YML 2017

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good numbers for the season and i am glad that the bulk of the teams are in structered leagues; fingers crossed the fulfillment of fixtures rate is high once again.

Im intrigued to see how the NCL Alliance leagues work. Can players switch between the two? Some NCL sides have opted out and have gone in premier/division 1.

Anyone got any early season favourites for either league

Out of the top 6 divisions I think I counted only 14 of teams that  would have been Pennine league a few years ago, it seems that a lot of the old CMS Yorkshire league teams that went across to the Pennine have changed their minds and don't think the grass is greener in the Pennine and the only alternative left is the YML and it also seems the reports of a rift in Hull on here is true and that also only leaves the YML as a alternative to turn to since the CMS Yorkshire league was denied to be able to reform.

Sad to say but putting their heads in the sand has done the work for the RFL.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

For us York Lokomotive, it is a shame we have had to drop down a few leagues, this owes to the fact we have had a few senior/experienced players retire. It really would have been nice to have been in Division 1 with the other 3 York clubs as it does contain clubs we have competed with over the last few years, but we have got a lot of young and inexperienced players this year (as well as a few old heads) and it will be more beneficial for us to start lower down.

Overall though it looks like a good setup and the leagues are now beginning to settle which in future years will hopefully lead to a fixed structure of P&R, I really don't think it will be too long before the rest of those left in the Pennine league will come over. 

I'm also interested to know why some teams have not opted for the Alliance divisions?

33 minutes ago, Yorkie44 said:

For us York Lokomotive, it is a shame we have had to drop down a few leagues, this owes to the fact we have had a few senior/experienced players retire. It really would have been nice to have been in Division 1 with the other 3 York clubs as it does contain clubs we have competed with over the last few years, but we have got a lot of young and inexperienced players this year (as well as a few old heads) and it will be more beneficial for us to start lower down.

Overall though it looks like a good setup and the leagues are now beginning to settle which in future years will hopefully lead to a fixed structure of P&R, I really don't think it will be too long before the rest of those left in the Pennine league will come over. 

I'm also interested to know why some teams have not opted for the Alliance divisions?

I can only think that the individual sides voted for this? Siddal Academy and Hunslet Parkside "A" are both sides that will be able to hold there own in premier/division 1 and will have large squads id imagine. Perhaps the alliance leagues will be more relaxed and are purely a "tick in the box" for NCL sides??

Rest of the divisions look fair, as youve pointed out the Division 1 is filled with york and hull teams so a lot of travel costs will be reduced for them sides.

I understand Sharleston have lost a few players but itll still be a tough place to go. Whoever can win the most away games will probably win the league.

TOP 4 of

sharleston
beverley
siddal
batley

3 hours ago, Yorkie44 said:

I'm sure the rest of the clubs who once graced the CMS Yorkshire league will be moving soon, just no change or direction coming from the Pennine/BARLA committee, lets look at the leagues at the moment, most have finished their fixtures, that means most teams players are going to be stood down for approximately 7 to 8 months if they aren't involved in any of the cups latter rounds, why haven't they introduced a divisional play off format that could give the lesser teams a couple more games.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

Archived