More internationals to be played in Liverpool

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As long as the local (Polish etc) federations recognized them, I don't see any problem.

They'll increase interest Upon the heritage community down under and maybe improve their capacity to attract sponsorship and resources, to be then spent on the local game in part.

Yes, I know they will. I've said this about 3 times already. Nobody here is against what they're doing. But you can't just have a bunch of different groups going round organizing 'international' matches on behalf of the NGB and then consulting them afterwards. Even if they agree and don't have a problem with it, that's not how international sport works. And again, for about the third time, this is a completely needless and pointless argument we're having that could've been completely avoided if the Heat just billed these teams as what they are, which is heritage sides, and didn't maintain this weird pretense of playing full international matches.

Yes, I know they will. I've said this about 3 times already. Nobody here is against what they're doing. But you can't just have a bunch of different groups going round organizing 'international' matches on behalf of the NGB and then consulting them afterwards. Even if they agree and don't have a problem with it, that's not how international sport works. And again, for about the third time, this is a completely needless and pointless argument we're having that could've been completely avoided if the Heat just billed these teams as what they are, which is heritage sides, and didn't maintain this weird pretense of playing full international matches.

Do you think people care about this burocratic details? I tend to think they prefer just watch footy and, given also Australia is actually the place where rl is most followed and supported, for rl people Australians with Polish origin ARE actually Polish people.

If the federations in Europe recognize this teams, well welcome them, even at test level.

Heat's need is to play competitive and high level football. That's imho of course.

Toronto Wolfpack Global Ambassador

That's all anyone was asking in the first place! Somebody asked if these teams were recognized by the official bodies. Nobody seems to know. Evil Homer points out that it would be bad if they're not. You and Pulga jump down his throat as if he's attacking the people involved. Jesus.

I'm sorry if i've sounded like I'm jumping down anyone's throat.

The fact is there is no evidence that any of these teams are rebel groups. There's no evidence that they aren't fully endorsed by the domestic bodies of the respective countries.

There's nothing wrong with anybody anywhere claiming to be the official national side as long as they have the blessing of that country and meet the RLIF criteria. 

And there is no evidence anyone hasn't done that.

There is no muddying of water, no rebellion and this is 100% above board.

These are 100% the International teams.

new rise.jpg

Do you think people care about this burocratic details? I tend to think they prefer just watch footy and, given also Australia is actually the place where rl is most followed and supported, for rl people Australians with Polish origin ARE actually Polish people.

If the federations in Europe recognize this teams, well welcome them, even at test level.

Heat's need is to play competitive and high level football. That's imho of course.

At least four people in this thread alone care about these "bureaucratic details", including the guy who started RL in the Netherlands. I'm pretty sure if you asked anyone in Europe the vast majority would be unhappy with this in the same way, maybe not in Australia because a lot of Australians just don't seem to fundamentally understand international sport. But I've explained in some detail why this is wrong, if you don't get it that's on you. I'm just letting you know why people are unhappy with this. If I was the RLIF I would be actively telling the Heat not to advertise these matches as full internationals, but it is what it it is. You and Pulga are obviously not going to understand no matter how clearly this is explained to you so I don't see the point in wasting any more time on this. Just know that you are stirring up ill feeling from the wider RL community, who otherwise would be 100% behind your efforts, for absolutely no reason.

The problem here EH is that it's unfounded.

There has been no ill-will from anyone about calling these internationals from anyone but yourself.

Nobody else thinks it muddies the waters, dilutes the game etc etc.

The RLIF have no reason to do that. All of these guys are fully documented and, where possible, are in a great deal of contact with the organizations in their country.

I think you must think these are a bunch of white, Anglo-looking guys that have dubious links to their country.

I know, as far as El Salvador is concerned, there are no players that are quarter Salvadoran (as is required by the RLIF). The whole team is either half Salvadoran or full with around a third born there. These guys speak Spanish at home. 

If there were any problems with guys on the domestic front then we would have to work it out. Latin Heat is first and foremost about Latin America playing the game. All of the actual Aussies know that the aim is to put them out of the organization.

new rise.jpg

The problem here EH is that it's unfounded.

