Pre-season friendly vs Swinton Lions: 15 January 2017

gogledd

First in a series of 3 pre-season friendlies will be against Swinton Lions on 15th January 2017.

Our first game of 2017 at our new home at Queensway Stadium, Wrexham will be against Championship opposition, a tough test for the North Wales Crusaders and a chance for players to show Mike Grady and Jonny Leather what they have for the forthcoming campaign.

No time has been announced for kick off but I'll guess at 2:30 which seems to be our traditional KO time.

• 3 weeks later...

I met up with Andy Moulsdale today. He went to see Swinton v Oldham at the weekend and tells me that Swinton have a strong squad and will give us a stern test. Lets hope we get a good crowd out to cheer on the lads.

Positives: 

A good turnout for our first game at Queensway

Gameday arrangements went well. Food and drink were well apreciated and actually added to the club finances.

Lots of support from a friendly bunch of Swinton Fans (40+ estimated)

We didn't get nilled by a very good Swinton team 

6 debutants got to play their first game for Crusaders

To work on:

Cut out penalties - particularly lying on - we got pinged for that too many times

Capitalise on pressure when we build it

MoTM No.15 for Swinton. He was unstoppable and bossed the game

Archived