Sign in to follow this  
Bedford Roughyed

Lorry attack in Berlin

Ducking the question? So it is my job? I don't think so bro.

If you put yourself forward as a world leader, you should have some answers otherwise GTFO.

What I do know for sure is that you can't just plonk approx 1m people in another country without their being problems, lots of problems.

I don't have to offer an alternative, I didn't say what happened was wrong.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

I don't have to offer an alternative, I didn't say what happened was wrong.

I never mentioned you offering an alternative, just the people whose jobs it is.

Edit: You don't think events like the NYE sex attacks were wrong? Now, I'm sure you do so it clearly can't be dismissed as everything is OK.

Edited by Johnoco

If you look at the figures they have, by a surprising an order of magnitude, done more.

And the reason Germany had to take the million odd in Europe was because, and you may remember this, no other European country stepped in to help either.  The UK government have pledged to directly take 20,000 over 5 years (there are currently around a million in Lebanon against a 'native' population of 6m in comparison) - and in 2015/16 we received around 2,500 asylum claims from Syrians.

Germany didn't have to open its doors without any form of caveat regardless of what other countries did or did not do.  Has Germany's approach stopped the influx of migrants?  No.  What has stopped the influx of migrants over the Med anyway has been the German led deal with Turkey, a country which is becoming more Islamist and more autocratic every day.  Meanwhile, Italy is being inundated with migrants from Libya.  All Germany did by swinging open its doors in a unilateral move - the irony there appears to have been missed from a country and a chancellor who regularly speaks of unity and solidarity - was to create multiple headaches for the countries around it AND do a deal with the devil in Turkey.

Great solution.  I don't think.

However, even now, it appears that most Germans still (broadly) support accepting the refugees (although probably don't want to again, I'd imagine) and still very much support Schengen.

What are you on about? Many Germans are very much against Merkel and her Policies. 

The more incidents like this occur, then the more I can see the German peoples patience running out with Merkel and the refugees.

Police in Berlin arrest seven young immigrants after they set homeless man on fire

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/outrage-after-seven-young-refugees-9523175

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Well apparently according to the Gruniad lots of them are returning home.

And also, those who have travelled from the eastern Balkans aren't entitled to remain in the country anyway.

On top of that, again according to the Gruniad, Germany has turned away 20,000 migrants at its border this year.  So maybe Germany doesn't think it needs migrants quite so much or at least not as many migrants as it opted to let in during 2015.

Strange how now Germany is effectively doing the same thing as Hungary did in 2015 yet Hungary was openly criticised by Germany for protecting its borders, and indeed openly criticised by many in the UK.  Funny how things turn around isn't it?

I never mentioned you offering an alternative, just the people whose jobs it is.

Edit: You don't think events like the NYE sex attacks were wrong? Now, I'm sure you do so it clearly can't be dismissed as everything is OK.

Sorry I thought your world leader statement was a dig at me. That then confused what followed.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Inadvertently came across the Christmas market, whilst heading for Ku'dam. It was a hive of activity.

Berliners have just got on with it.

IMO that's exactly the right response. Terrorists do what they do in order to change attitudes and behaviour. In this case they are attempting to change the behaviour of both the German people and the recent arrivals from the Middle East. They are hoping to make the Germans distrustful of the refugees and hoping to also discourage other refugees from moving from the Middle East to the West because the likes of ISIS know that once they are in an open, more secular society the more likely these people are to reject the barbaric, medieval practices of radical Islam and therefore break free from the control that the likes of ISIS and other radical Islamist like to inflict on their people. 

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Inadvertently came across the Christmas market, whilst heading for Ku'dam. It was a hive of activity.

Berliners have just got on with it.

Berliners are not unique in that respect.  We got on with it after every IRA bomb hit and after 2005.  France have been getting on with it.  I'm sure Iraqis will get on with it after the latest bomb.  It's human nature to get on with it.