There has been no ill-will from anyone about calling these internationals from anyone but yourself.

Nobody else thinks it muddies the waters, dilutes the game etc etc.

The RLIF have no reason to do that. All of these guys are fully documented and, where possible, are in a great deal of contact with the organizations in their country.

I think you must think these are a bunch of white, Anglo-looking guys that have dubious links to their country.

I know, as far as El Salvador is concerned, there are no players that are quarter Salvadoran (as is required by the RLIF). The whole team is either half Salvadoran or full with around a third born there. These guys speak Spanish at home. 

If there were any problems with guys on the domestic front then we would have to work it out. Latin Heat is first and foremost about Latin America playing the game. All of the actual Aussies know that the aim is to put them out of the organization.

Spot on. 

Reading through some of this makes me realise some of you clearly have NO IDEA what you are talking about.

First off, to call it an International Test match it must be sanctioned by both countries recognised governing bodies. It must also be recognised by the Rugby League International Federation, and played under International rules.

To give you a bit of a background. I am part of the Hungarian Rugby League Federation (Magyar Ligarögbi Szövetség). I look after Hungarys Australian based players, and am in constant communication with our president of Rugby League in Hungary. I am sanctioned to act on behalf of Hungarian Rugby League in Australia. I also know this to be the case with the Polish side.

On Hungarys upcoming Test Matches to be played in February. 3 of the players playing have actually llayed for Hungary in Hungary. Furthermore, over half the side are full Hungarian citizens.

Under international sporting rules, you can represent a country in a chosen sport if you have at least one grandparent born in that respective country and the governing body selects you.

The reason Hungarian Rugby League decided to access heritage players in Australia is for a number of reasons:

1. The Heritage players are better. An average A Grade player in Australia is better than 90% of domestic players in all of Europe excluding England.

2. We have Hungarian citizens in Australia that play Rugby League here, the Heritage players prop them up.

3. These games are for the Australian based coach for the Hungarian National Rugby League Team to look at our players in Australia in preparation for the Emerging Nations Rugby League World Championship in November next year, to be played in Sydney.

4. A hand full of our Australian based players will go to Hungary in July to play a test with the domestic based players, assist with training the domestic players, introduce a higher standard of training, and also teach the domestic players during the game better structure, communication and game management.

5. In November Hungary will bring 10 domestic based players to Australia to play in the Emerging Nations Rugby League World Championship. They will be mixed with our Australian based players. They will learn more professionalism, tour NRL facilities, train and play with higher quality players, and learn things to bring back to Hungary.

6. The Hungarian Rugby League Federation plans to bring some Australian based players to Hungary every year to assist raising the standard in Hungary. We will also bring Hungarian domestic players to Australia every year to help them learn the game of Rugby League better.

The Hungarian Rugby League Federation sees having our Australian based players as essential to raising the profile of the sport in Hungary. Our biggest competition is Union. They get Olympic funding, as well as Sports Accord funding. They do everythingthey can to stop the growth of League. The news of a Hungarian National Rugby League Team playing in Australia has raised huge interest amongst the Union players and officials in Hungary. And the opportunity for players to come to Australia each year, or train and play with out Australian Hungarian players in Budapest each year has resulted in some of Hungarys best Union players to play League as well. It has also bought new people into the sport in Hungary.

Finally, for our Heritage players. Our Australian Hungarian heritage players are proud Australians and Proud Hungarians. The opportunity to represent their families and heritage gives them great pride. Don't diminish their pride for representing their country or heritage.

Finally, this is not the only sport this happens in. Australians have played Soccer for Serbia in the World Cup, Ben Teo is playing for England in Union, played for Australia in League, and identifies as a New Zelander. And then look at the English Cricket team. The 4 biggest world cups in the world, Soccer, Cricket, Union and League, and it happens in EVERY sport.

That's fantastic to hear Steve. I think some of the posters on here had valid concerns given what we've seen in other developing nations, with power struggles in competing national bodies and egos working against each other. It's pleasing to see some joined up thinking for once in rugby league!

