the Australian clubs, this is important as the RFL in their "Plan" have said we will endeavor to win the 2017 World Cup and will win every tournament up to 2021 (2016 4 Nations??) This will be against usually un-prepared teams some Super league teams have been back training for 1 month, have played friendlies and will compose of an average of 6 overseas players again meaning less British players in the team

8 hours ago, Marauder said:

So you believe the summer is the way forward, even when established NCL teams can't field 17 players on match day :(

I actually watched the Norland v Toll Bar game and they both sitting in the top 3 of the YML at the time, both teams failed to fill their team sheet, I think it was 14 for Norland and 15 for Toll Bar, when you take into account both where doing OK during their times in the winter (Toll Bar had 2 open-age and U18's)

I think your kidding yourself with your summer thinking and if you didn't know the game has been dragged under one umbrella and the policies of the RFL carried out by the community board (all but one selected by the RFL) stop BARLA from recouping any of it's losses.

Did you go to school with Bowes ?

As i have said everyone will have a different opinion; the game needs a strong respected figure from grassroots to the pro game and sort out this mess.

For me the RFL run leagues are better managed and more efficient compared to pennine/h&d etc...

with so many hull clubs playing YML they must think the same?

9 minutes ago, Luckyno7 said:

As i have said everyone will have a different opinion; the game needs a strong respected figure from grassroots to the pro game and sort out this mess.

For me the RFL run leagues are better managed and more efficient compared to pennine/h&d etc...

with so many hull clubs playing YML they must think the same?

Out dated views from both management and clubs have led to the demise of the Hull and District league, unfortunately they have brought both the hammer and nails after supplying the coffin

4 hours ago, Defender1 said:

Out dated views from both management and clubs have led to the demise of the Hull and District league, unfortunately they have brought both the hammer and nails after supplying the coffin

The thing is there is plenty of  good people around with excellent ideas it's getting the old guard to see it and release their grip slightly

Archived