Look forward to hearing more about Hungary at the Emerging Nations World Cup and more about the other nations competing in that tournament as well. I hope Sport Accord acceptance is just around the corner too, as that's vital too

Thanks for the clarification Steve. There seems to be a misunderstanding though as none of the people asking questions were concerned about heritage players. We were only wondering if the games had been sanctioned by the official governing bodies, which you have now confirmed.

Hi

Like Steven said above i also represent Poland and act in Polska XIII interests here in Australia and have there full support. I am also a international board memeber of Polska XIII which is the national governing body of Polish Rugby League

http://www.prxiii.com/board/

Unlike other nations competing at this event Polands match will be played as a international friendly match as we have not obtained observer status with the RLEF and RLIF and therfore can not be recognized as a full international test match but have submitted all relevant paperwork and just waiting on the final approval to be signed off on in the hopes of playing a full testmatch some time next year . Our squad here in Australia will be mostly made up of heritage players but have 5 players that where born in Poland but now call Australia home and numerous players that hold Polish citizenship or qualify under the parents or grandparents rule which is standard for all nations playing the game. We have been working closely with the Hungarian side in which we formed a joint side in the Cabramatta 9s last year and now both have formed there own sides due to this match . Both teams are trying to create awareness about the game and help grow it back in our countries in the hopes of fielding a team in the ENWC in 2017. Every team has to start somewhere and we continue to have the full support of our respective governing bodys.

Shane

Polska XIII Australia

post-45669-0-11501400-1482686159_thumb.jpg

post-45669-0-78546300-1482686179_thumb.jpg

Excellent to hear of the hard work that is going into some of the newer pockets where rugby league is springing up, hope that El Salvador, Poland, Hungary and the other nations involved will soon become full members of the RLIF and will be able to try and qualify for the 2021 World Cup.

www.twitter.com/flyingking2

Reading through some of this makes me realise some of you clearly have NO IDEA what you are talking about.

First off, to call it an International Test match it must be sanctioned by both countries recognised governing bodies. It must also be recognised by the Rugby League International Federation, and played under International rules.

To give you a bit of a background. I am part of the Hungarian Rugby League Federation (Magyar Ligarögbi Szövetség). I look after Hungarys Australian based players, and am in constant communication with our president of Rugby League in Hungary. I am sanctioned to act on behalf of Hungarian Rugby League in Australia. I also know this to be the case with the Polish side.

On Hungarys upcoming Test Matches to be played in February. 3 of the players playing have actually llayed for Hungary in Hungary. Furthermore, over half the side are full Hungarian citizens.

Under international sporting rules, you can represent a country in a chosen sport if you have at least one grandparent born in that respective country and the governing body selects you.

The reason Hungarian Rugby League decided to access heritage players in Australia is for a number of reasons:

1. The Heritage players are better. An average A Grade player in Australia is better than 90% of domestic players in all of Europe excluding England.

2. We have Hungarian citizens in Australia that play Rugby League here, the Heritage players prop them up.

3. These games are for the Australian based coach for the Hungarian National Rugby League Team to look at our players in Australia in preparation for the Emerging Nations Rugby League World Championship in November next year, to be played in Sydney.

4. A hand full of our Australian based players will go to Hungary in July to play a test with the domestic based players, assist with training the domestic players, introduce a higher standard of training, and also teach the domestic players during the game better structure, communication and game management.

5. In November Hungary will bring 10 domestic based players to Australia to play in the Emerging Nations Rugby League World Championship. They will be mixed with our Australian based players. They will learn more professionalism, tour NRL facilities, train and play with higher quality players, and learn things to bring back to Hungary.

6. The Hungarian Rugby League Federation plans to bring some Australian based players to Hungary every year to assist raising the standard in Hungary. We will also bring Hungarian domestic players to Australia every year to help them learn the game of Rugby League better.

The Hungarian Rugby League Federation sees having our Australian based players as essential to raising the profile of the sport in Hungary. Our biggest competition is Union. They get Olympic funding, as well as Sports Accord funding. They do everythingthey can to stop the growth of League. The news of a Hungarian National Rugby League Team playing in Australia has raised huge interest amongst the Union players and officials in Hungary. And the opportunity for players to come to Australia each year, or train and play with out Australian Hungarian players in Budapest each year has resulted in some of Hungarys best Union players to play League as well. It has also bought new people into the sport in Hungary.

Finally, for our Heritage players. Our Australian Hungarian heritage players are proud Australians and Proud Hungarians. The opportunity to represent their families and heritage gives them great pride. Don't diminish their pride for representing their country or heritage.

Spot on and well said, SteveSN5. Especially the last paragraph is something a lot of people (here in this forum, too) don't understand. 

Except that nobody was talking about heritage players. You were arguing with yourself.

I still don't think they really understand what we were talking about. A lot of Aussies just don't seem to fundamentally understand international sport and what it is. Good to hear there is collaboration between the Hungary/Poland teams at this event and the domestic setups though and best of luck to them.

That's all anyone was asking in the first place! Somebody asked if these teams were recognized by the official bodies. Nobody seems to know. Evil Homer points out that it would be bad if they're not. You and Pulga jump down his throat as if he's attacking the people involved. Jesus.

I asked Latin Heat if the governing bodies bodies are involved and RLIF sanctioned the matches. They said yes.

I'm happy enough to put them on my site without putting them in italics, and I tend to err on the side of caution with ones I'm not sure about

Check out upcoming international fixtures and highlights of past matches at http://rlfixtures.weebly.com

St Albans Centurions International Liaison Officer and former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

• 1 month later...

Results and scorers from all the games: (taken from Latin Heat's Facebook page)

Full scoring details from Saturday's Rugby League Revolucion - 6 Game International Festival.

POLAND 56 (Jayden Zelezniak 2, Mitch Shaw 2, Jordan Owen 2, Ethan Niszczot, Cheyne Pike, Zac Pitt, Alex Kowalski, Jaydon Sienkiewicz tries; Matt Hastie 6 goals) d CHILE 0. Halftime: Poland 30-0.

THAILAND 32 (Suhttirak Choengkhiri 2, Scott Stapleton 2, Don Boonkhit, Joseph Halpin, Dangmo Chimpla tries; Chris Twigg 2 goals) d EL SALVADOR 12 (Alvaro Alarcon 2 tries; Miguel Gonzalez 2 goals). Halftime: Thailand 22-6.

HUNGARY 50 (Brent Varga 2, Nathan Farkas 2, Aaron Farkas, David Farkas, Ryan Nemeth, Karoly Acsai, Josh Institoris tries; Aaron Farkas 6, Jared Farkas, Stephen Nemeth goals) d URUGUAY 4 (Nicholas Cama try). Halftime: Hungary 28-0.

AFRICA UNITED 68 (Job Baboth 3, Fairouz Elkander 2, Mun Mapiou 2, Bevan de Vries 2, Joel Tubbs, Frederick Solo, Seth Buckley, Yibeltal Campbell, Jonathan Saweris tries; Bevan de Vries 4, Jordan Adebumowa, Gerald Dzirutwe goals) d PERU 10 (Issac Guerin 2; Frank Altamirano goal). Halftime: Africa United 44-0.

SYDNEY UNIVERSITY 48 (Jay Parker 3, Tyson Wade 2, Kazuki Fukushige, Ahmed Yatim, Anthony Jury, Mounir Daghestani tries; Adam Vrahnos 5, Ahmed Yatim goals) d INCAS 0. Halftime: Sydney University 26-0.

AFRICA UNITED UNDER 17S 26 (John Kwiah 2, Saidu Samura 2, Ezekial Adenako tries; Samuel Karwhin 3 goals) d LATIN HEAT UNDER 17s 18 (Jayziah Calderon, Frank Altamirano, Timathy Gonzalez, Moo Doh tries; Diego Papa goal). Halftime: Latin Heat 12-10.

www.twitter.com/flyingking2

Archived